*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[SOLVED] Can ping from HV, but "Unable to connect to ISCSI service on target"

iSCSI over TCP/IP.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
hailthemelody
Starter
Starter

[SOLVED] Can ping from HV, but "Unable to connect to ISCSI service on target"

Post by hailthemelody » 04 Mar 2017 01:33

Hi,

I am having difficulty connecting from Xen to Nas4Free via ISCSI in my new setup. I have successfully done so with other environments/configurations, so I have a somewhat solid grasp in how this all comes together.

I'm able to ping Xen to/from Nas4Free over the ISCSI switch (and management lan as well, obviously), but I can't connect to the LUN. I am however able to to connect to the LUN via the management switch/network (did so as a test - obviously this is not an intended technique.) The error I receive in my Xen SMlog is "Unable to connect to ISCSI service on target". I tried a few suggestions on Xen forums but I think it's more my Nas4Free setup that's missing something.

For troubleshooting, Nas4Free is set to accept portal connecting on any address (0.0.0.0:3260), and "ALL" initiators and networks are permitted. The ISCSI switch is a Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560E-48TD-S 48 Port. Running Nas4Free 11.0.0.4 - Sayyadina (revision 3948).

Thank you for your time and help.
Last edited by hailthemelody on 06 Mar 2017 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

hailthemelody
Starter
Starter

Re: Can ping from HV, but "Unable to connect to ISCSI service on target"

Post by hailthemelody » 06 Mar 2017 16:28

SOLUTION

The issue was actually with XenServer. Apparently when adding multipathing support this issue can sometimes occur. It was resolved by running the following command from the XenServer host via CLI "iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets --portal IPADDRESSOFSAN" while in maintenance mode. The LUN will then appear the next time the SR is added.

Thank you all who read and considered my post.

Return to “iSCSI (Internet Small Computer Systems Interface)”