Sorry we lost some posts because of database errors!

*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-09-01: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7728 - released

*New 11.4 series Release:
2020-08-27: XigmaNAS 11.4.0.4.7718 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Dell/EMC PowerEdge T40 - waiting for 60 seconds for xpt_config

New installs of XigmaNAS.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
FredTheFrog
NewUser
NewUser

Dell/EMC PowerEdge T40 - waiting for 60 seconds for xpt_config

Post by FredTheFrog »

Brand new (vintage December 2019) Dell Xeon server. Tried USB Live images with both v11.4.0.4.7682 and v12.1.0.4.7683 and both hang after USB device registration and issue the message "waiting for xxx seconds for xpt_config". Switched to a Live DVD image of v12, was able to get XigmaNAS installed, but could not get it to reboot. Reconnect the monitor, again the "waiting for xxx seconds" message. It never gets past this point. It's never available at IP v4 address 192.168.1.250.

I'd love to provide to you a log file, but alas, I cannot ping or connect to the system. :(

Suggestions, please. Thank you in advance.

FredTheFrog
NewUser
NewUser

Re: Dell/EMC PowerEdge T40 - waiting for 60 seconds for xpt_config

Post by FredTheFrog »

I'm not certain how or why, but it seems if I waited a LOT longer, it eventually got past the xpt_config wait(s) and came online. Really strange behavior. Never seen it before, and I've built three NAS4Free and XigmaNAS systems over the last few years. Read all the BSD and even FreeNAS forum posts regarding the error, and none seemed to be relevant. Mostly IEEE 1394 Firewire stuff, or ACHI/SATA controller configs in the BIOS. This machine doesn't even ask, just has ACHI. Figured that was a plus. Whatever, it appears to be online and working, after all.

FredTheFrog
NewUser
NewUser

Post by FredTheFrog »

It's a few months later, and the client powered down the machine. This morning I've been waiting too darned long for it to come up and online. Anyone have any helpful hints, tips, or suggestions? Should I attempt to disable the on-board/motherboard SATA/ACHI controller?

run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config

Apparently, it's a corrected bug in FreeBSD:
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/attac ... ction=edit

Any idea if a later version of XigmaNAS includes this patch? I've got to wait for the darned thing to finish starting up before I can even consider patching the release I installed back in August. :(

FredTheFrog
NewUser
NewUser

Post by FredTheFrog »

It's also the ASMedia SATA controller card that is the source of the problem. Pulled card, no more xpt_config wait. Okay, I can live with that.

Return to “Install XigmaNAS”