*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Dell T610 New Server Install tip and tricks will be much appreciated

Everything Hardware related to build that XigmaNAS system!
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
jerryone
Starter
Starter

Dell T610 New Server Install tip and tricks will be much appreciated

Post by jerryone » 24 May 2019 19:17

Hi,

I will change my configuration in this one:
Dell T610, 2 Xeon Procesor X5650, 192 GB ECC, 8X4Tb HGST from old config Sata+4xSegate 1TB+1SDD for OS, iDRAC and to HBA Card add-on because the main one from bord does not support hdd more than 2 TB. Also a concern that i didn't find on web is if the bord will accept the add-ons and sas raid back-plain will accept this config and i will not need some other extension. ?

Because i have experence a sistem reset with no reason on curent config(see signature) a very frustrating problem. What i need to know could i expect same problem with restart, i need to re-do ZFS raid or i will import raid with config free and all should run as smooth as possible. i will accept all your info about any tip and tricks with this config. Server will serve for Syncthing, miniDLNA, PLEX, Samba share,Auto snapshots.

my main will be enbended or RootOnZFS? i also don't know to much of programing and all i do is from WebGUI. also i will be new to this server machines config.
Dell T610 Xeon x5650 x2 , 192 GB DELL ECC, HBA 9211-8i LSI x2 , 7xHGST-4TB, 2xSamsung 1TB, , 1xKingston 128GB-SSD boot sys
CIFS/SMB, Syncthing, DLNA/UPnP MiniDLNA, BitTorrent, Plex Media Server

Return to “Server Build, Tips, Help and Suggestions”