Page 1 of 1

Disk temperature monitoring

Posted: 04 Sep 2018 07:53
by Cramin
Hi. Is there a chance to add disk's temerature graphs to Monitoring?
At the moment I use https://github.com/seren/freenas-temperature-graphing, but it will be nice to have this in stock install.
temps-1min-cpus.png
temps-1min-drives.png
temps-5min-cpus.png
temps-5min-drives.png

Re: Disk temperature monitoring

Posted: 04 Sep 2018 08:48
by raulfg3
+1 , very interesting add-on.

Re: Disk temperature monitoring

Posted: 04 Sep 2018 10:51
by ernie
+1 for this

Re: Disk temperature monitoring

Posted: 19 Sep 2018 03:44
by 744700595
I mentioned this functional requirement before.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13846&p=85768&hilit ... ure#p85768

Re: Disk temperature monitoring

Posted: 19 Sep 2018 08:36
by crest
744700595 wrote:
19 Sep 2018 03:44
I mentioned this functional requirement before.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13846&p=85768&hilit ... ure#p85768
After finishing a currently running project I will try to implement this for stock XNAS ...

Regards
crest

Re: Disk temperature monitoring

Posted: 19 Sep 2018 12:53
by 744700595
crest wrote:
19 Sep 2018 08:36
744700595 wrote:
19 Sep 2018 03:44
I mentioned this functional requirement before.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13846&p=85768&hilit ... ure#p85768
After finishing a currently running project I will try to implement this for stock XNAS ...

Regards
crest
Only temperature monitoring, or?

Re: Disk temperature monitoring

Posted: 19 Sep 2018 15:56
by crest
744700595 wrote:
19 Sep 2018 12:53
crest wrote:
19 Sep 2018 08:36
744700595 wrote:
19 Sep 2018 03:44
I mentioned this functional requirement before.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13846&p=85768&hilit ... ure#p85768
After finishing a currently running project I will try to implement this for stock XNAS ...

Regards
crest
Only temperature monitoring, or?
Maybe also statistics for ZFS cache hit ratio etc, there where some requests on this. If you have some others in your mind, tell me, if I'm working in this regard it would make sense to implement some more ...

Re: Disk temperature monitoring

Posted: 20 Sep 2018 02:20
by 744700595
crest wrote:
19 Sep 2018 15:56
744700595 wrote:
19 Sep 2018 12:53
crest wrote:
19 Sep 2018 08:36
744700595 wrote:
19 Sep 2018 03:44
I mentioned this functional requirement before.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13846&p=85768&hilit ... ure#p85768
After finishing a currently running project I will try to implement this for stock XNAS ...

Regards
crest
Only temperature monitoring, or?
Maybe also statistics for ZFS cache hit ratio etc, there where some requests on this. If you have some others in your mind, tell me, if I'm working in this regard it would make sense to implement some more ...

I have made some suggestions. You can take a look at my post. Thank you

Re: Disk temperature monitoring

Posted: 20 Sep 2018 08:52
by 744700595
crest wrote:
19 Sep 2018 15:56
744700595 wrote:
19 Sep 2018 12:53
crest wrote:
19 Sep 2018 08:36
744700595 wrote:
19 Sep 2018 03:44
I mentioned this functional requirement before.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13846&p=85768&hilit ... ure#p85768
After finishing a currently running project I will try to implement this for stock XNAS ...

Regards
crest
Only temperature monitoring, or?
Maybe also statistics for ZFS cache hit ratio etc, there where some requests on this. If you have some others in your mind, tell me, if I'm working in this regard it would make sense to implement some more ...
We hope to integrate the transmission-cli suite into this system. This allows you to do BT seeds directly on NAS.

Re: Disk temperature monitoring

Posted: 24 Sep 2018 09:55
by crest
744700595 wrote:
20 Sep 2018 08:52
...
We hope to integrate the transmission-cli suite into this system. This allows you to do BT seeds directly on NAS.
Sorry, maybe I didn't get it right, what do you want to achive in regard of the monitoring / statistics ... :?: