*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Transsmision Permision

Transmission bittorrent server.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
jerryone
Starter
Starter

Transsmision Permision

Post by jerryone » 27 Apr 2019 22:48

Hello,

After i have problems with server, i was think that my LBA had problems, after some time i can see that Transsmision makes me problems and make my server restart and not boot! situation is like this:
- all the watch directory has been made access, incomplete and every thing i have found on this forum. i had also this problem first time i had install Nas4Free 9.xxx but problem has been solved than.
- write now my server is down non-boot and i need to reinstall everything, this will not bee a problem because everything is saved in config.

I need to know what is a command line used for grant root access to transsmision?
Command line can be done from web-gui?
I can save my configuration after server will not boot? Can i tray to make an upgrade such ..... to start. I can't have access to server in the next 48h so i am preparing for future modification!

this has been really annoying because from the last 2 update i had this problems, i am on the 8-10 reinstallation of server.
to my configuration i have done:
- torrent are downloading
- torrent is making seed
- restart no torrents found or in paused mode and to default location not in intial where i have put them
- no problem with any kind of permission what i can know or.....
Dell T610 Xeon x5650 x2 , 192 GB DELL ECC, HBA 9211-8i LSI x2 , 7xHGST-4TB, 2xSamsung 1TB, , 1xKingston 128GB-SSD boot sys
CIFS/SMB, Syncthing, DLNA/UPnP MiniDLNA, BitTorrent, Plex Media Server

jamaroney
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Transsmision Permision

Post by jamaroney » 04 May 2019 11:16

I'm not an expert w/ transmission, but I have some questions for you:

1) Why do you want to have root access to transmission? What do you hope to gain from that?
2) Where is your transmission config file ("settings.json") located? Is this file perhaps being overwritten to its default settings when you reboot?
3) Are you using the XigmaNAS WebGUI for transmission to adjust your settings?
4) Have you made any other settings changes via rc.conf?

jerryone
Starter
Starter

Post by jerryone » 04 May 2019 11:25

Hi jamaroney,

1) i am thinking that all my files tey will be saved after restart 1?

2) mnt/Data/Download/Torrent - is it used for config, resume, torrents extension

3) YES, because i don't know how to access : - console, or other use third party software ... quite new to this OS sistem or Linux UNIX command.

Only Youtube, forums but not all the time with luck. Monkey see , monkey do something like that i am right now.

Thanks!
Dell T610 Xeon x5650 x2 , 192 GB DELL ECC, HBA 9211-8i LSI x2 , 7xHGST-4TB, 2xSamsung 1TB, , 1xKingston 128GB-SSD boot sys

jamaroney
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jamaroney » 04 May 2019 12:58

My first hunch is that "settings.json" is getting changed on reboot. The way to check that is:

1) If/when you're successfully downloading/seeding torrents (and they're being saved to the right folder), download a copy of "settings.json" to your PC - do this via the XNAS WebGUI's "File Manager" under "Tools".

2)Then reboot your server. If Transmission is no longer working properly, download "settings.json" again, and compare the two files.

Also, do you have an embedded install of XNAS or a full install?

If you can supply a screen shot of your "Bittorrent" WebGUI page (under "Services"), that could be helpful as well.

jerryone
Starter
Starter

Post by jerryone » 04 May 2019 21:18

this is my config
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jerryone
Starter
Starter

Post by jerryone » 04 May 2019 21:29

setting.json are remaining the same after ever restart. resume directory is remaining populate also the one with *.torrent files just they don't resume after restart.

i have also be advice this is just after i have reinstall a new xigmanas server new install and upload the old config file with everryting syncro, mount point and hdd drive !!! so this part of install i think i handle it. after every modification server was restart.

!!! but my concern is also that i am usin a HBA card with an AMD procesor and motherbord. this problem is becaome a real one after i have added HBA and 32TB+16GB Ram to my configuration that initial was 3TB + 16GB Ram. realy i don't know. At this point i have found some chmod 777 to all directory to make Transsmision to work, but not is the right connection that i have done 777 root access. !? like have you tell me and you are right!?

So what i am think transsmision is my small problem that i have till i will bay i dedicated server just server.

jamaroney
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jamaroney » 04 May 2019 21:37

I agree with your last sentence.

Return to “BitTorrent”