To uncheck proceed to System > Advanced Setup, uncheck Disable Extension Menu and push Save to activate the setting.
I'm very pleased to announce the extension OneButtonInstaller (OBI) which is meant as a centralized extension manager and an attempt to get a common interface for hassle-free installing of extensions to XigmaNAS systems without the need to work with system console or shell CLI.
The aim to create this extension was the reason that many other systems provide such an interface for the installation of extensions, add-ons and plug-ins already (FreeNAS, OpenMediaVault, pfSense, etc ...). On the basis of the Push Button Installer system I decided to name this extension OneButtonInstaller even if it don't compete in no way with this much more complex installer system.
Another reason was to provide an (of course unofficial ) overview, which extensions are available for XigmaNAS especially for new users and also to prevent the most common problems during the installation of extensions.
I tried to include all (at least for me) known extensions but everyone is very welcome to give me advices what I could/should include as well.
Available extensions in alphabetical order:
- BE Manager
- Bastille Manager
- BitTorrent Sync (Resilio Sync)
- DNSMasq DHCP Server
- Extended GUI
- Htop CLI extension
- Midnight Commander CLI extension
- MySQL with optional app Adminer
- Ncurses Disk Usage CLI extension
- NextOwnCloud (NextCloud / ownCloud server)
- Plex Media Server
- Plex Pass Media Server (at the OBI beta channel!)
- Virtual Machine BHYVE (BETA version)
- Fail2Ban (postboned)
OneButtonInstaller (OBI) is an extension manager to display and install all known available Extensions/Add-Ons directly inside the XigmaNAS WebGUI just with the press of one button without the need to use the CLI.
- shows all known available/installed Extensions/Add-Ons on one page with a short description and links to the appropriate forum threads
- allows the installation of all known Extensions/Add-Ons inside the XigmaNAS WebGUI with a common interface
- allows a One Button Installation, just by selecting one or more entries and pressing 'Install'
- allows to enable/disable beta releases in extensions list
- pre-checks and displays known unsupported architectures/platforms/releases per extension
- features manual/automatic update of the Extensions list to get new extensions to install (It is recommended to activate the switch Update extensions list automatically or to Update the extensions list manually prior to the installation of an extension to see the most recent versions).
- is based on the appropriate extension installation procedures of the currently known extension
- works on all architectures/platforms/releases
- does not need jail or pkg_add.
- add pages to XigmaNAS WebGUI
- features easy installation, configuration and extension update & removal management
- Prior to the installation perform a backup of the configuration via SYSTEM | BACKUP/RESTORE | Download configuration.
- Make sure that the switch Disable Extension Menu in System > Advanced Setup is unchecked! To uncheck proceed to System > Advanced Setup, uncheck Disable Extension Menu and push Save to activate the setting.
- Open the XigmaNAS WebGUI menu entry TOOLS | COMMAND, copy the following line, paste it to the command field and push "Execute", this will download the installer to your system - N.B.: there is NO NEED to create a dedicated directory for extensions you plan to install, everything will be handled by OBI internally:
Code: Select all
fetch https://raw.github.com/crestAT/nas4free-onebuttoninstaller/master/OBI.php && mkdir -p ext/OBI && echo '<a href="OBI.php">OneButtonInstaller</a>' > ext/OBI/menu.inc && echo -e "\nDONE"
- After the command finished successfully with 'DONE' refresh the WebGUI and open the menu entry EXTENSIONS | OneButtonInstaller, choose a directory to install the extension to and hit 'Save' to finish the installation or hit 'Cancel' to abort and remove the installer from the system.
If there are problems downloading the installer please check
- your DNS settings and
- the date and time your server is setup
to be sure that the server can communicate with the internet!
- After successful completion you can access the extension from the WebGUI menu entry EXTENSIONS | OneButtonInstaller.
- It is recommended to activate the switch Update extensions list automatically or to Update the extensions list manually prior to the installation of an extension to see the most recent versions.
OBI is now on Launchpad - if someone wants to contribute please go to OneButtonInstaller on Launchpad for translations!
This extension is provided AS-IS, I'm NOT responsible for any data loss or damage caused by the use of it, use it solely at your own risk.
RECENT VERSION HISTORY
Version 0.4.1 - 2020.06.01
N: Htop CLI extension
C: MidnightCommander & NCDU - improved startup with checks/updates for new releases & changed XigmaNAS firmware
C: update Czech translation
C: update Spanish translation
C: update French translation
C: update Ukrainian translation
C: update Chinese translation
C: update Turkish translation
Version 0.4.0.2 - 2018.10.18
F: installation errors on multiple installations in some cases
C: update Russian translation
C: update Ukrainian translation
Version 0.4.0.1 - 2018.09.19
F: false 'new version' messages after installation of extensions
C: update German translation
C: update Greek translation
C: update Swedish translation
C: update Ukrainian translation
N: ... new feature
C: ... changes
F: ... bug fix
THIS SECTION IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION, UPDATE WILL COME SOON ...
OBI INSTALLATION page Choose an installation path for OBI - this should be set to a PERSISTANT directory below /mnt/ - e.g. /mnt/DATA/extensions to avoid loosing the extensions after a reboot on embedded N4F systems. This will be checked and an error message will be fired if the common directory is set to another path (e.g. /pool/extensions). This behavior can be overruled by activating the option 'Path check' - no check will be performed but this is not recommended - you should really know what you are doing!
CONFIGURATION tab Not much to do here, just enable the extension, choose may be another common directory for all extensions, decide if you want to update the extensions list on the INSTALL page automatically with every call of this page to stay always with the most recent list (can be performed also manually on the INSTALL page), decide if you want to see beta releases of extensions under the Install tab and finally hit Save to activate the extension.
It is recommended to activate the switch Update extensions list automatically or to Update the extensions list manually prior to the installation of an extension to see the most recent versions.
INSTALL tab Shows all available and already installed extensions (and also incompatible extensions with the current system you are on), for installation just tick the appropriate box (one or more at a time) and hit Install to get the extensions on the system or Update the extensions list manually if automatic update is disabled on the CONFIGURATION page.
MAINTENANCE tab The maintenance page for OBI itself.
Any feedback is highly appreciated!