*New 11.4 series Release:
2020-07-03: XigmaNAS 11.4.0.4.7633 - released!

*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-04-17: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7542 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Raid5: Device still open?

Software RAID information and help
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
fauzigarib
NewUser
NewUser

Raid5: Device still open?

Post by fauzigarib »

Hi there,

To make a long story short, I was in the middle of a rebuilding of my RAID and I decided to upgrade to n4f from fn7. Seemed to be going just fine.. Raid array seemed to get created after adding the disks... config file was hacked and uploaded... All seemed well, until I decided to mount the filesystem while still rebuilding.

The computer rebooted and now will not start up at all. The error that I keep getting on the console is: "Geom5: RAID5/HomeMedia device still open. Will be removed at next close." And then just reboots.

I would give you more details on the specs of the install, but I just can't access anything.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Fauzi Garib

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Raid5: Device still open?

Post by raulfg3 »

boot from CD and go to shell.
from shell do a fsck to your partitions.

Search wiki for detailed instrucctions.
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

Mouss
NewUser
NewUser

Re: Raid5: Device still open?

Post by Mouss »

hello,

I have the same issue with my NAS and i followed your proposal but i faced another issue when i'm trying to load nas4free livecd 9.1.0.1 :

- hdac_get_capabilities : invalid corb size (3)

So i'm a little bit lost i have no possibility to do a fsck on my raid 5 partition...

in parallel :
if i remenber when i built my NAS, it was impossible to install the 9.1.0.1 revision = only 9.0.0.1 revision. Now is it impossible to get the previous revision of nas4free ?

My board : X7SPA-HF-D525

Thanks in advance for your help
Best regards

Return to “Software RAID”