Latest News:
*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6766 - released!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6766 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[HOWTO] Custom CSS

Only Admin's or Moderators can move thread's to this sub-forum.
Nobody should start a new thread on this sub-forum.
Anybody can reply to a thread on this sub-forum.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
sleyk2010
Starter
Starter

[HOWTO] Custom CSS

Post by sleyk2010 » 18 Jul 2019 16:51

Hello!

I truly thank all the developers of Xigma and all involved in making this software excellent for all to use.

I come with another request. :D

What is popular now is the use of Dark Themes.

Is there any way where Xigma developers can add a Theme Extensions page on Xigma Web Gui to let community use themes for Xigmanas?

I think this would be popular.

Of course, it would be marked with disclaimer to use at own risk, therefore developers don't have to be bogged down with troubleshooting if goes bad.

Developers can give feature, but let users know that using theme is up to you, and if it breaks installation, you must reinstall to fix, or something along those lines.

As for theme, can developers create maybe one Dark Theme to go alongside normal theme for Web Gui? (ex. Background Dark Grey/Charcoal/Black with White Text)

This would be a great alternative to Grey and White background with Black text as it is now.

Maybe this doesn't take too much resources? Perhaps even less than normal theme?

ms49434
Developer
Developer

Re: Feature Request Info

Post by ms49434 » 18 Jul 2019 19:10

sleyk2010 wrote:
18 Jul 2019 16:51
Hello!

I truly thank all the developers of Xigma and all involved in making this software excellent for all to use.

I come with another request. :D

Is there any way where Xigma developers can add a Theme Extensions page on Xigma Web Gui to let community use themes for Xigmanas?

I think this would be popular.

Of course, it would be marked with disclaimer to use at own risk, therefore developers don't have to be bogged down with troubleshooting if goes bad.

Developers can give feature, but let users know that using theme is up to you, and if it breaks installation, you must reinstall to fix, or something along those lines.

As for theme, can developers create maybe one Dark Theme to go alongside normal theme for Web Gui? (ex. Background Dark Grey/Charcoal/Black with White Text)

This would be a great alternative to Grey and White background with Black text as it is now.

Maybe this doesn't take too much resources? Perhaps even less than normal theme?
This feature is already available but hasn't been made public yet.
You must manually edit your config.xml file when you want to replace the below css files with customized versions:

- fc.css
config.xml key:

Code: Select all

<system>
	<webgui>
		<cssfcfile>full path to custom gui css file</cssfcfile>
	</webgui>
</system>
- gui.css
config.xml key:

<system>
	<webgui>
		<cssguifile>full path to custom gui css file</cssguifile>
	</webgui>
</system>
- login.css
config.xml key:

<system>
	<webgui>
		<cssloginfile>full path to custom login css file</cssloginfile>
	</webgui>
</system>
- navbar.css
config.xml key:

<system>
	<webgui>
		<cssnavbarfile>full path to custom navbar css file</cssnavbarfile>
	</webgui>
</system>
- tabs.css
config.xml key:

<system>
	<webgui>
		<csstabsfile>full path to custom tabs css file</csstabsfile>
	</webgui>
</system>
- quixplorer style.css
config.xml key:

<system>
	<webgui>
		<cssstylefile>full path to custom style css file</cssstylefile>
	</webgui>
</system>
Please keep in mind that the css files are cluttered at the moment because of the ongoing code rewrite. There are still some inline styles which must be converted into css styles as well.
1) XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4 amd64-embedded on a Dell T20 running in a VM on ESXi 6.7U2, 22GB out of 32GB ECC RAM, LSI 9300-8i IT mode in passthrough mode. Pool 1: 2x HGST 10TB, mirrored, SLOG: Samsung 850 Pro, L2ARC: Samsung 850 Pro, Pool 2: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB , services: Samba AD, CIFS/SMB, ftp, ctld, rsync, syncthing, zfs snapshots.
2) XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4 amd64-embedded on a Dell T20 running in a VM on ESXi 6.7U2, 8GB out of 32GB ECC RAM, IBM M1215 crossflashed, IT mode, passthrough mode, 2x HGST 10TB , services: rsync.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: [HOWTO] Custom CSS

Post by crest » 20 Jul 2019 10:14

I had a script based project running -> viewtopic.php?f=71&t=7007 but this is outdated since a long time. Due to lack of time a new GUI driven extension I had to postpone but in 2 or 3 weeks maybe I can provide a alpha release for testing.

Regards crest

NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM

UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: [HOWTO] Custom CSS

Post by crest » 07 Aug 2019 10:11

Hello sleyk2010,
sleyk2010 wrote:
18 Jul 2019 16:51

Attached a screenshot of a possible dark theme, working now on the extension so please be patient ... ;)
Dark Theme 'Alert' 1.png

Regards
crest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM

UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone

Return to “[HowTo]”