*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

The location of the DNS configuration is not reasonable

Post/Debate your Suggestions & Requests of XigmaNAS here. This ONLY pertains to XigmaNAS.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
experienced User
experienced User

The location of the DNS configuration is not reasonable

Post by 744700595 » 30 Jul 2018 09:22

Hello everyone. I want to respond to an opinion. Previously I used DHCP to assign IP, regardless of the network settings. I recently installed a custom hardware NAS. This motherboard does not have a graphics card, I can only use the default IP into the WEBGUI to set the required IP address.
I set up the IP from the network-LAN management, but I can't find the location of the DNS configuration. I have to manually modify /var/etc/resolv.conf for now.

Finally, I found it for a long time before I found the DNS configuration from the bottom of the regular. I don't know what the development team is thinking about. But I think it is unreasonable for DNS to be put in the routine. Since DNS is part of the network configuration, why should it be separated? WINDOWS are all placed in the same dialog.

The above is my confusion
Favorite to kill the red devil
FreeBSD users from China. English is limited and posted using Google Translate. If the expression is not clear, please forgive me!

Return to “Suggestions & Requests”