*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-04-17: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7542 - released

*New 11.3 series Release:
2020-04-16: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7538 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[EXTENSION] OneButtonInstaller

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
taltamir
NewUser
NewUser

Re: [EXTENSION] OneButtonInstaller

Post by taltamir »

I am having a problem with OBI.

I have performed an "upgrade & convert full to embedded" on my N4F installation. As a result OBI and Plex server disappeared.
I when ahead and installed OBI again, no problem... doing so caused OBI to appear in a new extensions tab.
Going there and configuring it to use the same directory (/mnt/OBI) results in it showing that plex is already installed. However I cannot access it, and I cannot uninstall, reinstall, or otherwise mess with it from OBI's own page.

I have tried uninstalling OBI with the same result. I would like to keep my plex data and just do a reinstall, but this doesn't seem to be an option. The only workaround I can think of is to uninstall OBI, manually delete the folder /mnt/OBI
then reinstall OBI. However, I would really rather not do that.

edit: doh, I found it. In the options page there is a checkbox to allow reinstallation... however, it gives a rather odd error message

Code: Select all

Installation error: Plex Media Server
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
Fetching meta.txz: . done
Fetching packagesite.txz: .......... done
Processing entries: ......
Processing entries... done
Unable to update repository FreeBSD
Error updating repositories!

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

taltamir wrote:
26 Jun 2018 03:59
I am having a problem with OBI.

I have performed an "upgrade & convert full to embedded" on my N4F installation. As a result OBI and Plex server disappeared.
I when ahead and installed OBI again, no problem... doing so caused OBI to appear in a new extensions tab.
Going there and configuring it to use the same directory (/mnt/OBI) results in it showing that plex is already installed. However I cannot access it, and I cannot uninstall, reinstall, or otherwise mess with it from OBI's own page.

I have tried uninstalling OBI with the same result. I would like to keep my plex data and just do a reinstall, but this doesn't seem to be an option. The only workaround I can think of is to uninstall OBI, manually delete the folder /mnt/OBI
then reinstall OBI. However, I would really rather not do that.

edit: doh, I found it. In the options page there is a checkbox to allow reinstallation... however, it gives a rather odd error message

Installation error: Plex Media Server
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
Fetching meta.txz: . done
Fetching packagesite.txz: .......... done
Processing entries: ......
Processing entries... done
Unable to update repository FreeBSD
Error updating repositories!
Welcome to the forum.

Why did you converted Full to Embedded?, by the way converting a Full(UFS) Platform to Embedded is not an elegant solution, every customization will be lost and possible unexpected things may arise, just start over with either Embedded or Full Platform, bear in mind that if you opt to use Embedded Platform you lost the freedom to fine customize the OS and/or add custom packages in a native/standard fashion , its your choice at the end by the way.

TL:DR
Do not convert from Full(UFS) to Embedded, simply make a fresh install on the desired Platform to use.

Note: If you later plan to use Full Platform again, DO NOT Use UFS Legacy Full Platform, use RootOnZFS Full Platform to gain latest cutting edge ZFS features and ability to Upgrade from WebGUI transparently,

Regards
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS Mirror, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

taltamir
NewUser
NewUser

Post by taltamir »

JoseMR wrote:
26 Jun 2018 07:53
full install
I converted it because
1. installer nagging phrasing (not recommended, etc)
2. all the documentation I found insisted the only difference between them is that full cannot be upgraded via the web ui. and implications that full is basically an outdated throwback without any benefits.

thanks to you though I finally know what the pros of full are.

---

It seems also that performing the "upgrade" from full to embedded had created some sort of weird thing. OBI and some extensions can be installed on an ex-full now-embedded version that can't on a pure embedded version.
While in a clean install of embedded(which required me to break out gparted because nas4free errors out if the disk has existing partitions) it will have OBI disappear after reboot and have trouble installing some extensions. With various different types of errors.

A weird thing I noticed on my full to embedded transform is that using rm -r /mnt/OBI
then installing again, still thinks plex is install. Which suggests there are stuff being saved outside of the OBI directory.

---

Did a "full on ZFS" clean install. It works. Although weirdly it still had settings on it, which suggests it somehow stored them in one of my other drives? odd.

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

taltamir wrote:
27 Jun 2018 10:19
JoseMR wrote:
26 Jun 2018 07:53
full install
I converted it because
1. installer nagging phrasing (not recommended, etc)
2. all the documentation I found insisted the only difference between them is that full cannot be upgraded via the web ui. and implications that full is basically an outdated throwback without any benefits.

thanks to you though I finally know what the pros of full are.

---

It seems also that performing the "upgrade" from full to embedded had created some sort of weird thing. OBI and some extensions can be installed on an ex-full now-embedded version that can't on a pure embedded version.
While in a clean install of embedded(which required me to break out gparted because nas4free errors out if the disk has existing partitions) it will have OBI disappear after reboot and have trouble installing some extensions. With various different types of errors.

A weird thing I noticed on my full to embedded transform is that using rm -r /mnt/OBI
then installing again, still thinks plex is install. Which suggests there are stuff being saved outside of the OBI directory.

---

Did a "full on ZFS" clean install. It works. Although weirdly it still had settings on it, which suggests it somehow stored them in one of my other drives? odd.
Hi, the information you have found against Full is mostly outdated and only applied to the legacy version running on UFS, therefore is no longer the case for the feature rich Full RootOnZFS advanced installations. also if you already installed Full RootOnZFS, remember that the Upgrade files you need to download end with the .tgz file format, example below:

NAS4Free-x64-full-11.2.0.4.5655.tgz
This is the file you need for further Full RootOnZFS WebGUI Firmware upgrades, also don't hesitate to ask how to roll back if something gone wrong for a specific update, reinstall is not required to roll-back, so just wait for a working fix release as usual and retry for upgrade, also last but not least, remember that Full installations loves running from an HDD/SSD drives, if you plan to use a USB, get the best branded USB3.0 NAND Flash drive for reliability or even a pair mirrored, but again a single laptop 2.5" HDD is more that enough for home.

As for OBI, if you want to use the NAS4Free install disk for Extension, a Check Box about don't looking below "/mnt" have to be checked, but remember, the recommended way to install Extension is to be placed into a permanent data location such a RAID array regardless of what platform you are running, if I miss something please just ask for recommends.

As for the odd settings leftovers, may be if you restored the older config.xml file, also remember on Full RootOnZFS you have to re-import disks and synchronize, you may want to uncheck related "zroot" from the Synch page for your convenience/simplicity.

Regards
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS Mirror, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

uniss
Starter
Starter

Post by uniss »

Hello. I just changed Nas4free to Xigmanas, and I still do not see a translation into Ukrainian, although the translation on the desktop is present from 2016 onwards. How to fix it? Thanks.
:idea: HP N40L, 16 GB RAM, 3x8TB WD Red, 3x4TB WD Red, XN 12.1.0.4.7091 embedded

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

uniss wrote:
21 Jul 2018 10:37
Hello. I just changed Nas4free to Xigmanas, and I still do not see a translation into Ukrainian, although the translation on the desktop is present from 2016 onwards. How to fix it? Thanks.
Hmm, it's a bit strange because the Ukrainian translation was introduced with v0.3.3 and updated in v0.3.4 of OBI. Did you see it before you changed to XigmaNAS?
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

uniss
Starter
Starter

Post by uniss »

crest wrote:
22 Jul 2018 11:42
Hmm, it's a bit strange because the Ukrainian translation was introduced with v0.3.3 and updated in v0.3.4 of OBI. Did you see it before you changed to XigmaNAS?
Now I noticed that I did not say exactly. As in older versions, the translation is partial. It is possible that the translation is displayed for strings that have an analog or referenced to the xigmanas strings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:idea: HP N40L, 16 GB RAM, 3x8TB WD Red, 3x4TB WD Red, XN 12.1.0.4.7091 embedded

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

uniss wrote:
22 Jul 2018 20:55
crest wrote:
Now I noticed that I did not say exactly. As in older versions, the translation is partial. It is possible that the translation is displayed for strings that have an analog or referenced to the xigmanas strings.
Ok, I will take care of it in a few days, will keep you informed!
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

Shperrung
experienced User
experienced User

Post by Shperrung »

crest wrote:
06 Aug 2017 13:12
I only have an issue with the ssl-certificates.
Could it be possible to set letsencrypt as an add-on to OBI, to get valid certificates for the lighttpd webserver in NAS4FREE?
Or have i go the way with THEBRIG > JAIL > NGINX > PHP > LETSENCRYPT. CERTBOT + NEXTCLOUD
Not neccesarily, I'm on the way to create an extension for LetsEncrypt which is in an early Alpha state and it needs more time to finish the work on the WebGUI part for this, so if you can wait for one week more I think a Beta version will be available next week.

Regards
crest
Dear crest!
Thank you for your OBI. It's awesome and essential part of NAS4FREE. Especially for noobs like me))
How a process of LetsEncrypt plugin creation is ongoing? May we hope for it in next updates?
ASRock J3710-ITX, 16Gb RAM; RAID-Z 4Tx3HDD, 2T Stripe; UPS
Debian+OMV+ZFS

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

Shperrung wrote:
29 Jul 2018 12:56
crest wrote:
06 Aug 2017 13:12
I only have an issue with the ssl-certificates.
Could it be possible to set letsencrypt as an add-on to OBI, to get valid certificates for the lighttpd webserver in NAS4FREE?
Or have i go the way with THEBRIG > JAIL > NGINX > PHP > LETSENCRYPT. CERTBOT + NEXTCLOUD
Not neccesarily, I'm on the way to create an extension for LetsEncrypt which is in an early Alpha state and it needs more time to finish the work on the WebGUI part for this, so if you can wait for one week more I think a Beta version will be available next week.

Regards
crest
Dear crest!
Thank you for your OBI. It's awesome and essential part of NAS4FREE. Especially for noobs like me))
How a process of LetsEncrypt plugin creation is ongoing? May we hope for it in next updates?
Thanks for the kind words!
For some reasons I had to postpone the work on the extensions but now I can start over so the answer is yes, a LetsEncrypt extension is on the way.

Regards,
crest

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

Hello uniss,
crest wrote:
25 Jul 2018 12:49
uniss wrote:
22 Jul 2018 20:55
crest wrote:
Ok, I will take care of it in a few days, will keep you informed!
Finally it turned out that the name change of our beloved system ;) leads to the fact, that all extensions must be revised to get the translations again in the GUI, Within the next days I will start and update all (built by me) extensions accordingly.

Regards
crest

uniss
Starter
Starter

Post by uniss »

crest wrote:
04 Aug 2018 09:19
Finally it turned out that the name change of our beloved system ;) leads to the fact, that all extensions must be revised to get the translations again in the GUI, Within the next days I will start and update all (built by me) extensions accordingly.
Good news. Nice to hear. Thank you for the great extension.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

uniss wrote:
04 Aug 2018 17:40
crest wrote:
04 Aug 2018 09:19
Good news. Nice to hear. Thank you for the great extension.
Thank you ;)
Started already with the amendments (NextOwnCloud & BitTorrent Sync extensions are already released) for OBI, I will implement also some imrpovements so in a few days OBI will be ready for release, keep you informed.

Regards
crest

taltamir
NewUser
NewUser

Post by taltamir »

JoseMR wrote:
27 Jun 2018 20:05
Hi, the information you have found against Full is mostly outdated and only applied to the legacy version running on UFS, therefore is no longer the case for the feature rich Full RootOnZFS advanced installations. also if you already installed Full RootOnZFS, remember that the Upgrade files you need to download end with the .tgz file format, example below:

NAS4Free-x64-full-11.2.0.4.5655.tgz
This is the file you need for further Full RootOnZFS WebGUI Firmware upgrades, also don't hesitate to ask how to roll back if something gone wrong for a specific update, reinstall is not required to roll-back, so just wait for a working fix release as usual and retry for upgrade, also last but not least, remember that Full installations loves running from an HDD/SSD drives, if you plan to use a USB, get the best branded USB3.0 NAND Flash drive for reliability or even a pair mirrored, but again a single laptop 2.5" HDD is more that enough for home.

As for OBI, if you want to use the NAS4Free install disk for Extension, a Check Box about don't looking below "/mnt" have to be checked, but remember, the recommended way to install Extension is to be placed into a permanent data location such a RAID array regardless of what platform you are running, if I miss something please just ask for recommends.

As for the odd settings leftovers, may be if you restored the older config.xml file, also remember on Full RootOnZFS you have to re-import disks and synchronize, you may want to uncheck related "zroot" from the Synch page for your convenience/simplicity.

Regards
Thanks for all the advice. And sorry for the delayed response... did the forum transition from http://forums.nas4free.org/index.php
to https://www.xigmanas.com/forums/ recently? I had to google for "nas4free OBI" to find this thread, and my records indicate the previous address (which now cannot be resolved by my DNS)...

In regards to USB stick vs HDD... I used a USB stick for a while but switched to an old spindle drive, which is massively ridiculously hilariously faster. (bootup time cut down from 10 minutes to 20 seconds, installs are ridiculously faster, etc). Old spindle drive is also actually cheaper to buy, and the extra electricity cost is trivial. So that is why I switched.

One thing, is it possible to make plex extension automatically update?

taltamir
NewUser
NewUser

Post by taltamir »

crest wrote:
uniss wrote:
21 Jul 2018 10:37
Wait, do I need to reinstall OBI or something for the switch to the URL? I am looking at the front page and it seemed to have been installed from github. Do I need to do anything here or just let it auto update on its own time? (note that I am not trying to get ukranian)

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

taltamir wrote:
12 Aug 2018 19:34
Thanks for all the advice. And sorry for the delayed response... did the forum transition from http://forums.nas4free.org/index.php
to https://www.xigmanas.com/forums/ recently? I had to google for "nas4free OBI" to find this thread, and my records indicate the previous address (which now cannot be resolved by my DNS)...

In regards to USB stick vs HDD... I used a USB stick for a while but switched to an old spindle drive, which is massively ridiculously hilariously faster. (bootup time cut down from 10 minutes to 20 seconds, installs are ridiculously faster, etc). Old spindle drive is also actually cheaper to buy, and the extra electricity cost is trivial. So that is why I switched.

One thing, is it possible to make plex extension automatically update?
Hi, yes the project is currently on name change/Trademark for further brand protection.

As for the USB stick vs the HDD, unless you definitely need the IDE/SATA port, you are completely correct, the performance and reliability gain from any HDD is plain notorious, also I agree that the minimal power consumption from any 2.5" laptop drive does not justify for using an unreliable/slow USB stick.

As for plex extension automatic updates, the extension have a switch for performing upgrades over CLI, however the switch will try to upgrade both, the extension files plus the Plex package, so with a cron job this can be accomplished, between I'm planning to add a couple useful switches for the next update after some testing, I think I could add one dedicated to upgrade extension files only, lets see.

For the Plex Extension CLI usage, please type:

# plexinit -h
Regards
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

mga2009
NewUser
NewUser

Post by mga2009 »

Hi,

I just installed for the first time XigmaNAS.

I am trying to install OBI, running the command line:
fetch https://raw.github.com/crestAT/nas4free ... er/OBI.php && mkdir -p ext/OBI && echo '<a href="OBI.php">OneButtonInstaller</a>' > ext/OBI/menu.inc && echo -e "\nDONE"

But the extension menu it's not appearing anywhere...

I have an embedded install running from a usb pendrive. I habe a pool from 2 disk (separate vdvcs).

Aby help regarding installing OneButton Installer (and Plex server for that matter) to my embedded XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.5774 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

Hello mga2009,
mga2009 wrote:
13 Aug 2018 03:35
Hi,

fetch https://raw.github.com/crestAT/nas4free ... er/OBI.php && mkdir -p ext/OBI && echo '<a href="OBI.php">OneButtonInstaller</a>' > ext/OBI/menu.inc && echo -e "\nDONE"

I have an embedded install running from a usb pendrive. I habe a pool from 2 disk (separate vdvcs).

Aby help regarding installing OneButton Installer (and Plex server for that matter) to my embedded XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.5774 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Please try again with the most recent version of OBI and follow the installation instructions in the first post of this thread. Maybe you can get more infos now on how to solve this issue.

Regards
crest

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

Hello all,

there is a new release (v0.4) of this extension available => [EXTENSION] OneButtonInstaller.
UPDATES CAN BE DONE DIRECTLY VIA THE WEBGUI (Extension Maintenance Tab).

For a list of changes take a look at the Version History.

The translations base file on Launchpad has been updated - please proceed to OneButtonInstaller on Launchpad for translation!

If someone wants to contribute to extension translations please refer to this topic => Translations for Extensions

Regards
crest

mga2009
NewUser
NewUser

Post by mga2009 »

crest wrote:
16 Aug 2018 08:13
Hello mga2009,
mga2009 wrote:
13 Aug 2018 03:35
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Please try again with the most recent version of OBI and follow the installation instructions in the first post of this thread. Maybe you can get more infos now on how to solve this issue.

Regards
crest
Thanks for your help.

I solved my problem with this:

-. Use correct DNS and Gateway in configuration (both were blank), and nas could not find the fetch address.
-. Use correct user with SH enable and directory location (was BLANK).

Now I have OBI installed with Plexserver. I am still figuring out how to update the Plexserver file (not the Plex extension, it's not the same right?) because on the Plexserver webGUI it tells me there is an update available.

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 »

If plex webgui say that an update is available, You need to wait some days or weeks so packages are updates in BSD, And then update from plex extensión webgui , see my post And my screen captures.
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

lux
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by lux »

Hi all,

trying to install OBI on my TestNAS with XigmaNAS v5925 succesfully upgraded - but it don't works...

Command Output

$ fetch https://raw.github.com/crestAT/nas4free-onebuttoninstaller/master/OBI.php && mkdir -p ext/OBI && echo '<a href="OBI.php">OneButtonInstaller</a>' > ext/OBI/menu.inc && echo -e "\nDONE"

DONE
but NO ext Menu entry... - what next to try??
Home:11.3.x.7014/emb@32GB USB|1270v2@X9SCA-F|ECC32GB|i340-T4[lagg@GS108Tv2&smb-mch]|M1015@IT|9HDD~40TB@3xRaidZ1+1HDD+2SSD i335&i520+1xi800P@ZIL|~44W idle@SS-400FL2|Nanoxia Deep Silence 6B|24/7
Services: CIFS, FTP, TFTP, SSH, NFS, Rsync, Syncthing, Webserver, BitTorrent, VirtualBox | Extensions: OBI, TheBrig[certbot, Asterisk] | Extensions via vBox: Pi-hole & Jellyfin @DebianVM's
Test:12.x/emb@16GB USB|X3 420e@M4A88TD-V|16GB|i350-T2|M1015@IT|8xHDD+3xSSD[different Size&Brand]RaidZ1+2|for TESTing only

Snufkin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Snufkin »

lux wrote:
29 Aug 2018 15:20
but NO ext Menu entry... - what next to try?
Did you try to uncheck Disable scan for menu extension on this page?
And reload browser page with Ctrl+F5 of course.
XNAS 11.3.0.4 embedded, ASUS P5B-E, Intel DC E6600, 4 GB DDR2, 2 x HGST HDN726040ALE614

lux
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by lux »

ups... :oops:

nice hint! - after "uncheck" the "Extensions" Menu was visible :mrgreen:

THX!
Home:11.3.x.7014/emb@32GB USB|1270v2@X9SCA-F|ECC32GB|i340-T4[lagg@GS108Tv2&smb-mch]|M1015@IT|9HDD~40TB@3xRaidZ1+1HDD+2SSD i335&i520+1xi800P@ZIL|~44W idle@SS-400FL2|Nanoxia Deep Silence 6B|24/7
Services: CIFS, FTP, TFTP, SSH, NFS, Rsync, Syncthing, Webserver, BitTorrent, VirtualBox | Extensions: OBI, TheBrig[certbot, Asterisk] | Extensions via vBox: Pi-hole & Jellyfin @DebianVM's
Test:12.x/emb@16GB USB|X3 420e@M4A88TD-V|16GB|i350-T2|M1015@IT|8xHDD+3xSSD[different Size&Brand]RaidZ1+2|for TESTing only

lindsay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by lindsay »

I wonder if there is a possibility to add mysql server and phpmyadmin as extentions by one button installer?
Protected by smoothiebox Red,Green,
Purple,Orange Zones/VLAN`s