*New 11.4 series Release:
2020-07-03: XigmaNAS 11.4.0.4.7633 - released!

*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-04-17: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7542 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Bit torrent web interface has stopped working?

Transmission bittorrent server.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
puck25
NewUser
NewUser

Bit torrent web interface has stopped working?

Post by puck25 »

Hi All

OK, newbie here...

Firstly I appreciate that most of you on here will be very familiar with Linux so may well think this is a very simple fix. Unfortunately I am not very clued up with Linux and am from a windows server background. I have been using NAS4Free now for a while and it is great. I haven't needed to be amazing at Linux as the GUI is really good for getting on with most things I need to do.

Recently though I have encountered a few problems and I can't seem to trace my steps back to see what I might have done to cause the problem. If there is anyone that can help me start to diagnose how to find the problems I would be very great full.

Details below..

1. If I navigate to services > bitTorrent and then in the menu try and open the GUI I get a what I suppose is a 500 error. In short from what I can tell the port is not open anymore and that is about as far as I can diagnose. I have got Putty setup and can SSH to the console but I don't know my way around command line enough to know what to look for.
2. File explorer will not let me view the etc directory ( not for this forum I know but was trying to get in it to diag this problem) from reading the documentation is suggests that config files are to be view in there. Hence why I tried to access it.

I would rather not have to wipe the config for the nas box and hope it works.

Any advice would be very welcome!

Thanks

Return to “BitTorrent”