*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.6928 - released, 11.2 series are soon unsupported!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Annoying SMART notification on every reboot

Hard disks, HDD, RAID Hardware, disk controllers, SATA, PATA, SCSI, IDE, On Board, USB, Firewire, CF (Compact Flash)
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
arinci
Starter
Starter

Annoying SMART notification on every reboot

Post by arinci » 23 Jun 2019 16:25

Recently I had 2 offline uncorrectable errors on a Seagate HDD. This for my is not a big problem as no critical data is saved on that disk.
When this problem occured, Xigmanas notified the issue with an email. This is a situation I experienced a couple of time with another dying disk (a 3 TB made by Toshiba). But the problem is that now on every boot of my NAS (i.e. after a firmware upgrade) I receive a SMART notification just for the Seagate HDD! And please note that damaged sector are still the 2 of the original notification.
Why is this happening just for the Seagate disk and not for the Toshiba? Seems to me a little bug introduced with latest releases.

I’m actually using latest v12...maybe this bug is born after the upgrade from v11 to v12?

Return to “Hard disk & controller”