*New 12.1 series Release:
2019-11-08: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7091 - released!

*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[EXTENSION] OneButtonInstaller

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

[EXTENSION] OneButtonInstaller

Post by crest » 03 Aug 2016 08:17

I'm very pleased to announce the extension OneButtonInstaller (OBI) which is meant as a centralized extension manager and an attempt to get a common interface for hassle-free installing of extensions to XigmaNAS systems without the need to work with system console or shell CLI.

The aim to create this extension was the reason that many other systems provide such an interface for the installation of extensions, add-ons and plug-ins already (FreeNAS, OpenMediaVault, pfSense, etc ...). On the basis of the Push Button Installer system I decided to name this extension OneButtonInstaller even if it don't compete in no way with this much more complex installer system.

Another reason was to provide an (of course unofficial ;) ) overview, which extensions are available for XigmaNAS especially for new users and also to prevent the most common problems during the installation of extensions.

I tried to include all (at least for me) known extensions but everyone is very welcome to give me advices what I could/should include as well.

Available extensions in alphabetical order: Extensions in the queue:

DESCRIPTION

OneButtonInstaller (OBI) is an extension manager to display and install all known available Extensions/Add-Ons directly inside the XigmaNAS WebGUI just with the press of one button without the need to use the CLI.

The extension
- shows all known available/installed Extensions/Add-Ons on one page with a short description and links to the appropriate forum threads
- allows the installation of all known Extensions/Add-Ons inside the XigmaNAS WebGUI with a common interface
- allows a One Button Installation, just by selecting one or more entries and pressing 'Install'
- allows to enable/disable beta releases in extensions list
- pre-checks and displays known unsupported architectures/platforms/releases per extension
- features manual/automatic update of the Extensions list to get new extensions to install (It is recommended to activate the switch Update extensions list automatically or to Update the extensions list manually prior to the installation of an extension to see the most recent versions).
- is based on the appropriate extension installation procedures of the currently known extension
- works on all architectures/platforms/releases
- does not need jail or pkg_add.
- add pages to XigmaNAS WebGUI
- features easy installation, configuration and extension update & removal management

INSTALLATION
  1. Prior to the installation perform a backup of the configuration via SYSTEM | BACKUP/RESTORE | Download configuration.
  2. Open the XigmaNAS WebGUI menu entry TOOLS | COMMAND, copy the following line, paste it to the command field and push "Execute", this will download the installer to your system - N.B.: there is NO NEED to create a dedicated directory for extensions you plan to install, everything will be handled by OBI internally:

Code: Select all

fetch https://raw.github.com/crestAT/nas4free-onebuttoninstaller/master/OBI.php && mkdir -p ext/OBI && echo '<a href="OBI.php">OneButtonInstaller</a>' > ext/OBI/menu.inc && echo -e "\nDONE"

3. After the command finished successfully with 'DONE' refresh the WebGUI and open the menu entry EXTENSIONS | OneButtonInstaller, choose a directory to install the extension to and hit 'Save' to finish the installation or hit 'Cancel' to abort and remove the installer from the system.
    If there are problems downloading the installer please check
    - your DNS settings and
    - the date and time your server is setup
    to be sure that the server can communicate with the internet!
  4. After successful completion you can access the extension from the WebGUI menu entry EXTENSIONS | OneButtonInstaller.
  5. It is recommended to activate the switch Update extensions list automatically or to Update the extensions list manually prior to the installation of an extension to see the most recent versions.
TRANSLATIONS

OBI is now on Launchpad - if someone wants to contribute please go to OneButtonInstaller on Launchpad for translations!

DISCLAIMER

This extension is provided AS-IS, I'm NOT responsible for any data loss or damage caused by the use of it, use it solely at your own risk.

VERSION HISTORY

Version 0.4.0.2 - 2018.10.18
F: installation errors on multiple installations in some cases
C: update Russian translation
C: update Ukrainian translation

Version 0.4.0.1 - 2018.09.19
F: false 'new version' messages after installation of extensions
C: update German translation
C: update Greek translation
C: update Swedish translation

Version 0.4 - 2018.08.15
N: Ncurses Disk Usage (ncdu) shell app
N: use dedicated config file
N: check and warn if on LiveUSB/LiveCD
N: check for working internet connection
N: cleanup button on install page - usable in conjunction with the option 'Re-install' to only perform a cleanup without new installation of extensions
C: improvements for option 'Re-install', cleanup of config and command scripts prior to the installation process
F: GUI translations not working due to name change to XigmaNAS

Version 0.3.4.1 - 2017.02.17
This version is PHP 7.1 (introduced with N4F release 11.0.0.4.3882) aware
F: installation fails on vanilla systems => viewtopic.php?f=71&t=11189&p=75515#p75357

Version 0.3.4 - 2016.11.25
N: command scripts rc format for NAS4Free 11.x compatibility
N: MidnightCommander: command scripts rc format for NAS4Free 11.x compatibility
N: Chinese (Simplified) translation
C: update Dutch translation
C: update Italian translation
C: update Romanian translation
C: update Spanish translation
C: MidnightCommander: symlinks for NAS4Free 11.x compatibility

Version 0.3.3 - 2016.09.01
N: Turkish translation
N: Ukrainian translation
C: update Dutch translation
C: update French translation
C: update Greek translation
C: update Russian translation
C: update Spanish translation
C: update Swedish translation
F: Configuration - fix table view if unsupported extension exists

Version 0.3.2 - 2016.08.25
N: configuration - add checkbox to enable the installation of extensions even if they are already installed => error report
N: Swedish translation - thanks to user anders.malm
C: update Greek translation - thanks to user ChriZathens
C: update German translation

Version 0.3.1 - 2016.08.15
F: OBI installer - add checkbox to override restriction for extensions installation path

Version 0.3 - 2016.08.14
N: configuration - checkbox to override restriction for extensions installation path (limited to a directory under /mnt/)

Version 0.2 - 2016.08.09
N: configuration - enable/disable beta releases in extensions list
N: check hardware platform to use midnightcommander on x86/i386 too
F: disabling extension not possible, leads to an error message

Version 0.1 - 2016.08.01
initial release

N: ... new feature
C: ... changes
F: ... bug fix

THIS SECTION IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION, UPDATE WILL COME SOON ...

Some screenshots:
OBI INSTALLATION page
screen_20160815_081537.png
Choose an installation path for OBI - this should be set to a PERSISTANT directory below /mnt/ - e.g. /mnt/DATA/extensions to avoid loosing the extensions after a reboot on embedded N4F systems. This will be checked and an error message will be fired if the common directory is set to another path (e.g. /pool/extensions). This behavior can be overruled by activating the option 'Path check' - no check will be performed but this is not recommended - you should really know what you are doing!

CONFIGURATION tab
screen_20160825_074355.png
Not much to do here, just enable the extension, choose may be another common directory for all extensions, decide if you want to update the extensions list on the INSTALL page automatically with every call of this page to stay always with the most recent list (can be performed also manually on the INSTALL page), decide if you want to see beta releases of extensions under the Install tab and finally hit Save to activate the extension.
It is recommended to activate the switch Update extensions list automatically or to Update the extensions list manually prior to the installation of an extension to see the most recent versions.

INSTALL tab
screen_20160815_084505.png
Shows all available and already installed extensions (and also incompatible extensions with the current system you are on), for installation just tick the appropriate box (one or more at a time) and hit Install to get the extensions on the system or Update the extensions list manually if automatic update is disabled on the CONFIGURATION page.

MAINTENANCE tab
screen_20160815_081345.png
The maintenance page for OBI itself.

Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Regards
crest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by crest on 01 Sep 2016 08:31, edited 19 times in total.
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

crowi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: [EXTENSION] OneButtoninstaller **NEW**

Post by crowi » 03 Aug 2016 09:50

:shock: :o
NICE work :)
NAS 1: Milchkuh: Asrock C2550D4I, Intel Avoton C2550 Quad-Core, 16GB DDR3 ECC, 5x3TB WD Red RaidZ1 +60 GB SSD for ZIL/L2ARC, APC-Back UPS 350 CS, NAS4Free 11.0.0.4.3460 embedded
NAS 2: Backup: HP N54L, 8 GB ECC RAM, 4x4 TB WD Red, RaidZ1, NAS4Free 11.0.0.4.3460 embedded
NAS 3: Office: HP N54L, 8 GB ECC RAM, 2x3 TB WD Red, ZFS Mirror, APC-Back UPS 350 CS NAS4Free 11.0.0.4.3460 embedded

alexey123

Post by alexey123 » 03 Aug 2016 21:25

Work. Very nice and great
But!
Bhyve - I begin to make it, but at this time not have CPU for continue work. This extension worked on my main NAS but not ready now
In general - I want add bhyve to TheBrig - 50% thebrig codes are suitable cares bhyve
DHCP - I have idea rewrite it as php code, without dnsmasq binaries
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crest, you must analize CPU - bhyve, plex work on x64 only. dhcpserver currently not work on arm, because pkg manager FreeBSD-11 not give option pkg install at this time

You foggot fail2ban https://github.com/alexey1234/fail2ban-nas4free . It work from cli
Home11.0.0.4 - Sayyadina (revision 4249)/ x64-embedded on SAPPHIRE Pure Mini E350 / 8G RAM / UPS Ippon Back Power Pro 600
Lab 10.2.0.2 - Prescience (revision 2545) /x64-embedded on Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz / H61M-DS2 / 4G RAM / UPS Ippon Back Power Pro 600
New XigmanasXigmaNAS version 11.2.0.4.6026 on x64-embedded on AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7 A88XM-PLUS/ 16G RAM
TEST1 11.0.0.4 - Pilingitam (revision 4333) bpi-embedded on Allwinner a20 / 1015MiB RAM

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 03 Aug 2016 21:58

Awesome work crest, this is definitely the pioneer of the NAS4Free central Plugin/Extension manager we have been awaiting for, really appreciate all your great works and efforts. 8-)

Kind Regards!
José
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
JoseMRPubServ(temporary down)

mraerosmith
NewUser
NewUser

Post by mraerosmith » 04 Aug 2016 11:23

This is awesome and just the thing that NAS4Free needs, top work

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 06 Aug 2016 07:20

Thank you guys for all this kind words, I really appreciate this :D
alexey123 wrote:Work. Very nice and great
But!
Bhyve - I begin to make it, but at this time not have CPU for continue work. This extension worked on my main NAS but not ready now
In general - I want add bhyve to TheBrig - 50% thebrig codes are suitable cares bhyve
So do you want me to remove Bhyve from the extensions list?
alexey123 wrote:DHCP - I have idea rewrite it as php code, without dnsmasq binaries
Should I let this extension though stay in the list ...?
alexey123 wrote:Crest, you must analize CPU - bhyve, plex work on x64 only. dhcpserver currently not work on arm, because pkg manager FreeBSD-11 not give option pkg install at this time

this is already implemented, I just didn't realize that bhyve works on x64 only :lol: , I will add this restriction asap ...
the check for plex is implemented, you would see this on an x86/ARM system on the right hand side with the 'minus' sign ...
screen_20160806_070743.png
Currently OBI checks compatibility for:
architectures: x86, x64, rpi, rpi2, rpi3, bananapi
platforms: embedded, full, livecd, liveusb
releases: 9.3, 10.2, 10.3032853, 10.3032898, 11.0, ... etc
alexey123 wrote:You foggot fail2ban https://github.com/alexey1234/fail2ban-nas4free . It work from cli
right, I forgot :roll:
before I include fail2ban I will perform some test - will comment on your fail2ban topic how it goes ...

Best regards
crest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by crest on 06 Aug 2016 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 06 Aug 2016 08:19

alexey123 wrote:Crest, you must analize CPU - bhyve, plex work on x64 only. dhcpserver currently not work on arm, because pkg manager FreeBSD-11 not give option pkg install at this time

this is already implemented, I just didn't realize that bhyve works on x64 only :lol: , I will add this restriction asap ...
Done, just update the extension list (if not set to update automatically) ...

MikeMac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeMac » 06 Aug 2016 22:34

IMHO this extension is a good candidate to become a part of nas4free from the box. A fantastic masterpiece!

I had installed, works fine, but show syncthing installed. Now it is not true, syncthing extension is not installed on my nas at present time, but only long ago. I had tried to delete syncthing folder - no reaction. I will dig more, this is not a big problem now.

Russian localisation is a quite fragmental. I had downloaded language file already.

One idea. That about to have at config page checkbutton "show extensions in beta". And this checkbutton by default should be false state.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 07 Aug 2016 08:27

MikeMac wrote:IMHO this extension is a good candidate to become a part of nas4free from the box. A fantastic masterpiece!

:D thanks a lot - maybe some times - if the devs decide it ... :roll:
I had installed, works fine, but show syncthing installed. Now it is not true, syncthing extension is not installed on my nas at present time, but only long ago. I had tried to delete syncthing folder - no reaction. I will dig more, this is not a big problem now.
No need to dig :lol: there are two conditions OBI checks by keywords (e.g. syncthing) if an extension is already installed
1. an existing entry in config.xml => in this case <syncthing> ... </syncthing> and this is also the case when boxed Syncthing is/was used ...
2. an existing entry in command scripts => for extension which don't use config.xml entries like Midnight Commander, fail2ban and Plex
Russian localisation is a quite fragmental. I had downloaded language file already.
Yes I know, my Russian is not very good :lol: the fragments came from translations from my other extension. I would be happy to get it really translated !
One idea. That about to have at config page checkbutton "show extensions in beta". And this checkbutton by default should be false state.
Hmm, interesting ... could be done easily.
I was also thinking about categories but atm we don't have a lot of extensions so it's not that important for now ... ;)

Regards
crest

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 08 Aug 2016 07:25

MikeMac wrote:I had installed, works fine, but show syncthing installed. Now it is not true, syncthing extension is not installed on my nas at present time, but only long ago. I had tried to delete syncthing folder - no reaction. I will dig more, this is not a big problem now.
Corrected, just update the extension list (if not set to update automatically) ...

MikeMac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeMac » 08 Aug 2016 17:11

crest wrote:Corrected
confirm, problem resolved (but version number does not changed)

I could report another bug. There is no way to disable the extension. If I try to unchech Disabled checkbox and save, error message appears, extension path changes, etc

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 09 Aug 2016 05:58

MikeMac wrote:
crest wrote:Corrected
confirm, problem resolved (but version number does not changed)
That's fine, it was not a change in the extension implementation, just changed the check for Syncthing
I could report another bug. There is no way to disable the extension. If I try to unchech Disabled checkbox and save, error message appears, extension path changes, etc
Thanks for reporting, will be corrected.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 09 Aug 2016 08:51

Hello all,

there is a new release (v0.2) of this extension available => [EXTENSION] OneButtoninstaller.

For a list of changes take a look at the Version History. Updates can be performed directly via the extension maintenance tab in the WebGUI.

Regards
crest

MikeMac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeMac » 09 Aug 2016 12:52

0.2 2016.08.09 N: configuration - enable/disable beta releases in extensions list
confirm working

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 10 Aug 2016 06:08

MikeMac wrote:
0.2 2016.08.09 N: configuration - enable/disable beta releases in extensions list
confirm working
Thank you :D

UES
Starter
Starter

Post by UES » 13 Aug 2016 06:25

Fantastic!
This feature was really missing!
May I suggest to add either Owncloud or NextCloud? Although it is eventually quite easy to install, from the number of threads dealing with this topic this is very often asked for.

Thank you for considering.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 13 Aug 2016 12:19

UES wrote:Fantastic!
This feature was really missing!
May I suggest to add either Owncloud or NextCloud? Although it is eventually quite easy to install, from the number of threads dealing with this topic this is very often asked for.

Thank you for considering.
Thank you :D

Yes, I'll put Owncloud on my list but there are some prerequisites to fulfill to install it also on embedded systems (mysql, jail etc.) so this can take a while ...

Regards
crest

UES
Starter
Starter

Post by UES » 13 Aug 2016 13:44

I successfully installed NextCloud on my embedded system without any jail or any other additional software. You often read that not using mysql may affect the performance, but it works quite well without it, even without any further tricks. All one has to do is to download and unpack their tar file and to do some basic matching settings in lighttpd and NextCloud. I have this running since I started using nas4free (first Owncloud, since migration to 10.3 series NextCloud). In the very beginning there were some minor issues with nas4free's php setup (preventing sending of emails from within Owncloud), but they have been resolved in the meantime.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 13 Aug 2016 14:32

UES wrote:I successfully installed NextCloud on my embedded system without any jail or any other additional software. You often read that not using mysql may affect the performance, but it works quite well without it, even without any further tricks. All one has to do is to download and unpack their tar file and to do some basic matching settings in lighttpd and NextCloud. I have this running since I started using nas4free (first Owncloud, since migration to 10.3 series NextCloud). In the very beginning there were some minor issues with nas4free's php setup (preventing sending of emails from within Owncloud), but they have been resolved in the meantime.
Sounds good, could you provide settings you did for lighttpd to get NextCloud running well.

UES
Starter
Starter

Post by UES » 13 Aug 2016 15:40

In "Auxiliary parameters" on page Services|Webserver:

$HTTP["url"] =~ "^/nextcloud/data/" {
     url.access-deny = ("")
}
$HTTP["url"] =~ "^/nextcloud($|/)" {
     dir-listing.activate = "disable"
}
Assuming that NextCloud is installed under the directory specified in "Document root" as nextcloud. NextCloud/owncloud will also run without such settings, but these ensure that any malicious access attempt will be unsuccessful. Obviously, nas4free's Webserver should be set to HTTPS. It is also recommended to have the data directory of NextCloud outside of the nextcloud directory. This is set in nextcloud/config/config.php.

alexey123

Post by alexey123 » 13 Aug 2016 17:36

Midnight Commander for NAS4Free install script work on x64 arch only, but I see it under bananapi.
May be need rewrite install script ?
for example command

pkg fetch -o {FOLDERNAME} 
fetch CURRENT package for current arch and store it at FOLDERNAME/All folder
Package can be unzipped and binaries can work
Home11.0.0.4 - Sayyadina (revision 4249)/ x64-embedded on SAPPHIRE Pure Mini E350 / 8G RAM / UPS Ippon Back Power Pro 600
Lab 10.2.0.2 - Prescience (revision 2545) /x64-embedded on Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz / H61M-DS2 / 4G RAM / UPS Ippon Back Power Pro 600
New XigmanasXigmaNAS version 11.2.0.4.6026 on x64-embedded on AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7 A88XM-PLUS/ 16G RAM
TEST1 11.0.0.4 - Pilingitam (revision 4333) bpi-embedded on Allwinner a20 / 1015MiB RAM

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 13 Aug 2016 18:31

alexey123 wrote:Midnight Commander for NAS4Free install script work on x64 arch only, but I see it under bananapi.
May be need rewrite install script ?
for example command

pkg fetch -o {FOLDERNAME} 
fetch CURRENT package for current arch and store it at FOLDERNAME/All folder
Package can be unzipped and binaries can work
Thanks for the bananapi advice, had no time to setup this device but I will remove the restriction, may be you can test it (I will test if it work also on rpi/2/3 ...).

I rewrote the Midnight Commander script already so it is now also possible to install mc on x86 arch - use v0.2 and update the extensions list if you don't use the automatic update function!

slaycock
experienced User
experienced User

Post by slaycock » 13 Aug 2016 20:19

I keep my extensions folder in my zpool dataset. For historical reasons this pool is mounted in root and not under mnt. When I select the extensions directory to save the configuration it won't let me because the directory is not under mnt. Any chance of removing the requirement to save to a directory under mnt.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 13 Aug 2016 21:12

slaycock wrote:I keep my extensions folder in my zpool dataset. For historical reasons this pool is mounted in root and not under mnt. When I select the extensions directory to save the configuration it won't let me because the directory is not under mnt. Any chance of removing the requirement to save to a directory under mnt.
I did this restriction on purpose ;) ... because especially for new users of N4F it happens often that they don't use a persistent directory but I asked myself - if there are requests - why not to allow to overrule this restriction so I will implement a checkbox for this.
Maybe tomorrow I will release this feature with a new version of OBI.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 13 Aug 2016 21:18

UES wrote:In "Auxiliary parameters" on page Services|Webserver:

$HTTP["url"] =~ "^/nextcloud/data/" {
     url.access-deny = ("")
}
$HTTP["url"] =~ "^/nextcloud($|/)" {
     dir-listing.activate = "disable"
}
Assuming that NextCloud is installed under the directory specified in "Document root" as nextcloud. NextCloud/owncloud will also run without such settings, but these ensure that any malicious access attempt will be unsuccessful. Obviously, nas4free's Webserver should be set to HTTPS. It is also recommended to have the data directory of NextCloud outside of the nextcloud directory. This is set in nextcloud/config/config.php.
Thank you, I think I will create one extension for both Own/NextCloud to let users decide what they want to install ...

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 14 Aug 2016 09:24

Hello all,

there is a new release (v0.3) of this extension available => [EXTENSION] OneButtoninstaller.

For a list of changes take a look at the Version History. Updates can be performed directly via the extension maintenance tab in the WebGUI.

@slaycock: implemented now to override the path restriction ...

Regards
crest

slaycock
experienced User
experienced User

Post by slaycock » 14 Aug 2016 18:33

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately I don't get a check box to disable install under mnt. Where is the installer installed so I can delete and reinstall.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 15 Aug 2016 08:58

slaycock wrote:
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately I don't get a check box to disable install under mnt. Where is the installer installed so I can delete and reinstall.
Please remove OBI completely (open the WebGUI => Extensions|OneButtonInstaller|Maintenance => Remove Extension) and perform a new installation as described in the first post of this topic - than you will get the new OBI installation page with the check box to let you choose another path (not below /mnt/) for the installation. Sorry for this inconvenience ...

slaycock
experienced User
experienced User

Post by slaycock » 15 Aug 2016 11:26

Success. It was necessary to first allow the extension to install under mnt before I could remove it but it then successfully installed in my extensions directory.

anders.malm
Starter
Starter

Post by anders.malm » 22 Aug 2016 20:21

Hello here comes a Swedish translation.

/Anders
ASUS P10-S, Intel i3 CPU, 16 GB ECC ram, 250 GB M2 SSD, RootOnZFS

Return to “Extensions / Add-ons”