*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

copy on Desktop from NAS not possible

If you are new on this forum and you don't know where to post please use this sub-forum. Somebody will answer your question and/or will move your topic into the right sub-forum.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
maject
NewUser
NewUser

copy on Desktop from NAS not possible

Post by maject » 05 Jul 2019 13:57

Hi there,
i installed Xubuntu 18.04.1 a connected two NAS, not via fstab but via file manager thunar and alternatively via caja. Read/Write acess on the nas (FritzBoxNAS and XigmaNAS) functions properly. But i cannot copy files from/to nas e.g. to/from desktop or other directories. It´s possible to copy single files, but not whole folders. The process stops always after one file (see attached screenshot). Copying via gnome-commander (not in su mode) is no problem. And the same process functions also correctly e.g. in ubuntu mate, but not in xubuntu. I reinstalled and tried several times. Because i am a newbie in this issue i have no idea what i made wrong or what i should to.
It would be very great if someone could help me -thanks very, very much.

Lee Sharp
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: copy on Desktop from NAS not possible

Post by Lee Sharp » 27 Jul 2019 07:55

What is the error you are getting? How are you mounting the nas? (ssh, cifs, nfs?)

Return to “Newbie Questions”