*New 11.4 series Release:
2020-07-03: XigmaNAS 11.4.0.4.7633 - released!

*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-04-17: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7542 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Perl script don't start as a cron job

XigmaNAS Scripts and shell tips
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
oskaten
NewUser
NewUser

Perl script don't start as a cron job

Post by oskaten »

I have tried to set up a cron job to run a perl script every 5 minutes or so, but it won\t start automatically. The script start if I press the "Run now" button, and if I login to the server through SSH. The command I am trying to execute is [perl /mnt/Lagring/flac2mp3/flac2mp3.pl /mnt/Lagring/Musikk/Flac "/mnt/Lagring/Musikk/Mp3-konvertert flac" ]. I have selected 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 in the minutes section, the others is marked with "All".

Do someone have some tips? :)

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Perl script don't start as a cron job

Post by raulfg3 »

perhaps you find the answer in the Wiki : http://wiki.nas4free.org/doku.php?id=faq:0043
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

oskaten
NewUser
NewUser

Post by oskaten »

I have read it already, and it didn't really help me out. I have tried to search on google after an answer too, but couldn't find anything that helped me.
I'am used to Windows and is a beginner on Nas4free and FreeBSD, so it's a lot to learn.

fsbruva
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by fsbruva »

Are you attempting to run the task as root? What user are you logged in as when you run it? Do you see any log messages that might be of use?

oskaten
NewUser
NewUser

Post by oskaten »

I have tried both root and a user that I created with rwx permissions for the folder. The only thing I see in the system log is "job completed successfully" and "Cron service restarted" when I run the job manually or try to change anything.

RedAntz
experienced User
experienced User

Post by RedAntz »

oskaten wrote:I have tried both root and a user that I created with rwx permissions for the folder. The only thing I see in the system log is "job completed successfully" and "Cron service restarted" when I run the job manually or try to change anything.
There was a bug in cron job that is fixed in the latest build. Please upgrade to revision 636 and try again.

Return to “Scripts and shell tips”