*New 12.1 series Release:
2019-11-08: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7091 - released!

*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

[EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

Post by crest » 03 Dec 2016 06:09

I'm very pleased to announce the extension NextOwnCloud (NOC) which lets users easily install the NextCloud server and the ownCloud server applications.

The extension provides an easy to use interface which is seamless integrated into the NAS4Free webgui (under Extensions > NextOwnCloud), tries to check the minimum prerequisites for the NextCloud and ownCloud applications to overcome the most common problems for the installation (it ensures to have the right permissions on the used paths, checks the upload location of the NAS4Free webserver service, sets the upload file size to 2GB and checks several security parameters) and provides backup and restore on demand as well as automatically created backup scripts for cron usage.

The built-in SQLite database or any existing mySQL or MariaDB installation can be used.

DESCRIPTION

The extension
- features the minimum configuration for the installation of the NextCloud and ownCloud applications
- provides backup and restore all / restore userdata on demand as well as automatically created backup scripts for cron usage
- adds additional checks and warnings for Next/ownCloud data folder security
- sets the right permissions to the used paths
- adds tuning parameters to avoid Next/ownCloud application warnings
- provides APCu memcache tuning on demand to avoid Next/ownCloud application warnings
- adds HSTS module parameters to Webserver auxiliary parameters to avoid Next/ownCloud application warnings
- adds upload_tmp_dir to initial PHP configuration to avoid webserver upload problems regarding too little space available for embedded N4F systems
- checks / shows the state of the NAS4Free webserver service
- adds PHPInfo to Webserver document root
- is fully compatible with the new 11.x series of NAS4Free (runs on all 9.1.x - 11.x series)
- works on all architectures
- works on all plattforms (embedded, full)
- does not need jail or pkg_add.
- add pages to NAS4Free WebGUI extensions
- includes extension maintenance (update & removal) without the need to work with the system console or shell CLI

INSTALLATION / UPDATE

Prior to the installation perform a backup of the NAS4Free configuration via SYSTEM > BACKUP/RESTORE > Download configuration.

Pre-requisites to run Next/ownCloud successfully:
  1. The webserver service must be enabled and running => setup under WebGUI Services > Webserver
  2. The Document Root under WebGUI Services > Webserver shall be set to a persitant path on a share, don't use /var/www
  3. The Upload Directory under WebGUI Services > Webserver shall be set to a path which has at least free space for twice the size of your planned maximum upload file size (e.g /mnt/data/uploads), don't use the default path :!:
  4. The maximum upload size (system dependent :!: ) can be changed in the
    - NextCloud application GUI under Admin > Additional settings > File handling
    - ownCloud application GUI under Admin > File handling
    after successful installation of the Next/ownCloud application.
This extension can be easily installed with the OneButtonInstaller.
Update the extensions list manually prior to the installation if the switch Update extensions list automatically is not checked in OneButtonInstaller.

OBI INSTALLATION page
screen_20161203_052118.png

After the successful installation the new entry in the extensions menu
screen_20161203_052238.png

Now it's time to proceed to the CONFIGURATION tab
If there is a warning about the upload directory ...
screen_20171002_052126.png

proceed to the webserver service, change the upload directory to a share which holds enough space to perform big uploads to Next/ownCloud and hit 'Save & Restart'.
screen_20171002_052247.png

Then enable the extension, choose the application, the document root for the NextCloud or ownCloud server, a data and a backup folder and hit Save and Install.
screen_20171002_052421.png
With every 'Save' inside the extension there will be created backup scripts which can be used inside cron to perform regularly backups, shown in the message line!
With the Remove button the document root and the data folder can be deleted - please check carefully if you want to do this as the NextCloud / ownCloud application and all data will be completely removed. After performing Remove the installation has to be performed again if you want to use the NextCloud/ownCloud applications.

After the installation one can use the provided URL to change to the application to finish the setup procedure.
screen_20171002_052633.png

NextCloud / ownCloud Setup
The last step, set the admin account user and password, for the Data folder use the Data folder path and name which has been setup before in the NextOwnCloud extension and the database and hit Finish setup.
For some reasons it could be necessary to repeat the steps above with some NextCloud releases, please pay attention to use the Data folder path and name which has been setup before in the NextOwnCloud extension to prevent warnings inside the Next/ownCloud applications!!!
screen_20171002_052808.png

Finally one can check of everything went fine in the Next/ownCloud administration ...
screen_20171002_052954.png

... and tune eventually the mentioned memory cache settings here
screen_20171002_053100.png

... to get a clean check
screen_20171002_053548.png

Since the standard upload file size is set to 2 GB this value can be changed inside the Next/ownCloud GUI
screen_20171002_053325.png

Now it's a good idea to perform a backup manually ...
screen_20171002_053434.png
to save all the settings in a persistent place on the server.

If something wents wrong it's possible to restore either just the user data or the whole installation, if necessary.

TRANSLATIONS

NextOwnCloud is on Launchpad - if someone wants to contribute please go to (Next)OwnCloud on Launchpad for translation!

DISCLAIMER

This extension is provided AS-IS, I'm NOT responsible for any data loss or damage caused by the use of it, use it solely at your own risk.

VERSION HISTORY

Version 0.3.5 - 2019.05.11
N: add memory_limit=512M to nextowncloud-php.ini
F: dynamical load appropriate smbclient PHP extension on system upgrades

Version 0.3.4 - 2018.11.29
N: add smbclient PHP extension for external storage support
N: add to Webserver > Auxparam:
setenv.set-response-header = ("Referrer-Policy"=>"no-referrer")
url.redirect += ("^/.well-known/caldav" => "/{NC/OC/WebRoot}/remote.php/dav")
url.redirect += ("^/.well-known/carddav" => "/{NC/OC/WebRoot}/remote.php/dav")
to prevent application warnings
C: update Spanish translation

Version 0.3.2.2 - 2018.09.23
F: remove predefined user.ini to prevent error message in ownCloud
C: update Ukrainian translation

Version 0.3.2.1 - 2018.08.05
F: GUI translations not working due to name change to XigmaNAS
N: Arabic translation
N: Czech translation
N: Slovenian translation
C: update French translation
C: update German translation
C: update Greek translation
C: update Italian translation
C: update Russian translation
C: update Swedish translation
C: update Ukrainian translation

Version 0.3.2 - 2017.08.24
N: set opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000 and opcache.revalidate_freq=1 to prevent application warnings
N: add button 'Tune Cache' to activate the APCu memcache for Next/ownCloud
F: create link to certificate /usr/local/etc/ssl/cert.pem if not already exists to prevent application updater problems
C: update translations base file on Launchpad
N: Kurdish translation
C: update Turkish translation

Version 0.3.1 - 2017.05.10
N: restore only userdata for manually installed/updated applications
C: removed PHP 7.1 warning for ownCloud -> v10.0.0 is now available
C: changed NextCloud download source to 'latest'
C: update translations base file on Launchpad

Version 0.3 - 2017.03.27
N: introduced backup & restore, for cron usage there are automatically created backup scripts
N: add additional checks and warnings for data folder security

Version 0.2.2 - 2017.03.15
N: Catalan translation
C: update Dutch translation
C: made extension PHP 7.1 aware
C: use most recent download sources for Next/ownCloud

Version 0.2.1 - 2017.01.16
N: add additional warnings for webserver status
N: add upload_tmp_dir to initial PHP configuration => /usr/local/etc/php/nextowncloud-php.ini
N: add HSTS module parameters to Webserver auxiliary parameters
N: add PHPInfo to Webserver document root
C: permissions for Document Root and WebServer Upload Directory
F: URL display in configuration page

Version 0.2 - 2016.12.01
Extension OwnCloud renamed to NextOwnCloud since it supports now both OwnCloud and NextCloud applications
N: support NextCloud application
N: check if the Webserver uses the default setting for 'Upload directory' and throw a warning eventually

Version 0.1.1 - 2016.11.28
N: command scripts rc format for NAS4Free 11.x compatibility
N: Chinese (Simplified) translation
C: update OwnCloud download source to latest stable version 9.1.2

Version 0.1.1 - 2016.09.22
initial release

N: ... new feature
C: ... changes
F: ... bug fix

Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Regards
crest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

Post by ernie » 03 Dec 2016 10:51

Thank you very much. I will test it perhaps before Christmas.
BR
NAS 1&2:
System: GA-6LXGH(BIOS: R01 04/30/2014) / 16 Go ECC
XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6766 embedded
NAS1: Xeon E3 1241@3.5GHz, 4HDD@2To/raidz2 (WD red), 3HDD@300Go/sas/raidz1 (Hitachi), 1SSD cache, Zlog on sas mirror
NAS2: G3220@3GHz, 3HDD@2To/raidz1 (Seagate), 1SSD cache, 1HDD@300Go/UFS
UPS: APC Back-UPS RS 900G
Case : Fractal Design XL R2

Extensions & services:
NAS1: OBI (Plex, extendedGUI, BTSync, zrep, rclone), nfs, UPS,
NAS2: OBI (extendedGUI, zrep (backup mode))

jistme

Post by jistme » 03 Dec 2016 12:41

Thnx!, this is great.
Soon (after the brig has been updated to work under 11.0), I will update to N4F 11.0 with a clean install, and then this will be one of the first things to try.

Just for my understanding, under Description it says: "- does not need jail or pkg_add."
Does that imply that there is also no added benefit (security-wise) to install NextCloud in a jail?

(p.s.: A minor spelling error on the OBI installation page, it says OnwCloud there)

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 03 Dec 2016 13:03

jistme wrote:Thnx!, this is great.
Soon (after the brig has been updated to work under 11.0), I will update to N4F 11.0 with a clean install, and then this will be one of the first things to try.

Just for my understanding, under Description it says: "- does not need jail or pkg_add."
Does that imply that there is also no added benefit (security-wise) to install NextCloud in a jail?
In this respect IMHO no - it's important to use the data folder outside the webserver root and the NC application does not bother N4F in any way therefore I don't see any benefit ...
(p.s.: A minor spelling error on the OBI installation page, it says OnwCloud there)
No, you just didn't update the extensions list as described under the installation section ... ;)
Update the extensions list manually prior to the installation if the switch Update extensions list automatically is not checked in OneButtonInstaller.
Regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

MikeMac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeMac » 03 Dec 2016 14:02

crest wrote:I'm very pleased to announce my new extension NextOwnCloud
Thank you, crest! Great work, as always from you!

I had finished Russian translation

But concerning security - I am a little bit paranoid :( I could not push myself for use owncloud usage even in jail (I have installed sucessfully, but not use one). But owncloud in host, without fail2ban looks for me even more dangerous...

Drawback is that even having alexey123 work and positive experience of guys from French nas4free community I still not installed fail2ban :(( May be now it becomes a top priority. Best of all as separate fail2ban extension (I still experimenting with seafile - light weight owncloud alternative)
sets the upload file size to 2 GB
2Gb looks a bit arbitrary, is not it? May be user should have option for change this later? If I remember right, it is parameter in couple of config files.

karlandtanya
Starter
Starter

Migrating jailed owncloud to extension nextcloud

Post by karlandtanya » 03 Dec 2016 17:33

Thanks for all your excellent work; the extension system really makes things consistent and well-regulated.
Much less manual work after upgrading embedded!

Your announcement prompted me to look at the Wikipedia entries for NextCloud and OwnCloud.
My employer has Owncloud in a jail now; it seems that migrating to NextCloud is the wise thing to do.

Has anybody here done a migration under N4F: Jail(OC)->Extension(NC)?
It looks like it will be easy to go back since OC is separately in a jail--we could probably have both running at once!

Are there any *gotchas* by moving from a vanilla owncloud install (in a jail) to your extension? Aside from offending security idealogues by going outside the jail, of course ;)
Currently plan to do something like the procedure from the forums, obviously instead of getting the zip letting the extension install.

Thanks!!!

The procedure from NextCloud devs
https://help.nextcloud.com/t/migrating- ... tcloud/551

From NextCloud forums
https://help.nextcloud.com/t/owncloud-9 ... cloud/1279
Put OC into offline mode with occ
Change the root folder name of OC
extract the zip file of NC that I downloaded from the NC website.
Copy over the config and data folders (well, actually just config for me, as my data folder was already external)
Use occ's upgrade command.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 03 Dec 2016 17:36

MikeMac wrote:
crest wrote:I'm very pleased to announce my new extension NextOwnCloud
Thank you, crest! Great work, as always from you!

I had finished Russian translation
:D Thank you, and again thanks for your contributions to the translations :!:
But concerning security - I am a little bit paranoid :( I could not push myself for use owncloud usage even in jail (I have installed sucessfully, but not use one). But owncloud in host, without fail2ban looks for me even more dangerous...

Drawback is that even having alexey123 work and positive experience of guys from French nas4free community I still not installed fail2ban :(( May be now it becomes a top priority. Best of all as separate fail2ban extension
I'm on the way to integrate Alexeys fail2ban installer into OBI, I'm just thinking to add a super-minimal uninstaller ;) which I will provide as a template so it can be used for all script-only add-ons ...
(I still experimenting with seafile - light weight owncloud alternative)
It would be great if you could share your experience with seafile and if it's worth to integrate it too ...
sets the upload file size to 2 GB
2Gb looks a bit arbitrary, is not it? May be user should have option for change this later? If I remember right, it is parameter in couple of config files.
:lol: right, in older versions the max. upload file limit was 2 GB therefore I set it to this value but for the most recent versions (for both Next- and ownCloud) it's obviously more - will correct it.
The reason why I touched this was the default size of 512 MB and many users had problems to change this ...

Best regards
crest

jistme

Post by jistme » 06 Dec 2016 09:49

MikeMac wrote:But concerning security - I am a little bit paranoid :( I could not push myself for use owncloud usage even in jail (I have installed sucessfully, but not use one). But owncloud in host, without fail2ban looks for me even more dangerous...
Perhaps it would be possible to create the option in OBI to install NextOwnCloud in a jail?
Either by selecting an existing (pre-setup) jail, or by having OBI creating a dedicated jail for it in the same run?

MikeMac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeMac » 06 Dec 2016 20:18

jistme wrote:Perhaps it would be possible to create the option in OBI to install NextOwnCloud in a jail?
It is not so simple, but not impossible. But then you should manage this jail - at least start-stop one, really install security upgrades, etc. How are you going to do it? It is apparently not OBI task.

It is possible to manage jails from command line, with TheBrig (nas4free extension) and with qjail, installed into chroot by finch add-on. But if you use any of mentiond tools it is not a big deal to install owncloud, howto exist at this forum. So another time no need in OBI...

But any case, with or without OBI I could easy install owncloud. Question of security is about fail2ban, as far as owncloud password protection does not looks secure on my paranoid eye...

vladdy
NewUser
NewUser

Post by vladdy » 08 Dec 2016 15:00

Many thanks Crest for doing this. For me having owncloud on my NAS is a beautiful thing. As someone new to using owncloud, I am having a bit of trouble setting the owcloud extension to work. I have followed your instructions as best I can, but keep getting 404 errors. As I understand it, it is necessary to get the web server running first in NAS4Free. It is running using ssl with the appropriate certificates with the document root at /usr/local/www/ and upload directory /var/tmp/ftmp which was defined by default.

When using these parameters in the owncloud settings an error is thrown which says "The OwnCloud Data Folder MUST be set to a directory below '/mnt/'." So I do that and set it to /usr/local/www/ext both in the extensions setting and the web server setting ad continue to get 404 errors.

To be clear my web server settings are web server document root /usr/local/www/ext, web server upload directory /var/tmp/ftmp, Owncloud configuration document root /usr/local/www/ext and Data Folder /mnt/jbodpool/owncloudata. What am I doing which is causing these errors. I have been at this for a few days to no avail, The extension indicates that I need to connect to https://192.168.1.11:portno, where portno is the port I set in the NAS4Free server to connect over ssl and that link throws the 404 errors.

For a noobs sake ;) could you please explain what the different directories are supposed to accomplish and more importantly exactly what they should be set to

Much obliged

sherman
Starter
Starter

Post by sherman » 12 Dec 2016 12:48

Hi

first I want to say big thanks to Crest for the astonishing work!

Then I must interfere with a newbie question here concerning the correct setup & "upgrade" to NC.
I read about hosting the Data folder outside the /www/owncloud structure and thought I had setup it properly but when I had look at it via FTP I noticed that my wanted Data folder was empty and instead of it the /data folder in the /owncloud structed was filed with all my "cloud files".

So, I wonder, if that is right and what I can do? Perhaps a small editing of the config file?

Second I tried to upgrade to NC but that installed a new /www/nextcloud folder. So in order to to a proper upgrade I think I might be done after copying/moving /config and /data from the /owncloud original structure. /data is here about 16GB.

Mh mh mh

I wonder if that is correct to do so, so I am better asking here.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 20 Dec 2016 08:38

Hello sherman,
sherman wrote:Hi

first I want to say big thanks to Crest for the astonishing work!

Then I must interfere with a newbie question here concerning the correct setup & "upgrade" to NC.
I read about hosting the Data folder outside the /www/owncloud structure and thought I had setup it properly but when I had look at it via FTP I noticed that my wanted Data folder was empty and instead of it the /data folder in the /owncloud structed was filed with all my "cloud files".

So, I wonder, if that is right and what I can do? Perhaps a small editing of the config file?

Second I tried to upgrade to NC but that installed a new /www/nextcloud folder. So in order to to a proper upgrade I think I might be done after copying/moving /config and /data from the /owncloud original structure. /data is here about 16GB.

Mh mh mh

I wonder if that is correct to do so, so I am better asking here.
Thank you :)

It is important for the installation of NextCloud / ownCloud to use the Data Folder which you created in the extension at the very first login to Next/ownCloud, as described in the extension. So most likely you didn't use it here ... ? Please refer to the screenshots in the first post of this topic.

Regards
crest

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 20 Dec 2016 08:49

Hello vladdy,
vladdy wrote:Many thanks Crest for doing this. For me having owncloud on my NAS is a beautiful thing. As someone new to using owncloud, I am having a bit of trouble setting the owcloud extension to work. I have followed your instructions as best I can, but keep getting 404 errors. As I understand it, it is necessary to get the web server running first in NAS4Free. It is running using ssl with the appropriate certificates with the document root at /usr/local/www/ and upload directory /var/tmp/ftmp which was defined by default.

When using these parameters in the owncloud settings an error is thrown which says "The OwnCloud Data Folder MUST be set to a directory below '/mnt/'." So I do that and set it to /usr/local/www/ext both in the extensions setting and the web server setting ad continue to get 404 errors.

To be clear my web server settings are web server document root /usr/local/www/ext, web server upload directory /var/tmp/ftmp, Owncloud configuration document root /usr/local/www/ext and Data Folder /mnt/jbodpool/owncloudata. What am I doing which is causing these errors. I have been at this for a few days to no avail, The extension indicates that I need to connect to https://192.168.1.11:portno, where portno is the port I set in the NAS4Free server to connect over ssl and that link throws the 404 errors.
Thank you :)

Regarding the directory settings:
- document root: must be set below the webservers document root, of course ... ;) in your case this should be something like /mnt/YourWebServerDocumentRoot/owncloud - DON'T use /usr/local/www ...
- data folder: must NOT be set under the ownCloud path for security reasons ..
- web server upload directory /var/tmp/ftmp is not recommended, better use like /mnt/jbodpool/upload (because on embedded there is limited space on the default upload directory /var/tmp/ftmp ....

Regards
crest

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 20 Dec 2016 08:51

jistme wrote:
MikeMac wrote:But concerning security - I am a little bit paranoid :( I could not push myself for use owncloud usage even in jail (I have installed sucessfully, but not use one). But owncloud in host, without fail2ban looks for me even more dangerous...
Perhaps it would be possible to create the option in OBI to install NextOwnCloud in a jail?
Either by selecting an existing (pre-setup) jail, or by having OBI creating a dedicated jail for it in the same run?
As MikeMac already mentioned it's not so easy but can be done - maybe with finch - in the future ... ;)

Regards
crest

dondl
NewUser
NewUser

Post by dondl » 30 Dec 2016 03:31

Hi crest,

I'm having a bit of trouble installing this extension. I am using OneButtonInstaller, which is under /mnt/extensions/onebuttoninstaller.

Here is what I see on on very first login: http://imgur.com/a/vTVDB
And what I see after trying to enable, add in the directories, and save: http://imgur.com/Y16FkCg

The error message doesn't say where it needs to go, so I tried the various directories in the screenshots in this thread. They all get this message though. I also tried completely uninstalling OneButtonInstaller and NextOwnCloud, including deleting their directories, but that didn't do much.

Hoping you could help me out?

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 31 Dec 2016 09:58

Hello dondl,
dondl wrote:Hi crest,

I'm having a bit of trouble installing this extension. I am using OneButtonInstaller, which is under /mnt/extensions/onebuttoninstaller.

Here is what I see on on very first login: http://imgur.com/a/vTVDB
And what I see after trying to enable, add in the directories, and save: http://imgur.com/Y16FkCg

The error message doesn't say where it needs to go, so I tried the various directories in the screenshots in this thread. They all get this message though. I also tried completely uninstalling OneButtonInstaller and NextOwnCloud, including deleting their directories, but that didn't do much.

Hoping you could help me out?
At a glance what I see at your screenshots - you didn't enable the Webserver service (at the Webserver status you see in red it is DISABLED and STOPPED respectively) so the first thing you must do
- enable the Webserver under Services|Webserver AND you should change there also the default Upload directory to a path on your data drives to avoid problems with uploads for big files (mentioned also under the Webserver status line in orange!) and start it. If this is performed successfully then go back to the NextOwnCloud configuration page
- you should now see there that the Webserver status is enabled and running and also the hint for the upload directory disappeared, then you can setup the directories for Next/ownCloud, Save and Install the application and follow the instructions ...

Hope this helps
Regards
crest

dondl
NewUser
NewUser

Post by dondl » 31 Dec 2016 20:16

Wow, I can't believe I missed that. Thank you so much for your help!

One last question. Installation went great, setup went great, but when I try to access Nextcloud under the link given I get a 403 Forbidden error. I have the webserver set under the www group, although the 403 error comes even when under root group, and the nextcloud folder has full permissions. What am I missing?

Edit: actually, after I click "install" in the nextcloud setup page I get an error: http://imgur.com/a/TWPey

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 03 Jan 2017 11:54

dondl wrote:Wow, I can't believe I missed that. Thank you so much for your help!
No problem, you are welcome ... ;)
One last question. Installation went great, setup went great, but when I try to access Nextcloud under the link given I get a 403 Forbidden error. I have the webserver set under the www group, although the 403 error comes even when under root group, and the nextcloud folder has full permissions. What am I missing?

Edit: actually, after I click "install" in the nextcloud setup page I get an error: http://imgur.com/a/TWPey
Please check your DNS settings and if you can download the file in the CLI (checked the download for availability just now and it was ok ...).

Btw, which release/platform of N4F do you use?

Best regards
crest

dondl
NewUser
NewUser

Post by dondl » 05 Jan 2017 01:54

Well, I tried to download via ssh as per your suggestion and it turns out...I had no space left. Looks like I never mounted the data partition of the OS drive. I mounted it, directed the service| webserver to save stuff there, then corrected the nextcloud directories and voila. Installation succeeded and everything is working butter smooth.

Thank you for all your help crest, can't wait to integrate nextcloud as my own private little dropbox!

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 05 Jan 2017 08:21

dondl wrote:Well, I tried to download via ssh as per your suggestion and it turns out...I had no space left. Looks like I never mounted the data partition of the OS drive. I mounted it, directed the service| webserver to save stuff there, then corrected the nextcloud directories and voila. Installation succeeded and everything is working butter smooth.

Thank you for all your help crest, can't wait to integrate nextcloud as my own private little dropbox!
You're welcome, good to see that it's working now :D

mekonghigh
Starter
Starter

Post by mekonghigh » 05 Jan 2017 12:57

crest wrote: :lol: right, in older versions the max. upload file limit was 2 GB therefore I set it to this value but for the most recent versions (for both Next- and ownCloud) it's obviously more - will correct it.
The reason why I touched this was the default size of 512 MB and many users had problems to change this ...
How can i change the upload file limit to 20GB?

Code: Select all

Version 	 11.0.0.4 - Sayyadina (revision 3330)
Compiled 	Friday December 09 00:49:46 UTC 2016
Platform OS FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p5 #0 r309722M: Thu Dec 8 22:52:57 CET 2016
Platform 	x64-embedded on Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
I have read this article. This should be possible, but i don't get it.
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/11/ad ... ation.html

Hedin81
NewUser
NewUser

Post by Hedin81 » 05 Jan 2017 20:20

I'm not able to install the addon

Procedure:

The OwnCloud Document Root MUST be set to a directory below ''. 
Someone knows what's wrong?

I'm not sure what's the difference is between the data and the root dir. Could someone explain that?

The log:

Jan 5 19:50:14	nas4free	root: owncloud-extension: gui loaded
Jan 5 19:50:14	nas4free	root: tar: Failed to set default locale
Jan 5 19:50:14	nas4free	root: looking up github.com connecting to github.com:443 SSL options: 83004bff Peer verification enabled Using CA cert file: /usr/local/etc/ssl/cert.pem TLSv1.2 connection established using ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 Certificate subject: /businessCategory=Private Organization/jurisdictionC=US/jurisdictionST=Delaware/serialNumber=5157550/street=88 Colin P Kelly, Jr Street/postalCode=94107/C=US/ST=California/L=San Francisco/O=GitHub, Inc./CN=github.com Certificate issuer: /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert SHA2 Extended Validation Server CA requesting https://github.com/crestAT/nas4free-owncloud/releases/download/v0.2/owncloud-v02.zip 302 redirect to https://github-cloud.s3.amazonaws.com/releases/68081767/9b388bd4-b862-11e6-8d4a-3542e0ed275b.zip?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAISTNZFOVBIJMK3TQ%2F20170105%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20170105T185014Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=01fa09f9804620809c94fb2036016b8b4a11ec185ae35db76ba2c66
Jan 5 19:50:02	nas4free	root: /mnt/pool_1/ext_N4F/onebuttoninstaller/extensions.txt 0 B 0 Bps
Jan 5 19:49:41	nas4free	root: /mnt/pool_1/ext_N4F/onebuttoninstaller/extensions.txt 0 B 0 Bps

nasrocks
Starter
Starter

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud Can it have its own IP outside of a Jail?

Post by nasrocks » 06 Jan 2017 03:11

I have owncloud in a jain installed and was going to move to Nextcloud. I installed Nextcloud via OBI (very cool) and sort of got it going but can it be given its own IP address if it is not in a jail?

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 06 Jan 2017 09:35

nasrocks wrote:I have owncloud in a jain installed and was going to move to Nextcloud. I installed Nextcloud via OBI (very cool) and sort of got it going but can it be given its own IP address if it is not in a jail?
Thank you :D

About the IP-address - you could try to define lighttpd as reverse proxy/redirect - I did something similar years ago but don't use it now.

Regards
crest

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 06 Jan 2017 09:39

Hello Hedin81,
Hedin81 wrote:I'm not able to install the addon

Procedure:

The OwnCloud Document Root MUST be set to a directory below ''. 
Someone knows what's wrong?

I'm not sure what's the difference is between the data and the root dir. Could someone explain that?

The log:

Jan 5 19:50:14	nas4free	root: owncloud-extension: gui loaded
Jan 5 19:50:14	nas4free	root: tar: Failed to set default locale
Jan 5 19:50:14	nas4free	root: looking up github.com connecting to github.com:443 SSL options: 83004bff Peer verification enabled Using CA cert file: /usr/local/etc/ssl/cert.pem TLSv1.2 connection established using ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 Certificate subject: /businessCategory=Private Organization/jurisdictionC=US/jurisdictionST=Delaware/serialNumber=5157550/street=88 Colin P Kelly, Jr Street/postalCode=94107/C=US/ST=California/L=San Francisco/O=GitHub, Inc./CN=github.com Certificate issuer: /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert SHA2 Extended Validation Server CA requesting https://github.com/crestAT/nas4free-owncloud/releases/download/v0.2/owncloud-v02.zip 302 redirect to https://github-cloud.s3.amazonaws.com/releases/68081767/9b388bd4-b862-11e6-8d4a-3542e0ed275b.zip?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAISTNZFOVBIJMK3TQ%2F20170105%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20170105T185014Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=01fa09f9804620809c94fb2036016b8b4a11ec185ae35db76ba2c66
Jan 5 19:50:02	nas4free	root: /mnt/pool_1/ext_N4F/onebuttoninstaller/extensions.txt 0 B 0 Bps
Jan 5 19:49:41	nas4free	root: /mnt/pool_1/ext_N4F/onebuttoninstaller/extensions.txt 0 B 0 Bps
Please check this => http://forums.nas4free.org/viewtopic.ph ... 718#p74225 - should help you to get it running.

Regards
crest

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 06 Jan 2017 09:45

Hello mekonghigh,
mekonghigh wrote:
crest wrote: :lol: right, in older versions the max. upload file limit was 2 GB therefore I set it to this value but for the most recent versions (for both Next- and ownCloud) it's obviously more - will correct it.
How can i change the upload file limit to 20GB?

Version 	 11.0.0.4 - Sayyadina (revision 3330)
Compiled 	Friday December 09 00:49:46 UTC 2016
Platform OS FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p5 #0 r309722M: Thu Dec 8 22:52:57 CET 2016
Platform 	x64-embedded on Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
I have read this article. This should be possible, but i don't get it.
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/11/ad ... ation.html
In NextCloud > Administrator > Additional settings you can change the upload size but there is a(nother) global limitation to get such big files running => change the php.ini in /usr/local/etc =>

upload_tmp_dir = /mnt/data/something
and restart the webserver.

Regards
crest

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 » 06 Jan 2017 12:03

nasrocks wrote:I have owncloud in a jain installed and was going to move to Nextcloud. I installed Nextcloud via OBI (very cool) and sort of got it going but can it be given its own IP address if it is not in a jail?
Use the same IP that your NAS, you can use your router to redirect port (NAT) or use reverse proxy as crest suggest.

PD: use NAT is really easy so start from here and next think if is enought or you need reverse proxy.
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

StanEsmith
Starter
Starter

Post by StanEsmith » 06 Jan 2017 18:44

Does this extension work with Collabora Online? I have finally gotten my Nextcloud install working with mySQL databases and it's running smoothly for the most part. I'm trying to build a self hosted replacement for google drive. With Collabora Online this owuld bring me one step closer. Here is one step-through tutorial that requires to download a docker image, not sure how that would work with Nas4Free. https://nextcloud.com/collaboraonline/

mekonghigh
Starter
Starter

Post by mekonghigh » 07 Jan 2017 00:07

crest wrote:change the php.ini in /usr/local/etc =>

Regards
crest
Thanks, that was the problem.
But on embedded after a reboot it's back to it's original state.
I have copied /usr/local/etc/php.ini to /mnt/data/php.ini and changed the php.ini.
In "System > Advanced > Command Scripts" i added a PostInit command: cp /mnt/data/php.ini /usr/local/etc/php.ini.
Then i created another command: service lighttpd restart, But this does not work.
It only work when i restart the webserver with the webui.
Is there a option te restart the webserver via command script or cron?

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 07 Jan 2017 09:31

mekonghigh wrote:
crest wrote:change the php.ini in /usr/local/etc =>

Regards
crest
Thanks, that was the problem.
But on embedded after a reboot it's back to it's original state.
I have copied /usr/local/etc/php.ini to /mnt/data/php.ini and changed the php.ini.
In "System > Advanced > Command Scripts" i added a PostInit command: cp /mnt/data/php.ini /usr/local/etc/php.ini.
Then i created another command: service lighttpd restart, But this does not work.
It only work when i restart the webserver with the webui.
Is there a option te restart the webserver via command script or cron?
You must restart the webserver, not lighttpd. You could modify your postinit command like below

cp /mnt/data/php.ini /usr/local/etc/php.ini && service websrv restart
To make life easier I will include such a mechanism in the next version of the extension.
Regards
crest

Return to “Extensions / Add-ons”