Sorry we lost some posts because of database errors!

*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-09-01: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7728 - released

*New 11.4 series Release:
2020-08-27: XigmaNAS 11.4.0.4.7718 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Rsync XigmaNAS to QNAP

Synchronize files & directories to/from XigmaNAS with minimal data transfer.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
ZeniChan
NewUser
NewUser

Rsync XigmaNAS to QNAP

Post by ZeniChan »

Good day. I am admittedly new to XigmaNAS. I recently upgraded the OS on my Thecus N7710-G NAS unit to XigmaNAS since the manufacturer has discontinued support for my hardware and the embedded OS. But got it working well enough for now. One issue I am having problems with is that I have a QNAP NAS that I would Rsync with the Thecus NAS to use as a backup. With QNAP, it's Rsync module demands a password. But with XigmaNAS I don't see anywhere I can enter a password to authenticate the Rsync session with. I looked around and couldn't find a reference to how to use a password with XigmaNAS's Rsync module. Can someone point me to where I could find such information, or is it just not possible to use passwords?

Thanks!

ms49434
Developer
Developer

Re: Rsync XigmaNAS to QNAP

Post by ms49434 »

ZeniChan wrote:
17 Aug 2020 00:57
Good day. I am admittedly new to XigmaNAS. I recently upgraded the OS on my Thecus N7710-G NAS unit to XigmaNAS since the manufacturer has discontinued support for my hardware and the embedded OS. But got it working well enough for now. One issue I am having problems with is that I have a QNAP NAS that I would Rsync with the Thecus NAS to use as a backup. With QNAP, it's Rsync module demands a password. But with XigmaNAS I don't see anywhere I can enter a password to authenticate the Rsync session with. I looked around and couldn't find a reference to how to use a password with XigmaNAS's Rsync module. Can someone point me to where I could find such information, or is it just not possible to use passwords?

Thanks!
From the rsync man pages, which might solve your issue:
"
Some modules on the remote daemon may require authentication. If so, you will receive a password prompt when you connect. You can avoid the password prompt by setting the environment variable RSYNC_PASSWORD to the password you want to use or using the --password-file option. This may be useful when scripting rsync.

WARNING: On some systems environment variables are visible to all users. On those systems using --password-file is recommended.
"
You would enter the --password-file parameter into the Extra Options field.
1) XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4 amd64-embedded on a Dell T20 running in a VM on ESXi 6.7U3, 22GB out of 32GB ECC RAM, LSI 9300-8i IT mode in passthrough mode. Pool 1: 2x HGST 10TB, mirrored, L2ARC: Samsung 850 Pro; Pool 2: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, SLOG: Samsung SM883, services: Samba AD, CIFS/SMB, ftp, ctld, rsync, syncthing, zfs snapshots.
2) XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4 amd64-embedded on a Dell T20 running in a VM on ESXi 6.7U3, 8GB out of 32GB ECC RAM, IBM M1215 crossflashed, IT mode, passthrough mode, 2x HGST 10TB , services: rsync.

Return to “RSYNC”