*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.6928 - released, 11.2 series are soon unsupported!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Fresh Full Install Restore Config 9.1.0.1 to current Broke Web GUI

For "upgrading" from FreeNAS/NAS4Free Legacy to XigmaNAS and upgrading XigmaNAS to newer builds.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
JWils
NewUser
NewUser

Fresh Full Install Restore Config 9.1.0.1 to current Broke Web GUI

Post by JWils » 26 Feb 2019 18:23

Have been using FreeNas -> Nas4Free -> XNas for many years now, don't really tinker with it much, have had working config for a long long time.
Boot drive developed some issues, swapped it out. Wanted to just restore 9.1.0.1 but couldn't find downloads to install any version except the current XNas anywhere.
Followed the instructions to fresh install and then restore config. All went smoothly except after config restore and reboot, I now have the following error when I try to access the web gui

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare genhtmltitle() (previously declared in /usr/local/www/guiconfig.inc:734) in /usr/local/www/fbegin.inc on line 43

I have ssh access if that helps.

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fresh Full Install Restore Config 9.1.0.1 to current Broke Web GUI

Post by raulfg3 » 26 Feb 2019 21:42

perhaps a cache problem.

try to clear explorer cache and reload page.
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

JWils
NewUser
NewUser

Post by JWils » 27 Feb 2019 18:13

raulfg3 wrote:
26 Feb 2019 21:42
perhaps a cache problem.

try to clear explorer cache and reload page.
That had no effect, but appreciate trying to help.

Seems to be some conflict between the fbegin.inc file and the guiconfig.inc file. I'm guessing that over the years, code migrated from one to the other, but for whatever reason I've got both of them, perhaps because my /usr/ directory is linked with

Code: Select all

mount_unionfs -o w /mnt/threeterra/extensions/usr/ /usr/
at boot.

I commented out the repeated functions in fbegin.inc because it's the older dated file, and got an interesting text-only rendition of the webgui for my troubles. So, not quite right, but a start.

At this point I've got everything working that I use my NAS for... SMB, SABnzbd, Sickbeard, etc. So I can live without the webgui if I have to. Probably getting close to time to fully rebuild and reconfigure my NAS anyhow. Looking through the config.xml, there's some really old remnants from years gone by as I've just periodically updated since early FreeNAS days.

Still would appreciate any insights about the guiconfig.inc and fbegin.inc files if anyone knows much about them and what their current state should be, but I'll just keep tinkering with it otherwise.

JWils
NewUser
NewUser

Post by JWils » 27 Feb 2019 18:18

Well, my next experiment was to completely disable the older fbegin.inc file and see what happened. That seems to have restored the webgui entirely. So, unless I run into something that still needs the fbegin file and throws an error, it looks like that was the solution. Since I did a fresh install, I can only assume the fbegin.inc file was in my own linked usr directory for whatever reason. So this is probably a pretty uncommon problem to crop up.

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 27 Feb 2019 23:23

JWils wrote:
27 Feb 2019 18:18
Well, my next experiment was to completely disable the older fbegin.inc file and see what happened. That seems to have restored the webgui entirely. So, unless I run into something that still needs the fbegin file and throws an error, it looks like that was the solution. Since I did a fresh install, I can only assume the fbegin.inc file was in my own linked usr directory for whatever reason. So this is probably a pretty uncommon problem to crop up.

As an advice, since you are coming from an unsupported/legacy/end-of-life OS, you may want to experiment with a fresh install of XigmaNAS Full RootOnZFS if your hardware permits so, then reconfigure your NAS from scratch and forget about manual PHP file modifications or trying to reinvent/workaround hassles, simply open the config.xml file in a decent text editor to read from may help alot in the reconfiguration process.

Regards
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

Return to “Upgrade XigmaNAS”