*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

MISSING (/dev/ada1) On UFS Drive

Hard disks, HDD, RAID Hardware, disk controllers, SATA, PATA, SCSI, IDE, On Board, USB, Firewire, CF (Compact Flash)
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
milenkod
NewUser
NewUser

MISSING (/dev/ada1) On UFS Drive

Post by milenkod » 22 Nov 2018 17:56

I got the "MISSING (/dev/ada1)" error in the drive config table on my single UFS drive. This happened over the Summer and I left the drive alone until I had some time to research options. Since then, my N4F box has died so all I have is the drive and an external USB enclosure to attempt to read it.

The few things I did try was to see if the BIOS recognized the drive after the "MISSING (/dev/ada1)" while my box was still running...it was recognized. Same when I attach it to an external enclosure....Windows recognized it and so does MacOS...but both see it as an unformatted drive (sine it's UFS I suppose).

Oddly enough, I have an old copy of SpinRite...it did not see the external USB drive :?

Any thoughts how to retrieve any data off this drive?

Return to “Hard disk & controller”