*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.6928 - released, 11.2 series are soon unsupported!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Redesigning WebGui Need Some Help

Post/Debate your Suggestions & Requests of XigmaNAS here. This ONLY pertains to XigmaNAS.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
dzogas
NewUser
NewUser

Redesigning WebGui Need Some Help

Post by dzogas » 27 Jun 2018 14:50

Hello everybody from Greece!!

I discovered NAS4Free today, already installed it on my testbench and I must say, so for I love it.

I really hope I have created this topic at the right place.

On to my "problem"

I have been "redesigning" the WebGUI by adding a couple of custom CSS files and importing them on the main CSS files.
Everything works perfectly except the "Notes" and "Warnings" that appear in a lot of pages.

The "problem" is that these do not have a class attached to them so I can really "customize" them.

I went in the .php file and found the line but I cannot really do anything because it uses functions that I really do not want to go this deep.

Any help will be appreciated.

Also, if NAS4free is updated, I guess, that these changes will be overwritten.

So, my suggestion/request is if it is possible to intergrate to the system a way to change the webGUI via CSS i.e. by using a gui-custom.css file which is pretty easy to implement.

I am willing to help in anyway I can.
Thank you in advance
Dionysios

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: Redesigning WebGui Need Some Help

Post by JoseMR » 29 Jun 2018 14:00

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I Personally appreciated such generosity and willingness on NAS4Free WebGUI improvements, for now, the easiest themes to develop would be probably simple color themes(CSS) such as Dark, High Contrast, Light Color, etc. with same GUI layout, though side menu navigation layout would be fantastic, for example OpenMediaVault navigation menu, but there is a major problem, keep reading.

As for a Themes switcher such as those commonly found in appliances like pfSense, OPNsense, FreeNAS is easy to perform under the General settings page, but I'm afraid this will not be an option at least not for now regarding main developers TODO list and interests, so the best option would be as an Extension, such as OBI, Plex etc, with some caveats.

On the other hand, you will have a HARD time getting this PHP Theme Extension Switcher/Work to stay up to date as NAS4Free have never been steady in the PHP counterparts, and the constant Extension code breakage is a major issue here regarding Extensions(search forums), hence shell scripting is my preferred way to do things and minimal to none PHP if I can for cross portability, but ppl this days don't even bother with SSH.

Last but not least, I've used to build a cdialog TUI menu driven Theme Switcher(Experimental, Deprecated) for my self time ago to make the GUI Dark Themed, changed icons to bold flat ones etc, and worked quite well, it backup to a directory current defaults for a later theme restore requests, you can get the package HERE for your reference, surprisingly it still works apparently.

Regards
Last edited by JoseMR on 01 Jul 2018 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: Redesigning WebGui Need Some Help

Post by JoseMR » 01 Jul 2018 00:08

Hi dzogas, I'm sorry for the overwhelming post on my part, it seems that NAS4Free developers now put this "Theme" feature request on TODO list for further releases, but please do not take my words. ;)

Is on TODO already by main developers. ;)

Regards
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

Return to “Suggestions & Requests”