Latest News:
*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6766 - released!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6766 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

XigmaNAS as a file server for Active Directory

If you are new on this forum and you don't know where to post please use this sub-forum. Somebody will answer your question and/or will move your topic into the right sub-forum.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
TheDude69
NewUser
NewUser

XigmaNAS as a file server for Active Directory

Post by TheDude69 » 13 Aug 2019 13:55

Hello World,

I have successfully installed the latest version of XigmaNAS on a test system. Now I want to setup a file server service. Therefore I have activated AD and SMB/CIFS and configured it with the necessary options using a manual found with Google:

https://www.rmtechteam.com/blog/xigmana ... ded-setup/

But I am still not able to browse the NAS. I have tried \\<IP-Address> and also \\xigmanas but my Windows client is not able to find the server. But I am able to ping the IP address and also the name.

Under Diagnostics->Information-> MS Active Directory I see the following:
Result of testjoin: Environment LOGNAME is not defined. Trying anonymous access. Join to domain 'XYZ' is not valid: NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO

Winbindd Availability: Could not ping winbindd! Ping to winbindd failed!

Trust Account Status: could not obtain winbind interface details: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE. Could not obtain winbind domain name! Failed to call wbcCheckTrustCredentials: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE. Could not check secret checking the trust secret for domain (null) via RPC calls failed.
But I can see all users from domain imported correctly.

Has anyone an idea what's going wrong here? Or has anyone a walkthrough for me, please? I have also walked through the manual pages but with the same result.

Many thanks in advance,
best regards

TheDude

TheDude69
NewUser
NewUser

Re: XigmaNAS as a file server for Active Directory

Post by TheDude69 » 13 Aug 2019 14:27

Update:

Found one issue: The AD object name of the NAS must exist in AD first before doing the AD config in XigmaNAS. Now I can access the share but XigmaNAS is asking me for credentials. :shock: No idea, what to type in here.

TheDude69
NewUser
NewUser

Re: XigmaNAS as a file server for Active Directory

Post by TheDude69 » 14 Aug 2019 08:21

Update:

I can access the XigmaNAS Server by typing \\<ServerName> into the explorer of my Windows 10 and using credentials for the admin user of the XigmaNAS server (admin). After that I can see my test share.

But when trying to change permissions to the share like taking ownership to my AD user access ist still denied. Has anyone an idea where I have made a mistake in my configuration?

Return to “Newbie Questions”