*New 12.1 series Release:
2019-11-08: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7091 - released!

*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[SOLVED] (SORTA) newb with a problem with webserver settings

Webserver service.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
sharpshooter109
NewUser
NewUser

[SOLVED] (SORTA) newb with a problem with webserver settings

Post by sharpshooter109 » 19 Apr 2014 19:21

hello all. sorry if this is question has been answered before but i didnt see it. i am relatively new to nas4free. i got samba and ftp working so far, now i would like to install owncloud. the problem im running into is that i cannot get the webserver to work from the webgui. no matter what settings i choose it gives me an error "error: the changes could not be applied (error code 1)" the problem is i dont know what this error code means. i googled it, which was no help, skimmed through every thread in the webserver section of this website and did not see an answer to my problem. i have tried rebooting. i cannot figure this out.

here are my webserver settings and the error message, as well as the logs.

any help is much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sharpshooter109 on 20 Apr 2014 06:23, edited 1 time in total.

sharpshooter109
NewUser
NewUser

Re: newb with a problem with webserver settings on webGUI

Post by sharpshooter109 » 19 Apr 2014 20:25

one note i've found is that it will save the settings if i set the document root to /mnt/ not sure if this is because i only have one hard drive attached right now. i will mess around with this some more and if i get it working i will put solved in the thread title.

edit: now my samba and ftp do not work even after i have gone back and disabled the webserver service. i can see the files but i cannot change them.

any ideas?

sharpshooter109
NewUser
NewUser

[SOLVED] but now i have more problems

Post by sharpshooter109 » 20 Apr 2014 06:21

ok. so i figured out a lot of the problem is that i was trying to set the document root as my mounted disk when i should have been using a folder in /var. after rebooting the system numerous times i was able to read and write files in the samba share. it is weird because i rebooted, tried it and it didnt work, then without changing any other settings i rebooted again and it started working again.

now the problem i have is that i cannot properly extract the owncloud file and whenever i create a file in the /var directory it gets deleted when i reboot. i think it has to do with the read/write/execute permissions, but i cannot change those through the file manger in the webgui.

also, i cannot connect to anything on the internet from the command line. i am trying to add the necessary packages but it gives me an error message when i try. i found the link to the new package site but i cannot connect to it either. also, i cannot download the owncloud file, even when i get the link directly from their website. not really sure whats going on with all this but i'll mess with it and see if i can figure out whats going on.

also, im running the embedded installation.

any help is much appreciated.

Return to “WebServer”