Latest News:
*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6766 - released!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6766 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Recovery from Raid1 drives

Problems, solutions, software
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
axelsig404
NewUser
NewUser

Recovery from Raid1 drives

Post by axelsig404 » 01 Dec 2018 23:04

Hi, so I had allready posted this problem in the software raid section but I guess it belongs better in here. I had to rebuild my nas server because of hardware failure and after doing so I can not mount my two raid1 drives. They show up in disk management but with an unknown or unformatted file system so I can´t do anything more with them. I´ve gone in via ssh and tried to mount them but I´m not really sure on that part since I´ve been trying to mount ada0 and ada2, their device names but that might not be the right thing to do, I´m just not sure. The data on the drives are what I´m interested in so I need to be able to mount either one of them, get the data and then I´m all for reformatting them and setting up a zfs pool or something.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on mounting the drives, either one or both, I don´t care, I just want the data. I´m 100% sure the drives are in fine working condition.

I´m willing to donate some $$ for solving this problem if it helps.

I´m running NAS4FREE 9.3.0.2 for now since I´m set up on an old 32bit dell machine to get the data.

Thank you all.

AS

Return to “Data recovery and backups”