*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[EXTENSION] OneButtonInstaller

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: [EXTENSION] OneButtonInstaller - TheBrig is lost

Post by crest » 09 Oct 2018 08:26

Hello Shperrung,
Shperrung wrote:
09 Oct 2018 00:34
Hi!
Please help me resolve problem made myself. I had OBI with installed plex, extended GUI, Nexowncloud, and TheBrig. After upgrade to Xigmanas 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (revision 6026) my Jail with MySQL permanently stopped work. I checked setting, tried to create it again but nothing helped.
Under bad emotions I deleted folder with TheBrig and it disappeared form Extensions menu but it remains as installed in Extension-OneButtonInstaller menu. I understad now that it has to be done using own TheBrig uninstall button.
Currently there is no TheBrig. OBI shows that it is installed. I can't de-install it. Re-installation of OBI doesn't change situation. In addition I removed all commands contained "TheBrig" in System-Advanced but it doesn't help me too.
How to re-install TheBrig if it was incorrectly removed and remains in OBI list of installed apps?
Yes, the right way to uninstall extensions shall be to perform from the extension itself.
In your case - proceed to Extensions > OneButtonInstaller 0.4.0.1 > Configuration, activate the Re-install option and push Save.
Then - under the Install tab - activate the checkbox at TheBrig and push the Cleanup button, thereafter you can install TheBrig again.

Regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

Shperrung
experienced User
experienced User

Re: [EXTENSION] OneButtonInstaller

Post by Shperrung » 09 Oct 2018 11:49

Great add-on!
Thank you for this app again! Foolproofing works excellently. TheBrig is restored and I know another feature.
11.2.0.4 - Omnius (revision 6177)
ASRock J3710-ITX, LAN: Realtek RTL8111GR; 16Gb RAM; WD 1Tbx2, WD 2Tb; UPS Powercom WOW500U.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 18 Oct 2018 10:00

Hello all,

there is a maintenance release (v0.4.0.2) of this extension available => [EXTENSION] OneButtonInstaller.
UPDATES CAN BE DONE DIRECTLY VIA THE WEBGUI (Extension Maintenance Tab).

For a list of changes take a look at the Version History.

If someone wants to contribute to extension translations please refer to this topic => Translations for Extensions

Regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: [EXTENSION] OneButtonInstaller - temporary MySQL extension

Post by crest » 19 Oct 2018 07:18

Regarding to this post -> viewtopic.php?f=71&t=11189&start=300#p86808
I decided to leave the MySQL extension beta 2 in the beta channel of OBI for testing purpose even there will be a MariaDB installation in the next XigmaNAS release.

The extension is fully working and primarily to get empirical values for installing and configuring, If someone is willing to perform some tests it would be great to get feedback for further extensions development! :)

I also owe JoseMR big thanks for the development of the core mySQL installation/handling script which is used by the MySQL extension :!:
Without his work this and many other implementations for XigmaNAS would not have been possible :!:

Regards
crest

fox_pluto
NewUser
NewUser

Post by fox_pluto » 21 Oct 2018 23:33

Dear forum,

I have a strange issue in OBI.
Every time I list the plugins I have this error:

Code: Select all

The following input errors were detected:
Internet connection or the server 'github.com' is not available, please check your DNS settings under System > General Setup | DNS. Currently the first IPv4 DNS server address is set to ''
but immediately after:

New extensions list successfully downloaded!
My DNS is correctly configured, I have checked.

Anyone else has this error ?
Any solution?

Regards

karlandtanya
Starter
Starter

Post by karlandtanya » 21 Oct 2018 23:45

I'm seeing the same message fox_pluto reported on 21 Oct 2018 16:33

Everything seems to function OK so I'm ask what the message really means, or what I should do to resolve it:

Pings are blocked from our office as a security measure--does the application try to ping github to see if it's there?

If I say "fetch http://www.github.com" from the command line, a page is downloaded; so it looks like the server can find github and get stuff from there:

kaiser: /tmp# fetch https://www.github.com
fetch: https://www.github.com: size of remote file is not known
www.github.com                                          64 kB  954 kBps 00m00s
I can install things, for example just installed nextowncloud with no problem, so everything seems to work.

Just seeing the message makes me concerned I am doing something wrong

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 22 Oct 2018 06:42

Hello fox_plut,

Welcome to the forums!
fox_pluto wrote:
21 Oct 2018 23:33
Dear forum,

I have a strange issue in OBI.
Every time I list the plugins I have this error:

The following input errors were detected:
Internet connection or the server 'github.com' is not available, please check your DNS settings under System > General Setup | DNS. Currently the first IPv4 DNS server address is set to ''
but immediately after:

New extensions list successfully downloaded!
My DNS is correctly configured, I have checked.

Anyone else has this error ?
Any solution?

Regards
karlandtanya wrote:
21 Oct 2018 23:45
Everything seems to function OK so I'm ask what the message really means, or what I should do to resolve it:

Pings are blocked from our office as a security measure--does the application try to ping github to see if it's there?

I can install things, for example just installed nextowncloud with no problem, so everything seems to work.

Just seeing the message makes me concerned I am doing something wrong
In both cases you can just ignore the message.

Recently I implemented the ping check because often misconfigured DNS settings or very special setups (like here -> viewtopic.php?f=71&t=11189&start=300#p86909) can lead to problems installing extensions. But in your case the ping check doesn't work even though extensions list downloads and extension installations are successful.

As karlandtanya stated -
yes, that's the reason, therefore I will remove the ping check to get rid of these false alarms, thanks for reporting!

Regards
crest

fox_pluto
NewUser
NewUser

Post by fox_pluto » 22 Oct 2018 10:02

Thanks Crest for your reply and explanation!
You are right I have a firewall and the ping is not allowed to the internet.

Thanks again,
Stefano

fox_pluto
NewUser
NewUser

Post by fox_pluto » 22 Oct 2018 13:56

Hi Crest,

just an . another quick info; I read you are working on the integration in OBI of the letsencrypt feature.
Do you have a presumed deploy time?
I am really interest in the feature.

many thanks for your hard work!

Regards,
S.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 23 Oct 2018 15:01

fox_pluto wrote:
22 Oct 2018 13:56
Hi Crest,

just an . another quick info; I read you are working on the integration in OBI of the letsencrypt feature.
Do you have a presumed deploy time?
I am really interest in the feature.

many thanks for your hard work!

Regards,
S.
Thank you, really appriciate this :D

After finishing another work I will start again with LetsEncrypt but atm I cannot say when this extension will be ready for release ...

Regards
crest

fox_pluto
NewUser
NewUser

Post by fox_pluto » 23 Oct 2018 18:20

Ok no problem !!!!
I will wait :-D

Regards,
S.

mga2009
NewUser
NewUser

Post by mga2009 » 27 Oct 2018 19:19

First of all, thanks for the great extension! and the possibility to use Plex!

Everything works great! But I've found a little bug that makes my library administration a little bit awkward.

I have my extesnion installed in the same USB drive as XIGMANAS, in the DATA extension which is in mnt/DATA/

So, when I enter to my Plex server page and I need to browse to my library, the starting point it's mnt/DATa which obviously it's another drive than my pool. That's not the problem, as I enter the mounting point of my pool and the library it's recongnized.

The thing it's that I need to end the location with a "\" for it to recongnize it... so as soon as I put "save", Plex search for the files... but If it use the the three dots (...) below my movies librar and I put "scan library" it does not find any changes (even when there are changes and If I "edit" and save" it work)...

This make automatic search changes in librarly useless, so every time I need to update my library I need to use "edit", add a "\" to my address and put "save" not a big deal, but it would be great to have automatic search for changes in library.

Thanks!

knotworking
Starter
Starter

Post by knotworking » 30 Oct 2018 14:16

I believe I found a bug in the plexpass version of the OBI plex extension. I updated to the extension version 4.2.088, I couldn't get Plex running even though it seemed like it was stopping/starting using the buttons on the plex-gui.php page. Logs showed:
root: /mnt/Pool/data/OBI/plexpass/plexinit: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver: not found
I sshed in and looked at my rc.d scripts, noting the name of the plexpass rc.d script was "plexmediaserver_plexpass" then opened /mnt/Poolz/data/OBI/plexpass/plexinit and found the rc.d call was to:

PLEXRCD="/usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver"
changed that to:

PLEXRCD="/usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver_plexpass"
and that fixed it, plex started up and the buttons controlling the install are now working as expected.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 05 Nov 2018 15:29

Hello all,

Two new extensions are available now in OneButtonInstaller: If someone wants to contribute to extension translations please refer to this topic => Translations for Extensions

Regards
crest

Bernt
NewUser
NewUser

Post by Bernt » 15 Nov 2018 19:23

Hey Y'all!

Im brand new to the forum and the XigmaNAS, so I'm still learning. "Learning by doing, and then destroying everything..".
First of all, 'preciate all the work you put down to make all this possible, awesome!

I'm having some issues installing OBI tho. I've read through this thread to see if someone have similar problem, but I cant find any..
I've put in fetch in the commando, and I get done, so thats good. When I go to the next step, to save it, after I hit save the screen goes all white and stays like that. Nothing is happening, the page is just stuck at a white screen. Is it supposed to stay white for a long time?

What am I forgeting to do?

cheers!

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 » 15 Nov 2018 21:36

do you use a permanent Data path?.

Please post the path you use and explain a bit about it or post your spec on signature.
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

fox_pluto
NewUser
NewUser

Post by fox_pluto » 16 Jan 2019 12:23

Dear developer,

sorry for pushing you, any news for the plugin of letsencrypt?
My purpose is to installa a fully functional Nextcloud installation with real security certificate!

Thanks for your precious work!

Fox.

jiml8
NewUser
NewUser

Re: [EXTENSION] OneButtonInstaller - mysql installation

Post by jiml8 » 12 Feb 2019 23:06

A couple of days ago I used OneButtonInstaller to install mysql on my 11.1.04 Nas4Free/Xigmanas.

The installation went without incident, but the mysql server refused to start.

Some diagnosis revealed that there was a versioning problem with some of the libraries on the system; the version of mysql that was installed wanted slightly later versions than were on my system. Specifically libicuio.so, libicudata.so, libicui18n.so, and libicuuc.so did not match; the version on my system was .58 while the version sought was .63.

Given that the rev numbers are so close, I decided to take a chance and symlinked the libraries as required. The server then started and has been functioning without incident.

I then wrote a script, saved it in the extensions/mysql directory with the name mysql_lib_links, made it executable, and invoked it with an entry in System->Advanced->Command Scripts, making it postinit and placing it just ahead of the two scripts that were installed to start mysql. At this point, I have not rebooted the NAS to make sure the script works, but I am sure it does and if it doesn't the fix has to be trivial.

Here is the script:

ln -s /usr/local/lib/libicuio.so.58 /usr/local/lib/libicuio.so.63
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libicudata.so.58 /usr/local/lib/libicudata.so.63
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libicui18n.so.58 /usr/local/lib/libicui18n.so.63
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libicuuc.so.58 /usr/local/lib/libicuuc.so.63
ln -s /mnt/VD01/extensions/mysql/mysql/usr/local/bin/mysql /bin/mysql

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 13 Feb 2019 14:16

jiml8 wrote:
12 Feb 2019 23:06
A couple of days ago I used OneButtonInstaller to install mysql on my 11.1.04 Nas4Free/Xigmanas.

The installation went without incident, but the mysql server refused to start.

Hi, welcome to the forum, you are running an abit outdated version but thanks for reporting working solution, between can you report back what revision you are using?, my last testing archived version for 11.1 is "11.1.0.4.5403", though will check if this version have the *.so.58.

Regards
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 » 13 Feb 2019 15:03

only a question.

perhaps embeded mariaDB can interference with MySQL install on new installs?.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 13 Feb 2019 17:35

raulfg3 wrote:
13 Feb 2019 15:03
only a question.

perhaps embeded mariaDB can interference with MySQL install on new installs?.

Hi raul, I've tested myself on latest XigmaNAS Full r6400 and MySQL/Adminer Ext. is working as expected, while is advised to use MariaDB on later releases since already bundled, users definitely may choose MySQL/Adminer Extension as option.

Regards
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

jiml8
NewUser
NewUser

Post by jiml8 » 13 Feb 2019 21:11

JoseMR wrote:
13 Feb 2019 14:16

Hi, welcome to the forum, you are running an abit outdated version but thanks for reporting working solution, between can you report back what revision you are using?, my last testing archived version for 11.1 is "11.1.0.4.5403", though will check if this version have the *.so.58.

Regards
Yes, I know it is out of date. I have customized it, including some customizations to the PHP, and this can cause me extra effort to bring it current. Generally, before upgrading, I take a look to see if my customizations would be impacted. To bring it up to date now, my customizations will certainly be impacted and I have not yet chosen to spend the time doing it.

I'm a FreeBSD developer, currently doing some work inside the FreeBSD 12 kernel to make it what I want for the commercial product I develop (our product, like this product, is a distant descendant of m0n0wall), so I do keep track of security issues and will patch any relevant problems as required.

I'll get around to upgrading eventually...probably after you move to FreeBSD 12 because that would be most convenient for me since I am working to retire my development environments for earlier versions of FreeBSD.

The specific revision of 11.1.0.4 that I am running is 4528 from August 2017.

I should also note that after I had the mysql server running, I had to manually run create_mysqladmin.sql because this failed, of course, when the server did not start while the installation was underway.

jiml8
NewUser
NewUser

Post by jiml8 » 13 Feb 2019 21:46

Now, what I really want to get running is imagick for PHP. Pkg install failed because it could not create a user and group, and I need to sort that out...

I moved to mysql because my Nextcloud installation was reaching its limits with the default sqlite database. Mysql has led to a HUGE performance improvement in Nextcloud. I think I will also gain a lot if I get imagick working.

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR » 13 Feb 2019 22:24

jiml8 wrote:
13 Feb 2019 21:11
JoseMR wrote:
13 Feb 2019 14:16

Regards
Yes, I know it is out of date. I have customized it, including some customizations to the PHP, and this can cause me extra effort to bring it current. Generally, before upgrading, I take a look to see if my customizations would be impacted. To bring it up to date now, my customizations will certainly be impacted and I have not yet chosen to spend the time doing it.

I'm a FreeBSD developer, currently doing some work inside the FreeBSD 12 kernel to make it what I want for the commercial product I develop (our product, like this product, is a distant descendant of m0n0wall), so I do keep track of security issues and will patch any relevant problems as required.

I'll get around to upgrading eventually...probably after you move to FreeBSD 12 because that would be most convenient for me since I am working to retire my development environments for earlier versions of FreeBSD.

The specific revision of 11.1.0.4 that I am running is 4528 from August 2017.

I should also note that after I had the mysql server running, I had to manually run create_mysqladmin.sql because this failed, of course, when the server did not start while the installation was underway.

Hi, thanks for prompt response, I've sent an update to OBI developer crest, the lowest libs version allowed where *.so.60, I've made some tests and seems that mysql works well with libs version 5 too.

In regards to customization, you may want to take a look to the XigmaNAS RootOnZFS, a feature rich yet highly customizable Platform protected by Boot Environments.

Regards
Addons at GitHub
JoseMRPubServ
Boot Environments Intro

jiml8
NewUser
NewUser

Post by jiml8 » 13 Feb 2019 23:59

JoseMR wrote:
13 Feb 2019 22:24

Hi, thanks for prompt response, I've sent an update to OBI developer crest, the lowest libs version allowed where *.so.60, I've made some tests and seems that mysql works well with libs version 5 too.

In regards to customization, you may want to take a look to the XigmaNAS RootOnZFS, a feature rich yet highly customizable Platform protected by Boot Environments.

Regards
:) Well, that is why I made the original post.

The RootOnZFS looks interesting, but it won't help me. I have modified some of the PHP that provides the web interface to add some capabilities that are peculiar to my hardware and probably of no (or at best minimal) interest to the general community. Although I do know how to edit the packages provided for the embedded installs, I usually don't bother. Instead, I have my own edited versions of the PHP scripts and a postinit script copies my versions over top of the versions loaded on the RAM disk.

This works fine, but requires me to diff the provided scripts upon an update so that I can see the changes, and modify the updated scripts with my customizations. RootOnZFS would not help with this. Patch might help, but only when you have not made big changes to the scripts.

I also have customizations in php.ini, /etc/rc.d/websrv, php-cgi-websrv, and in smartd.conf which would benefit from RootOnZFS, but those aren't the big issues for me. Copying them over from a postinit script is a painless exercise.

tatoone
NewUser
NewUser

Post by tatoone » 16 Feb 2019 06:49

Sorry, How can I uninstall this?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gazzzman
NewUser
NewUser

Post by gazzzman » 19 Feb 2019 17:24

Hi there!
I am pretty new to XigmaNas so please forgive any silliness!
I have set up a ZFS pool with 6 drives and in the pool have created to datasets /DATA /Media
so on installing OBI I use the path /MNT/POOLNAME/DATA as the persistent path
I issue the command to install (and it says done) I pick the path as above (I have checked it is writable) click OK but all that happens is I get a blank page.
now obviously it is something I am doing wrong, but I would really appreciate some help
Love and Peace
Gazzzman

gazzzman
NewUser
NewUser

Post by gazzzman » 19 Feb 2019 17:35

System Information
Hostname xigmanas-plex.local
Version 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (revision 6400)
Compiled Monday January 21 17:26:50 GMT 2019
Platform OS FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p8 #0 r343240M: Mon Jan 21 03:24:40 CET 2019
Platform x64-full on Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz
System ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7P55D-E LX
System BIOS American Megatrends Inc. Version: 1701 09/27/2012
System Time Tuesday February 19 16:33:36 GMT 2019
System Uptime 3 Hours 32 Minutes 23 Seconds
System Config Change Tuesday February 19 14:30:58 GMT 2019
CPU Frequency 2800MHz
CPU Usage
0%
CPU Core Usage
Core 0: 0% Temp: 34.0 °C
Core 1: 0% Temp: 33.0 °C
Core 2: 0% Temp: 34.0 °C
Core 3: 0% Temp: 34.0 °C
Memory Usage 5% of 7.95GiB
Load Averages
0.29, 0.26, 0.20
[Show Process Information]
Disk Space Usage
Main Pool
0% of 11.52TB
Total: 11.52TB | Used: 2.86MB | Avail: 11.52TB | State: ONLINE

gazzzman
NewUser
NewUser

Post by gazzzman » 21 Feb 2019 10:47

nobody? Really? the amount of effort the dev put in, I am a little surprised I have had zero response.
any thoughts? anyone?
Gazzzman

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 » 21 Feb 2019 12:23

gazzzman wrote:
19 Feb 2019 17:24
I have set up a ZFS pool with 6 drives and in the pool have created to datasets /DATA /Media
so on installing OBI I use the path /MNT/POOLNAME/DATA as the persistent path
I issue the command to install (and it says done) I pick the path as above (I have checked it is writable) click OK but all that happens is I get a blank page.
n
repeat the install from shell / CLI ( using putty for example), and post result and command to revise it.

once script say done, go to webGUI and push F5 to refresh your webGUI, must appear a new menu to complete OBI Install

use button "select all" to copy command:
1.jpg

Wiki
Last changes

Return to “Extensions / Add-ons”