*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.6928 - released, 11.2 series are soon unsupported!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[EXTENSION] Plex Media Server

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

[EXTENSION] Plex Media Server

Post by JoseMR » 01 Aug 2016 11:16

Hello, I'm very pleased to announce the new Plex Media Server Extension for NAS4Free 10.3 and later versions, unlike my previous versions, this version will perform a seamless standard Plex installation on the dedicated persistent data location, also the user can check and upgrade the Extension and Plex packages from the XigmaNAS WebGUI at anytime since the Extension now incorporates a dedicated GUI manager under the "Extensions" menu tab.

News: Plex Extension support for XigmaNAS is added as for version 4.2.080 and later.
Use below commands to update from CLI in order for the menus to be avail on XigmaNAS:

Code: Select all

# plexinit -u
# plexinit -x
# plexinit
Upgrading Plex Extension to 4.2.078 and later version before switching to XigmaNAS 11.x releases is strongly advised, otherwise "plexinit" script need to be manually applied from GitHub, "save link as" to desktop and overwrite file, more info HERE.

Need help with Plex Extension Translations

This extension can be easily installed with the OneButtonInstaller

Latest version
Changelog

NEW: Optional Plex-Pass support has been added to Plex Extension, and this can be easily found in OneButtonInstaller(OBI) through the "Beta releases" option.

Notice: Plex Extension postInit command creation is now fixed in version 4.2.063.

Installation procedure (outdated):
Please backup the XigmaNAS configuration via System|Backup/Restore then download the configuration to a safe place.
Open the XigmaNAS WebGUI menu entry Advanced|Execute command, copy the below line and paste it to the Command field and push "Execute", this will copy the installer to your system:

fetch https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JRGTH/nas4free-plex-extension/master/plex-install.php && mkdir -p ext/plex-install && echo '<a href="plex-install.php">Plex Extension Installer</a>' > ext/plex-install/menu.inc && echo -e "\n=> Done!"
After command finished successfully with '=>Done!' refresh the XigmaNAS WebGUI and open the menu entry Extensions|Plex Media Server Installer, choose a permanent data directory to install the extension to and hit 'Save & Install' to finish the installation or hit 'Cancel' to abort and remove the installer from the system, After successful completion you can access the extension from the WebGUI menu entry Extensions|Plex Media Server.

Install/Reinstall notes (updated): The installer can be used as a reinstall tool as well if needed, also existing users need to click on the extension "Uninstall" button but please DO NOT select checkbox for "Activate to delete user data" to preserver your current Plex configuration, then wen searching for the extension path, DO NOT select the existing "plex" folder as the installer will look for this folder and if you select it then a sub folder will be re-created, another simple method for upgrade an existing installation is to manually download the latest plexinit from the master branch on GIT and paste over the older one.

Further upgrades can be as simple as clicking Upgrade button whiting the extension gui for an automated online upgrade, or by manually downloading the latest release package and dropping the archive.zip inside the install directory and executing "plexinit -u" or simply clicking Upgrade button whiting the extension gui, the script will detect the archive and perform the offline upgrade instead.

Method used on Embedded: The Plexinit script will create/symlink the exact environment required by the package manager, Plex and compat9x on the specified persistent data location, will issue the initial latest package download from the official FreeBSD repo, and will use the current script install location for the symlink targets, Plexdata and the extension complements, also the script will create a PostInit command to initialize the environment and start Plex on reboots automatically.

Method used on Full: The Plexinit script will install Plex and compat9x in a standard way, will issue the initial latest package download from the official FreeBSD repo, and will use the current script install location to store the Plexdata and the extension complements, also the script will create a PostInit command to initialize and start Plex on reboots automatically.

Additionally if for some reason the user move or rename folder on the install location, just execute plexinit script from the new location end the script will auto re-link the environment and update the PostInit command with the new path regarding the version installed, and start Plex transparently, also the base script will stay aware of the extension complements.

Features for Plex Media Server Extension:
  • 1: Works on XigmaNAS 11.x and later versions, Embedded and Full platforms.
    2: Don't need VM jail or Unionfs configs.
    3: User upgradeable packages with default package tools from WebGUI/shell.
    4: Single script for management and startup.
    5: Dedicated Extension GUI tab for common task management.
    6: Fetch and install official Plex packages from FreeBSD.
    7: Fetch and install Extension packages from GitHub.
    8: Plex IP address will be locally visible by any devices on the network.
Simplified shell common switches:

xigmanas: ~# plexinit -h
Usage: plexinit -[option]
Options:
        -s  Start Plex Media Server.
        -p  Stop Plex Media Server.
        -r  Restart Plex Media Server.
        -v  Display product version.
        -u  Upgrade Plex/Extension packages.
        -g  Enables the addon GUI.
        -t  Disable the addon GUI.
        -h  Display this help message.
nas4free: ~#
These additional switches are provided by the plexinit script only for ease, and does not interfere with the standard shell commands.[/s]

Screenshots:

Notes:
Like always, backup the current server configuration before anything else.
There will be a small delay until the latest precompiled Plex package to be available for download, push "Upgrade" button regularly under "Extensions|Plex Media Server" or with "plexinit -u" from the shell, the package and version info will be updated when available.
2017.12.10 by Raulfg: HOW to UPDATE PLEX: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=11184&p=82185#p82185

How to migrate to the new Plex Extension from old v4.0.x denoted above.

Since the Plex installation method provided by this extension is standard, the only updates I have to provide will be extension improvements and/or features and fixes, the user should check for package upgrades on regular basis.

TODO list:
-Current translations completion and additions.
-Restore plexdata from backup archive.

Disclaimer: This Extension is provided AS-IS, and I'm NOT responsible for any data loss or damage caused by the use of it, use solely at your own risk.
Last edited by JoseMR on 15 Jun 2018 02:07, edited 31 times in total.
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

bgold
Starter
Starter

Re: [EXTENSION] Plex Media Server **NEW**

Post by bgold » 05 Aug 2016 06:17

I just installed your extension and the webgui url showed http//192.168.250.1:32400/web and the ip of my system is 10.20.30.10. I rebooted and now it is showing http://:32400/web. Running 10.3.0.3.2898 and extension version 4.1.029.

Thanks
XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6625
HP ML150 Gen9, Dual 2.4ghz, 256gb, 25TB Storage, 3-ZFS pools w/SSD cache&logs, SSD boot/data, SFP+

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 05 Aug 2016 09:51

Hello bgold,
bgold wrote:I just installed your extension and the webgui url showed http//192.168.250.1:32400/web and the ip of my system is 10.20.30.10. I rebooted and now it is showing http://:32400/web. Running 10.3.0.3.2898 and extension version 4.1.029.
Please try this:
open Network|Interface Management in the WebGUI and hit Save and reboot - I suppose an old problem stood up ... ;)

If it's still not working please send us the interfaces section of config.xml (everything which is between <interfaces> ... </interfaces>).

Regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

bgold
Starter
Starter

Post by bgold » 05 Aug 2016 18:25

crest wrote:Hello bgold,
bgold wrote:I just installed your extension and the webgui url showed http//192.168.250.1:32400/web and the ip of my system is 10.20.30.10. I rebooted and now it is showing http://:32400/web. Running 10.3.0.3.2898 and extension version 4.1.029.
Please try this:
open Network|Interface Management in the WebGUI and hit Save and reboot - I suppose an old problem stood up ... ;)

If it's still not working please send us the interfaces section of config.xml (everything which is between <interfaces> ... </interfaces>).

Regards
crest
Same thing after the save and reboot. http://:32400/web

<interfaces>
		<lan>
			<enable/>
			<if>oce0</if>
			<ipaddr>10.20.30.10</ipaddr>
			<subnet>24</subnet>
			<ipv6addr>auto</ipv6addr>
			<ipv6subnet>64</ipv6subnet>
			<media>autoselect</media>
			<mediaopt>full-duplex</mediaopt>
			<gateway>10.20.30.1</gateway>
			<mtu>9000</mtu>
			<extraoptions/>
			<wakeon>off</wakeon>
		</lan>
	</interfaces>
Thanks
XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6625
HP ML150 Gen9, Dual 2.4ghz, 256gb, 25TB Storage, 3-ZFS pools w/SSD cache&logs, SSD boot/data, SFP+

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 06 Aug 2016 01:07

Hello bgold, I'm not able to reproduce this on various VM's with different IP setups, nor in my hardware(Intel NIC's), if you are running Embedded version on separate boot media as it should, first thing to do is to save current config and reinstall N4F embedded, this way you can avoid time consuming troubleshoots and discard any possible corruption left overs from previous upgrades, but I understand, not always a reinstall seems best solution for everyone.

Regards
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

bgold
Starter
Starter

Post by bgold » 06 Aug 2016 04:50

JoseMR wrote:Hello bgold, I'm not able to reproduce this on various VM's with different IP setups, nor in my hardware(Intel NIC's), if you are running Embedded version on separate boot media as it should, first thing to do is to save current config and reinstall N4F embedded, this way you can avoid time consuming troubleshoots and discard any possible corruption left overs from previous upgrades, but I understand, not always a reinstall seems best solution for everyone.

Regards
I am running full. Reinstall is really not an option. This does not really bother me, just wanted to report it.

Thanks
XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6625

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 06 Aug 2016 04:55

I will make some test in Full as well since I prioritized test on embedded, but yeah for some reasons the page is not picking up the IP address for some odd reasons.
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 06 Aug 2016 06:41

@JoseMR: it was a great pleasure for me to collaborate with you in this great extension! :D
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

mjw
Starter
Starter

Post by mjw » 07 Aug 2016 16:31

there have been issue reported with media server 1.x with samsung smart tv player apps. any idea how i can find an older version like 0.9.16.6?

Would i just copy it to
${PLEXPATH}/Plex_Media_Server

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 07 Aug 2016 18:11

Hello, I'm no longer able to find the old Plex download links, seems Plex removed them, though you can check at the Plex forums for more information, however if you are able to find a Plex 0.9.16 precompiled FreeBSD package all you need is to remove current binaries, then extract package and place the binaries in the "plexmediaserver" directory located under the addon location/system folder if Embedded, and no need to edit the script, hopefully Plex will fix this issue promptly.

Regards
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

mjw
Starter
Starter

Post by mjw » 08 Aug 2016 01:43

Thanks JoseMR! If anyone has the links or is kind enough to post the binaries of 0.9.16.6 or something similar, i would be eternally grateful!

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 08 Aug 2016 03:38

mjw wrote:Thanks JoseMR! If anyone has the links or is kind enough to post the binaries of 0.9.16.6 or something similar, i would be eternally grateful!
Hello, Please read more HERE: "Anyone know where The downloads archive has moved to?", Plex just stopped supporting releases below 1.0 now, so you can get last "PlexMediaServer-0.9.16 or 0.9.17" FreeBSD tarballs(.tar.bz2) from his link, I downloaded the 0.9.16 and worked just fine, just remove old binaries and copy over the 0.9.x ones and reboot/start service, but remember to preserve the "libpython2.7.so" and "Plex_Media_Server" symlinks, if you accidentally remove the symlinks, then create the previously mentioned libpython to point to "/usr/local/share/plexmediaserver/libpython2.7.so.1", the other one is just the Plex Media Server binary, you could either create symlink again or just rename it as Plex_Media_Server, then don't upgrade till your specific issues with Samsung devices is fixed by Plex.

Regards
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 08 Aug 2016 08:38

bgold wrote:
Please try this:

Regards
crest

<interfaces>
		<lan>
			<enable/>
			<if>oce0</if>
			<subnet>24</subnet>
			<mtu>9000</mtu>
			<extraoptions/>
			<wakeon>off</wakeon>
		</lan>
	</interfaces>
Thanks
Please perform this command in the shell or via Advanced|Execute command

/sbin/ifconfig
and:

/usr/bin/netstat -inW -f inet
and show me the output ...

and just to be sure go to Services|Syncthing and/or Services|BitTorrent and check if you see there under Administrative WebGUI the right URL with your LAN IP@ - IMHO no because I suspect a bug in a N4F firmware system function ...

Thanks in advance
crest

bgold
Starter
Starter

Post by bgold » 08 Aug 2016 17:03

crest wrote:
bgold wrote:
Please try this:

Regards
crest

<interfaces>
		<lan>
			<enable/>
			<if>oce0</if>
			<subnet>24</subnet>
			<mtu>9000</mtu>
			<extraoptions/>
			<wakeon>off</wakeon>
		</lan>
	</interfaces>
Thanks
Please perform this command in the shell or via Advanced|Execute command

/sbin/ifconfig
and:

/usr/bin/netstat -inW -f inet
and show me the output ...

and just to be sure go to Services|Syncthing and/or Services|BitTorrent and check if you see there under Administrative WebGUI the right URL with your LAN IP@ - IMHO no because I suspect a bug in a N4F firmware system function ...

Thanks in advance
crest

$ /sbin/ifconfig
bge0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
	options=c219b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,WOL_MAGIC,VLAN_HWTSO,LINKSTATE>
	ether 28:80:23:1b:12:d4
	nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
	media: Ethernet autoselect
bge1: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
	options=c219b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,WOL_MAGIC,VLAN_HWTSO,LINKSTATE>
	ether 28:80:23:1b:12:d5
oce0: flags=8043<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 9000
	options=507bb<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,JUMBO_MTU,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,TSO6,LRO,VLAN_HWFILTER,VLAN_HWTSO>
	ether d8:9d:67:10:c1:98
	inet 10.20.30.10 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.20.30.255 
	media: Ethernet autoselect (10Gbase-SR <full-duplex>)
oce1: flags=8002<BROADCAST,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
	options=507bb<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,JUMBO_MTU,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,TSO6,LRO,VLAN_HWFILTER,VLAN_HWTSO>
	ether d8:9d:67:10:c1:9c
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
	options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>
	inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 
	inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5 
	inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000 
	nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>

$ /usr/bin/netstat -inW -f inet
Name    Mtu Network       Address              Ipkts Ierrs Idrop    Opkts Oerrs  Coll
oce0      - 10.20.30.0/24 10.20.30.10       26786531     -     - 35932974     -     -
lo0       - 127.0.0.0/8   127.0.0.1            47082     -     -   187525     -     -
It shows correct for both Syncthing & BitTorrent

Thanks
XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6625

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 09 Aug 2016 09:18

bgold wrote: ...
So one more try, please copy the file below
plex-gui.php
to

/usr/local/www

replace the existing file and open the WebGUI page Extensions|Plex Media Server, should show Extensions|Plex Media Server - IP@ patch - and now the right IP@ ... hopefully
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bgold
Starter
Starter

Post by bgold » 09 Aug 2016 19:31

crest wrote:
bgold wrote: ...
So one more try, please copy the file below plex-gui.php to

/usr/local/www

replace the existing file and open the WebGUI page Extensions|Plex Media Server, should show Extensions|Plex Media Server - IP@ patch - and now the right IP@ ... hopefully
That works. Thanks
XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6625

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 09 Aug 2016 23:45

bgold wrote:That works. Thanks
Hi bgold, thanks for confirm that the crest patch regarding the IP worked, I will commit to revision "034" today, so everyone can also upgrade.

Regards
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

Jack Foobar
experienced User
experienced User

Post by Jack Foobar » 12 Aug 2016 01:08

This is an upgrade for a(your) existing standalone installation. When you say existing addon users.. does that mean the addon we've been using, or this addon in particular with the web interface for NAS4Free? I assuming it was existing- maybe that's where it went sideways. So, here's what I'm seeing.

cd /mnt/storage/plex/
fetch https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JRGTH ... x/plexinit && chmod +x plexinit && ./plexinit
plexinit 100% of 13 kB 69 MBps 00m00s
fetch: https://github.com/JRGTH/nas4free-plex- ... master.zip: size of remote file is not known
/mnt/storage/plex/update/master.zip 25 kB 1626 kBps 00m00s

./plexinit -u
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
Fetching meta.txz: 100% 944 B 0.9kB/s 00:01
Fetching packagesite.txz: 100% 6 MiB 5.8MB/s 00:01
Processing entries: 100%
FreeBSD repository update completed. 25560 packages processed.
pkg: compat9x-amd64 is not installed, therefore upgrade is impossible
pkg: plexmediaserver is not installed, therefore upgrade is impossible
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.
/mnt/storage/plex/update/version 100% of 8 B 95 kBps 00m00s

pkg update
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.

pkg install compat9x-amd64
The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
compat9x-amd64: 9.3.903000.20160608

Number of packages to be installed: 1

The process will require 10 MiB more space.
3 MiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: Y
Fetching compat9x-amd64-9.3.903000.20160608.txz: 100% 3 MiB 2.9MB/s 00:01
[1/1] Installing compat9x-amd64-9.3.903000.20160608...
[1/1] Extracting compat9x-amd64-9.3.903000.20160608: 100%

./plexinit -u
pkg: plexmediaserver is not installed, therefore upgrade is impossible
Your packages are up to date.
/mnt/storage/plex/update/version 100% of 8 B 111 kBps 00m00s

./plexinit -r
plexmediaserver does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d)
./plexinit: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver: not found

vi /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf

# $FreeBSD: releng/10.3/etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf 296373 2016-03-04 01:27:38Z marius
$
#
# To disable this repository, instead of modifying or removing this file,
# create a /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf file:
#
# mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos
# echo "FreeBSD: { enabled: no }" > /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
#

FreeBSD: {
url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest",
mirror_type: "srv",
signature_type: "fingerprints",
fingerprints: "/usr/share/keys/pkg",
enabled: yes
}
~
~
~
~
~
~
:q

./plexinit -v
Plex Extension 4.1.034
pkg: No package(s) matching plexmediaserver

plex# ls -al
total 3864708
drwxr-xr-x 7 plex plex 512 Aug 11 18:49 .
drwxrwxrwx 10 root guest 512 Aug 11 18:49 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root plex 616 Aug 11 18:31 README
drwxr-xr-x 2 root plex 512 Aug 11 18:49 backup
drwxr-xr-x 3 root plex 512 Aug 11 18:31 gui
drwxr-xr-x 10 root plex 512 Aug 11 18:31 locale-plex
drwxr-xr-x 3 plex guest 512 May 19 23:45 plexdata
-rw-r--r-- 1 root plex 3956346880 Aug 11 19:01 plexdata-2016-08-11-184928.tar <---- making a backup in case this goes sideways
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root plex 13533 Aug 11 18:35 plexinit
-rw-r--r-- 1 root plex 428 Aug 11 18:31 release_notes
drwxr-xr-x 6 root plex 512 Aug 11 18:31 system
-rw-r--r-- 1 root plex 8 Aug 11 18:31 version
-rw-r--r-- 1 plex guest 6 Aug 6 20:19 version-check

I have restarted the services. It gives the missing media server error. The plex web interface is up and seems to be upgraded. The Nas4Free Extension is present and seems to be working. Currently making a plex data backup from the web interface. I have NOT yet rebooted.

Could you recommend how I can now unFk myself with whatever I did wrong. I'm pretty sure I should have the mediaserver installed, but it didn't do so. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also, reddit is down, so I can't read whatever links you posted. Thanks Jose.

Update: Reddit came up. Here is the link to an old mediaserver binary. Am I to manually reinstall this?
https://mega.nz/#F!mho2HJiJ!DFEOY_lS7S0 ... g!yl42FJTa

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 12 Aug 2016 03:11

Hello Jack, wen I said existing users I was calling the ones using my previous pack yeah, this one is completely diff and I don't have to merge/update custom package anymore, so please if you using old version, just save plexdata directory and enjoy this new version, it creates the needed environment on the fly, so you can upgrade Plex/Compat without hassle :)

Regards :)
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

Jack Foobar
experienced User
experienced User

Post by Jack Foobar » 12 Aug 2016 05:27

So.. I ran the installation script in the plex directory, at which point it creates another plex directory. And thinking my data was imported, and yet didn't import, I finally realized that I had two plex installs going at the same time.

Long story short, I smoked it all. Installed from scratch. Now Plex will be scanning for the next day or so. But I prefer to have it done right than have pieces laying everywhere. Thanks for the help Jose. This next extension seems to be working great. I'm wondering how it handles Nas4Free upgrades though. Any insight into that?

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 12 Aug 2016 05:48

Jack Foobar wrote:So.. I ran the installation script in the plex directory, at which point it creates another plex directory. And thinking my data was imported, and yet didn't import, I finally realized that I had two plex installs going at the same time.

Long story short, I smoked it all. Installed from scratch. Now Plex will be scanning for the next day or so. But I prefer to have it done right than have pieces laying everywhere. Thanks for the help Jose. This next extension seems to be working great. I'm wondering how it handles Nas4Free upgrades though. Any insight into that?
Let me tell you that this version creates an "PLEX" directory on install, this is because I want to enforce "NEW" users to install on separate add-ons directory instead mixing all they data like most of them do :( , and yeah "plexdata" is all you need to preserve during imports actually, to finalize this, this version will bring you the facility of upgrade the Plex package like in a Full/Native install thanks to my env synlink creation, I'm currently working on an new layer of pkg installations in Embedded, but still internal :)

Regards
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

Jack Foobar
experienced User
experienced User

Post by Jack Foobar » 12 Aug 2016 06:11

JoseMR wrote:
Jack Foobar wrote:So.. I ran the installation script in the plex directory, at which point it creates another plex directory. And thinking my data was imported, and yet didn't import, I finally realized that I had two plex installs going at the same time.

Let me tell you that this version creates an "PLEX" directory on install, this is because I want to enforce "NEW" users to install on separate add-ons directory instead mixing all they data like most of them do :( , and yeah "plexdata" is all you need to preserve during imports actually, to finalize this, this version will bring you the facility of upgrade the Plex package like in a Full/Native install thanks to my env synlink creation, I'm currently working on an new layer of pkg installations in Embedded, but still internal :)

Regards
Basically, the install was too damned easy, and I wasn't expecting it. I over-analyzed the thing. And now I see Crest working on that One button solution. Soon, we won't even have to know how to SSH anymore. Exciting times. Thanks for your work Jose.

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 12 Aug 2016 09:46

Jack Foobar wrote:Basically, the install was too damned easy, and I wasn't expecting it. I over-analyzed the thing. And now I see Crest working on that One button solution. Soon, we won't even have to know how to SSH anymore. Exciting times. Thanks for your work Jose.
Glad Plex extension working for you, and yes crest did an awesome work on OBI extension, I will support him as he did with my Plex addon, also I will complete the restore function soon, since locales more important now :)

Regards
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

mjw
Starter
Starter

Post by mjw » 14 Aug 2016 23:00

JoseMR wrote:
mjw wrote:Thanks JoseMR! If anyone has the links or is kind enough to post the binaries of 0.9.16.6 or something similar, i would be eternally grateful!
Hello, Please read more HERE: "Anyone know where The downloads archive has moved to?", Plex just stopped supporting releases below 1.0 now, so you can get last "PlexMediaServer-0.9.16 or 0.9.17" FreeBSD tarballs(.tar.bz2) from his link, I downloaded the 0.9.16 and worked just fine, just remove old binaries and copy over the 0.9.x ones and reboot/start service, but remember to preserve the "libpython2.7.so" and "Plex_Media_Server" symlinks, if you accidentally remove the symlinks, then create the previously mentioned libpython to point to "/usr/local/share/plexmediaserver/libpython2.7.so.1", the other one is just the Plex Media Server binary, you could either create symlink again or just rename it as Plex_Media_Server, then don't upgrade till your specific issues with Samsung devices is fixed by Plex.

Regards
Hi JoseMR, i got the 0.9 tarballs but am a little a little confused where to put them. The directory structure is a bit confusing, sorry for being such a noob.

The tarball has a Resources dir the contents of which presumably should go in system/plexmediaserver/Resources?

The rest of the tarball has libraries (*.so) and binaries. Where should these go, i see lots of locations but i am guessing system/plexmediaserver not these:
system/compat9x/lib/compat
system/compat9x/lib32/compat
system/compat9x/libdata
system/pkg

cheers

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 14 Aug 2016 23:57

mjw wrote:Hi JoseMR, i got the 0.9 tarballs but am a little a little confused where to put them. The directory structure is a bit confusing, sorry for being such a noob.

The tarball has a Resources dir the contents of which presumably should go in system/plexmediaserver/Resources?
Hello mjw, you just need to extract the tarball to a temp location and just navigate and copy the content of the extracted "plexmediaserver" directory to the "/addons/system/plexmediaserver/" on the extension directory for example, you can use cp to do this.
This example below should work for you, just follow your paths:

# mkdir /mnt/data/temporary
# cd /mnt/data/temporary
# tar -xf PlexMediaServer-0.9.*.bz2
# cd PlexMediaServer-0.9.16.6.1993-5089475
# cp -R * /mnt/addons/plex/system/plexmediaserver/
Regards
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

mjw
Starter
Starter

Post by mjw » 15 Aug 2016 00:19

JoseMR wrote:
mjw wrote:Hi JoseMR, i got the 0.9 tarballs but am a little a little confused where to put them. The directory structure is a bit confusing, sorry for being such a noob.

Hello mjw, you just need to extract the tarball to a temp location and just navigate and copy the content of the extracted "plexmediaserver" directory to the "/addons/system/plexmediaserver/" on the extension directory for example, you can use cp to do this.
This example below should work for you, just follow your paths:

# mkdir /mnt/data/temporary
# cd /mnt/data/temporary
# tar -xf PlexMediaServer-0.9.*.bz2
# cd PlexMediaServer-0.9.16.6.1993-5089475
# cp -R * /mnt/addons/plex/system/plexmediaserver/
Regards
Thanks as always. Made my samsung tv client more responsive!

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 15 Aug 2016 01:52

mjw wrote:Thanks as always. Made my samsung tv client more responsive!
Glad Plex working the way you want now, however this issue will be fixed by Plex crew, so don't hesitate to test they next version upon release, if you using ZFS(I hope so) take a snapshot right before you upgrade and test new version, if new version no joy, just rollback and nothing will be lost. :)

Regards
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

Jack Foobar
experienced User
experienced User

Post by Jack Foobar » 15 Aug 2016 02:16

By the way, in regards to the plex app itself. I've noticed the transcoding is ALOT more efficient. My poor little 3 ghz cpu is able to keep up now. Very nice. Only hovering between 30%-80% when downcoding a bluray to 720p on a Core 2 duo from yesteryear. It used to peg the needle for all cores at 100% and left the client stuttering.

Thanks for your hard work Jose. You breathed new life into my little low power NAS box.

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 15 Aug 2016 05:24

Jack Foobar wrote:By the way, in regards to the plex app itself. I've noticed the transcoding is ALOT more efficient. My poor little 3 ghz cpu is able to keep up now. Very nice. Only hovering between 30%-80% when downcoding a bluray to 720p on a Core 2 duo from yesteryear. It used to peg the needle for all cores at 100% and left the client stuttering.

Thanks for your hard work Jose. You breathed new life into my little low power NAS box.
Thank you Jack for kind words and glad you actually enjoy this project.
As a Plex user I will try to keep this stuff up to date and bring the best for. ;)
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

cristianp
NewUser
NewUser

Post by cristianp » 22 Aug 2016 11:33

nas-ws1: ~# cd /mnt/app/plex
nas-ws1: plex#
README gui/ plexdata/ release_notes version
backup/ locale-plex/ plexinit* system/
nas-ws1: plex# ./plexinit -h
Usage: plexinit -[option]
Options:
-s Start Plex Media Server.
-p Stop Plex Media Server.
-r Restart Plex Media Server.
-v Display product version.
-u Upgrade Plex/Extension packages.
-g Enables the addon GUI.
-t Disable the addon GUI.
-h Display this help message.
nas-ws1: plex# ./plexinit -p
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver: DEBUG: pid file (/var/run/plex/plex.pid): not readable.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver: DEBUG: checkyesno: plexmediaserver_enable is set to YES.
plexmediaserver not running? (check /var/run/plex/plex.pid).
nas-ws1: plex# ./plexinit -r
Starting plexmediaserver.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver: DEBUG: pid file (/var/run/plex/plex.pid): not readable.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver: DEBUG: checkyesno: plexmediaserver_enable is set to YES.
plexmediaserver not running? (check /var/run/plex/plex.pid).
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver: DEBUG: run_rc_command: start_precmd: plex_precmd
Starting plexmediaserver.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver: DEBUG: run_rc_command: doit: su -m plex -c 'sh -c "/usr/sbin/daemon -f /usr/local/share/plexmediaserver/Plex_Media_Server"'
su: unknown login: plex
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver: WARNING: failed to start plexmediaserver
nas-ws1: plex#

Return to “Extensions / Add-ons”