Latest News:
2018-11-29: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6229 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS cost money, please consider a donation to our project so we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Create NFSv4 exports

Network filesystems.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
kalle
NewUser
NewUser

Create NFSv4 exports

Post by kalle » 21 Nov 2018 21:30

Hello,

I would like to create directories to share over NFSv4. My solution up to now is:

1. Create NFSv4 root directory and configure it in Xigmanas "/mnt/nfs_mnt"
2. Create directories for exports and mount this over terminal "/mnt/nfs_mnt/mountA", "/mnt/nfs_mnt/mountC" and "/mnt/nfs_mnt/mountC"
3. Configure the NFSv4 exports in Xigmanas

All works fine. But the problem is number 2. After each restart the directories and the mount-points are deleted.

That's why my question: How can I done the work of number 2. with Xigmanas? I can't find options in Disks --> Mount Point. Must I use a script?

Greets
Kalle

ms49434
Developer
Developer

Re: Create NFSv4 exports

Post by ms49434 » 21 Nov 2018 23:48

kalle wrote:
21 Nov 2018 21:30
Hello,

I would like to create directories to share over NFSv4. My solution up to now is:

1. Create NFSv4 root directory and configure it in Xigmanas "/mnt/nfs_mnt"
2. Create directories for exports and mount this over terminal "/mnt/nfs_mnt/mountA", "/mnt/nfs_mnt/mountC" and "/mnt/nfs_mnt/mountC"
3. Configure the NFSv4 exports in Xigmanas

All works fine. But the problem is number 2. After each restart the directories and the mount-points are deleted.

That's why my question: How can I done the work of number 2. with Xigmanas? I can't find options in Disks --> Mount Point. Must I use a script?

Greets
Kalle
The above indicates that you are running the embedded version of XigmaNAS.
/mnt is a folder on a memory disk, any folder or file created under this folder will not survive a reboot.
/mnt is used to mount physical data storage like ZFS pools, software RAID arrays or simple UFS formatted devices. It looks like you didn't perform this step.
Mounting and exporting must be done using the WebGUI to ensure the configuration gets stored. Manual changes (mount / NFS export) using a terminal session will not be permanent and will be lost on a reboot.
1) XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4 amd64-embedded on a Dell T20 running in a VM on ESXi 6.7, 22GB out of 32GB ECC RAM, LSI 9300-8i IT mode in passthrough mode. Pool 1: 2x HGST 10TB, mirrored, SLOG: Samsung 850 Pro, L2ARC: Samsung 850 Pro, Pool 2: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB , services: Samba AD, CIFS/SMB, ftp, ctld, rsync, syncthing, zfs snapshots.
2) XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4 amd64-embedded on a Dell T20 running in a VM on ESXi 6.7, 8GB out of 32GB ECC RAM, IBM M1215 crossflashed, IT mode, passthrough mode, 1x HGST 10TB , services: rsync.

kalle
NewUser
NewUser

Post by kalle » 22 Nov 2018 15:49

Thank you for your explanation and I understand it. But my question is:

How can I do this in the WebGUI? Especially, how can I create the mount points (mount -t nullfs /source /dest)?

ChriZathens
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ChriZathens » 22 Nov 2018 16:00

Do you want to mount nfs shares from xigmanas to other system, or the other way around?
Presenting an NFS share to another system can be done via Services > NFS > Add
The other way around - while I haven't done it - I guess can be accomplished by creating folders (to be used as mountpoints) inside a permanent location and then use a postinit script (System > Advanced > Command Scripts > Add) to mount them on each boot
So the mountpoints should be in /mnt/pool_mountpoint/nfs_mnt/mountA instead of /mnt/nfs_mnt/mountA and a postinit script can contain something like

Code: Select all

mount -t nullfs remote:/path/to/share /mnt/pool_mountpoint/nfs_mnt/mountA
My Nas
  1. Case: Fractal Design Define R2
  2. M/B: Supermicro x9scl-f
  3. CPU: Intel Celeron G1620
  4. RAM: 16GB DDR3 ECC (2 x Kingston KVR1333D3E9S/8G)
  5. PSU: Chieftec 850w 80+ modular
  6. Storage: 8x2TB HDDs in a RaidZ2 array ~ 10.1 TB usable disk space
  7. O/S: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6195 -amd64 embedded
  8. Extra H/W: Dell Perc H310 SAS controller, crosflashed to LSI 9211-8i IT mode, 8GB Innodisk D150SV SATADOM for O/S

Backup Nas: HP N40L (5x500GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K500 in RaidZ configuration - 8GB ECC RAM)

kalle
NewUser
NewUser

Post by kalle » 23 Nov 2018 19:19

The other way around - while I haven't done it - I guess can be accomplished by creating folders (to be used as mountpoints) inside a permanent location and then use a postinit script (System > Advanced > Command Scripts > Add) to mount them on each Boot ...
I almost thought so. Thanks for your help.

Return to “NFS”