*New 12.1 series Release:
2019-11-08: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7091 - released!

*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

problem when trying to install sql

Webserver service.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: problem when trying to install sql

Post by raulfg3 » 09 Jun 2013 19:58

never is good idea to have OS ( nas4Free) in the same disk as data, because if somethings goes wrong with your boot disk you lose your data.

Before to do anything, try to copy your valuable data to your PC or to external USB ( Do a backup of your valuable data).

once done, you can try to boot from a embeded install on a USB key or from a full install of a old Disk ( use of old IDE Disk is best way to boot Nas4Free if your board have IDE ports), and reserve SATA ports to use to data disk.

Once booted you can use clear config & import disk to try to import disk ( probably do not work), if not work, you need to format and copy data from your backup to your disk one more time.

PD: this is my suggest, but if you want, you can try to resize partitions using some boot CD that permit to resize partitions. (I do not know any).
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

brielem
Starter
Starter

Re: problem when trying to install sql

Post by brielem » 09 Jun 2013 22:22

There is no valuable data on the disk (yet), my build is still in the "test" phase. My current n4f build is on an old laptop, because it was too slow for running XP with a decent speed. As soon as I fully understand what I'm doing, I want to build a decent tower.

I'm pretty sure I can reseize partitions with Ubuntu, I must have a liveCD of that somewhere...

I'll let you know if it works later this week.

Edit: nope, didn't work. Ubuntu did only recognize the OS partition, not the data partition.

Return to “WebServer”