*New 12.1 series Release:
2019-11-08: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7091 - released!

*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Detailed Log Files Download or in WebView show

Post/Debate your Suggestions & Requests of XigmaNAS here. This ONLY pertains to XigmaNAS.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
jerryone
Starter
Starter

Detailed Log Files Download or in WebView show

Post by jerryone » 16 Jan 2019 22:43

Hi, there is a way to find or to download a detailed log files? i need this because when i have activated the second PART B LSI AVAGO controller with another 4 HDD my XigmaNas Server freeze after almost 20-24h and i need to reset! and i need to know exactly if the problem is my controller or not. If there is such tool i will close this thread and i didn't find it o the web interface ! Many thanks for your help, keep up the good work.
Dell T610 Xeon x5650 x2 , 192 GB DELL ECC, HBA 9211-8i LSI x2 , 7xHGST-4TB, 2xSamsung 1TB, , 1xKingston 128GB-SSD boot sys
CIFS/SMB, Syncthing, DLNA/UPnP MiniDLNA, BitTorrent, Plex Media Server

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: Detailed Log Files Download or in WebView show

Post by JoseMR » 29 Jan 2019 22:23

jerryone wrote:
16 Jan 2019 22:43
Hi, there is a way to find or to download a detailed log files? i need this because when i have activated the second PART B LSI AVAGO controller with another 4 HDD my XigmaNas Server freeze after almost 20-24h and i need to reset! and i need to know exactly if the problem is my controller or not. If there is such tool i will close this thread and i didn't find it o the web interface ! Many thanks for your help, keep up the good work.

Hi sorry late, but Embedded platforms don't retrieve system logs, etc. by design, however you can set an alternate logs location by going to "System > Advanced > rc.conf" and add the below sample settings, then save and reboot the server:

Code: Select all

Variable: clog_logdir
Value: /mnt/path/to/logs
Description: Log files location
Were "/mnt/path/to/logs" is the defined directory you want to store the logs, note that for a default Embedded install, the UFS data partition may be used for this purpose.

Regards
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
Addons at GitHub
[urln=http://]JoseMRPubServ[/urln]
Boot Environments Intro

Return to “Suggestions & Requests”