Sorry we lost some posts because of database errors!

*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-09-01: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7728 - released

*New 11.4 series Release:
2020-08-27: XigmaNAS 11.4.0.4.7718 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

LG Smart TV will not display JPG files from NAS

UPnP/DLNA services Fuppes & MiniDLNA.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
RSS
Starter
Starter

LG Smart TV will not display JPG files from NAS

Post by RSS »

New LG TV model M8500PLA 49, connects to the NAS with no issues, and the folders are all shown that have my TV shows and films in. Added bonus is that some of the MKV files that would not play on my old decoder now play on this new TV, all good.

But....
I can't get any JPG files to open up, some of these are from different sources such as mobile phone, different cameras et so I know it is not a format issue. I can also copy files to a USB and display them on the TV with no problems.

On the TV you get all the photo folders, there are no thumbnails, and this is the same for all the folders.

I've tried different profiles from the default in the Fupes settings, the films etc all behave throughout all the different settings, but still no photos will display. I've also tried with transcoding on and off, still nothing.

Each time settings have been changed I've gone in and disabled DLNA/UPnP Fuppes, then deleted the database file it had created before re-enabling to be sure the DB was created from fresh.

Read about adding PLEX to the TV, but the fact video plays I'm not sure that is going to help, plus the phots display from the USB.

Any ideas....?
11.0.0.4 - Sayyadina
x64-embedded on Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz
MSI 7529 v1.1(G31M3 V2) motherboard
2GB DDR2 memory
2 x 4TB SATA drives WD Red

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LG Smart TV will not display JPG files from NAS

Post by raulfg3 »

try miniDLNA instead fuppes, works better at least for me.

NO problems here to show photos on TV using miniDLNA.
12.1.0.4 - Ingva (revision 7743) on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 11x3TB disk in 1 vdev = Vpool = 32TB Raw size , so 29TB usable size (I Have other NAS as Backup)

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

RSS
Starter
Starter

Post by RSS »

Great, and thankyou so much for the reply, hadn't ventured into that tab, thought I would feedback my experience for others.

I managed to get it working in the end, the apply and restart process puts up a message that seems a bit misleading saying
"If this message persist take a look at the system log for more information"
When I did, that was telling me it was stopping and starting the service but the status table only had one tick against it so something wasn't right.

Went back to the logs and filtered for errors and saw that the servivce was reporting a write error to the SQL table. I'd deleted the old DB table after removing the fuppes service and miniDLNA created a new one but seemed to then lock itself out. So disabled miniDLNA again did the apply and while not running deteted the DB table (files.db) again.

Went through the enable, apply save & restart routine a few times, checked the logs and no errors reported, looked at the DB file and that was growing in line with the HDD light on the NAS, left it running overnight, file ended up at 41MB.

Checked the TV this morning, no files displayed??? restarted the NAS and went through the apply and restart, and NAS was then seen on the TV and files found, more importantly the photos displayed with thumbnails. By this time I had enabled the
"Enable to strictly adhere to DLNA standards"
option thinking that maybe the TV needed this, seems to work the same on or off so left on.

I don't get thumbnails for the TV shows and films though it seems to have created some so not sure if that is a setting issue, but there does not seem to be that much to alter in the service. I'll check later against the thumbnails I can see have been created.

So one issue that I need to fix....
Noticed that a folder was still hanging on to the older name that I was adding at the time the indexing was being done. I've since renamed it but no change. Deleting other files updates on the TV straight away so it is updating, there might be an issue in the DB with this particular folder record, I can open and play the contents with no problem.

Is there a way to recreate the DB file again other than disable the service, delete the file and re-starting?
11.0.0.4 - Sayyadina
2GB DDR2 memory

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 »

RSS wrote:Each time settings have been changed I've gone in and disabled DLNA/UPnP Fuppes, then deleted the database file it had created before re-enabling to be sure the DB was created from fresh.

Read about adding PLEX to the TV, but the fact video plays I'm not sure that is going to help, plus the phots display from the USB.

Any ideas....?
YES , Do not use fuppes use MiniDLNA instead.

fuppes & MiniDLNA ara both DLNA servers, but you only use one a time ( fuppes or MiniDLNA, my choice is to use MiniDLNA).

Fuppes can't delete database from webGUI, Minidlna Does:

see picture = button rescan =
2.jpg

to see the button you have this config in System > General > WebGUI:
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
12.1.0.4 - Ingva (revision 7743) on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 11x3TB disk in 1 vdev = Vpool = 32TB Raw size , so 29TB usable size (I Have other NAS as Backup)

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

RSS
Starter
Starter

Post by RSS »

Thanks you have been a great help.

I don't have that option, I'm on an older NAS4Free system 11.0.0.4 - Sayyadina (revision 3252), it has been working fine for a long time now.
As they say if it works don't fix it.....

But I will look at upgrading to the latest XigmaNAS version once I have this all backed up.
11.0.0.4 - Sayyadina
2GB DDR2 memory

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 »

hello, works my suggest?

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

RSS
Starter
Starter

Post by RSS »

For now I've kept the older version and disabled the service, deleted the DB file and let it rebuild and that seems to have cleared things.

It is not that great with file updates on the TV when I used an Android app to delete some files on the NAS, I will check tonight if it has updated when I power the NAS back on. If they don't update very well then I might look at an upgrade to Xigmanas so as to have a rebuild button to access.
11.0.0.4 - Sayyadina
2GB DDR2 memory

Return to “UPnP/DLNA”