*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.6928 - released, 11.2 series are soon unsupported!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
Post Reply
User avatar
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru
Posts: 873
Joined: 02 Jul 2012 22:25
Location: Vienna, Austria - GMT+1
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#61

Post by crest » 27 May 2017 07:58

Hello Roman,

Roman wrote:
26 May 2017 18:49
Hi,

have been using nas4free on and off for a few years, but not for the last 2 years or so.
Recently i have decided to resurrect my unused 9.xx system and did a fresh install of N4F 11.0.0.4, including the OBI extension of NextOwncloud 11.
Yesterday i tried to upgrade NextCloud 11 to NC 12, but it did not work.
Just now I tested the upgrade for NC from 11.0.3 to 12.0.0 successfully with the native NC updater, everything went fine (I use the NOC extension with built-in sqlite db) ...

Uninstalled the NextOwncloud extension with "remove Extension" button; the extension was removed from nas4free GUI, but the folders and all files remained.
That's right, but you could remove the application folders inside the extension in the NOC configuration page but anyway the extension folders itself has to be removed manually after removing of the extension.

Then installed theBrig with OBI, and Nextcloud 12 in a jail (with mysql).
Now i have 2 versions of nextcloud running, OBI version 11 (with SQL) :o ...
Right, the extension uses the N4F built-in sqlite db system.

Roman wrote:
27 May 2017 07:21
Deleting all files and folders removed the OBI NC version completely.
Uninstalled NC 12 jail version as well.
...
Now back to reinstalling NC, jail version. :)
Is there going to be an OBI NC installation with mysql?
No, not at the moment ...
I use the sqlite db because for smaller systems sqlite is more than sufficient , but of course it's up to you ;)

Best regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

User avatar
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru
Posts: 873
Joined: 02 Jul 2012 22:25
Location: Vienna, Austria - GMT+1
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#62

Post by crest » 27 May 2017 08:13

Hello kokni,

kokni wrote:
24 May 2017 09:36
As mentioned in the previous message, I am also getting the following when trying to update nextcloud:

May 24 10:33:02 lighttpd[50050]: (mod_fastcgi.c.2543) FastCGI-stderr: thrown in /mnt/cloud/www/updater/index.php on line 514
May 24 10:33:02 lighttpd[50050]: (mod_fastcgi.c.2543) FastCGI-stderr: #2 {main}
May 24 10:33:02 lighttpd[50050]: (mod_fastcgi.c.2543) FastCGI-stderr: #1 /mnt/cloud/www/updater/index.php(1443): Updater->checkForUpdate()
May 24 10:33:02 lighttpd[50050]: (mod_fastcgi.c.2543) FastCGI-stderr: #0 /mnt/cloud/www/updater/index.php(224): Updater->getUpdateServerResponse()
May 24 10:33:02 lighttpd[50050]: (mod_fastcgi.c.2543) FastCGI-stderr: Stack trace:
May 24 10:33:02 lighttpd[50050]: (mod_fastcgi.c.2543) FastCGI-stderr: CApath: none in /mnt/cloud/www/updater/index.php:514
May 24 10:33:02 lighttpd[50050]: (mod_fastcgi.c.2543) FastCGI-stderr: CAfile: /usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt
May 24 10:33:02 lighttpd[50050]: (mod_fastcgi.c.2543) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Could not do request to updater server: error setting certificate verify locations:
I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce this, maybe you should take a look at the NC forums to find a solution for this issue ... :(
For me the NC built-in updater works fine - even with the most recent update from 11.0.3 to 12.0.0 ...

Best regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

doktornotor
Advanced User
Advanced User
Posts: 182
Joined: 16 May 2017 00:22
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#63

Post by doktornotor » 27 May 2017 09:02

There's ca-bundle.crt shipped in resources/config directory (relative to your NC Document Root). You can symlink it to /usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt if that's the place where it's looking for some weird reason. That said, it works just fine here w/o any symlinks.

Roman
NewUser
NewUser
Posts: 8
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 14:10
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#64

Post by Roman » 27 May 2017 17:56

Hi crest,

thanks a lot for the reply.
installed NC 12 with OBI. :)
Should my family grow a lot, i can then upgrade to mysql. :)

I do get one Security and Setup warning:
The PHP Opcache is not properly configured. For better performance we recommend ↗ to use following settings in the php.ini:
opcache.enable=1
opcache.enable_cli=1
opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
opcache.memory_consumption=128
opcache.save_comments=1
opcache.revalidate_freq=1

Can you help?
Thank you,

Roman
11.0.0.4 - Sayyadina (revision 4303) x64-embedded on AMD E-450 APU
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. E45M1-M PRO, 4 x 2T, RaidZ2

doktornotor
Advanced User
Advanced User
Posts: 182
Joined: 16 May 2017 00:22
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#65

Post by doktornotor » 27 May 2017 18:04

That's nothing of concern, can be safely ignored.

creiners
NewUser
NewUser
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Jul 2017 17:21
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#66

Post by creiners » 05 Jul 2017 21:48

I am getting the same issue as Roman, however, I am not seeing any files nor am I seeing a button to add files. I do see that it creates a few default files. Looking in the actual directory through the cli, they are there but nothing shows in the web. I have tried several browsers as well.

Any thoughts?

doktornotor
Advanced User
Advanced User
Posts: 182
Joined: 16 May 2017 00:22
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#67

Post by doktornotor » 13 Aug 2017 15:38

The build-in updater does not work until you create a symlink:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt -> /usr/local/etc/ssl/cert.pem

User avatar
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru
Posts: 873
Joined: 02 Jul 2012 22:25
Location: Vienna, Austria - GMT+1
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#68

Post by crest » 25 Aug 2017 07:18

doktornotor wrote:
13 Aug 2017 15:38
The build-in updater does not work until you create a symlink:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt -> /usr/local/etc/ssl/cert.pem
Thank you for your contribution, the patch is included in the new version of the extension.

Best regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

User avatar
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru
Posts: 873
Joined: 02 Jul 2012 22:25
Location: Vienna, Austria - GMT+1
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#69

Post by crest » 25 Aug 2017 07:20

Hello all,

there is a new release (v0.3.2) of this extension available => [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud.
UPDATES CAN BE DONE DIRECTLY VIA THE WEBGUI (Extension Maintenance Tab).
For a list of changes take a look at the Version History.

The translations base file on Launchpad has been updated - please proceed to (Next)OwnCloud on Launchpad for translation!

If someone wants to contribute to extension translations please refer to this topic => Translations for Extensions

Regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

doktornotor
Advanced User
Advanced User
Posts: 182
Joined: 16 May 2017 00:22
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#70

Post by doktornotor » 25 Aug 2017 10:59

crest wrote:
25 Aug 2017 07:18
Thank you for your contribution, the patch is included in the new version of the extension.
You are welcome, and thanks!

User avatar
Toobie
Starter
Starter
Posts: 35
Joined: 16 Jun 2015 12:54
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#71

Post by Toobie » 27 Aug 2017 17:49

hey there,

thank you for the script - works good now after some installation troubles.
I have one question, I tried to upload a testfile into the nextcloud system server without success..

Any idea?
Screenshot_2017-08-27-17-42-57-648_com.nextcloud.client.png
Okay, the log said:
Temporary directory /mnt/intern_raid/owncloud is not present or writable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru
Posts: 873
Joined: 02 Jul 2012 22:25
Location: Vienna, Austria - GMT+1
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#72

Post by crest » 08 Sep 2017 07:04

Toobie wrote:
27 Aug 2017 17:49
hey there,

thank you for the script - works good now after some installation troubles.
I have one question, I tried to upload a testfile into the nextcloud system server without success..

Any idea?
Screenshot_2017-08-27-17-42-57-648_com.nextcloud.client.png

Okay, the log said:
Temporary directory /mnt/intern_raid/owncloud is not present or writable
Please show the permissions of /mnt/intern_raid/owncloud
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

Impulse1
Starter
Starter
Posts: 32
Joined: 06 Jul 2012 06:01
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#73

Post by Impulse1 » 12 Sep 2017 05:57

Has anyone had issues with syncing through the desktop app? I'm running a Mac and the connection keeps dropping and I can't seem to be able to complete a sync. I never had an issue on my previous NAS4Free 10.2 build running owncloud in a jail.
Owncloud Screencapture.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru
Posts: 873
Joined: 02 Jul 2012 22:25
Location: Vienna, Austria - GMT+1
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#74

Post by crest » 13 Sep 2017 05:51

Hello Impulse1,
Impulse1 wrote:
12 Sep 2017 05:57
Has anyone had issues with syncing through the desktop app? I'm running a Mac and the connection keeps dropping and I can't seem to be able to complete a sync. I never had an issue on my previous NAS4Free 10.2 build running owncloud in a jail.

Owncloud Screencapture.png
Did you upgrade N4F? Which version are you running now and which version of ownCloud did you use in the jail and now (I suppose the most recent 10.0.2.1) with the extension?

Regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

chachi420
Starter
Starter
Posts: 74
Joined: 26 May 2014 22:35
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#75

Post by chachi420 » 14 Sep 2017 07:49

when I try to add nextcloud to my android phone using public IP address, it says unknown error occurred. And if I try to access it using chrome on my android device, it brings up this box saying the whole thing regarding "You are accessing this server from untrusted domain..." and when I click the button on the bottom that says "Add IP-ADDRESS as trusted domain", nothing happens. What do I need to do here?

User avatar
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru
Posts: 873
Joined: 02 Jul 2012 22:25
Location: Vienna, Austria - GMT+1
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#76

Post by crest » 14 Sep 2017 08:47

Hello chachi420,

This is a wide world ... ;)

chachi420 wrote:
14 Sep 2017 07:49
when I try to add nextcloud to my android phone using public IP address, it says unknown error occurred.
Do you own a fixed public IP@ or do you use a Dynamic DNS servcice? In both cases you have to forward TCP calls from your router to the server which runs Nextcloud.

And if I try to access it using chrome on my android device, it brings up this box saying the whole thing regarding "You are accessing this server from untrusted domain..." and when I click the button on the bottom that says "Add IP-ADDRESS as trusted domain", nothing happens. What do I need to do here?
You have to add your public IP@ / your Domain to the Nextcloud config file in .../nextcloud/config/config.php, e.g.:

Code: Select all

...
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => '192.168.0.250:80',						... <= for your local access, set by Nextcloud installer
    1 => 'YourPublicIPAddressOrYourDomain:YourRouterForwardingPort',	... <= you must add this manually, e.g. with the N4F WebGUI editor
  ),
...
I would recommend to read the Nextcloud User Manual => https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/user_manual/
and the Nextcloud Admin manual => https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/admin_manual/
which can give you a lot of support ...

Regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

Impulse1
Starter
Starter
Posts: 32
Joined: 06 Jul 2012 06:01
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#77

Post by Impulse1 » 14 Sep 2017 17:06

crest wrote:Hello Impulse1,
Impulse1 wrote:
12 Sep 2017 05:57
Has anyone had issues with syncing through the desktop app? I'm running a Mac and the connection keeps dropping and I can't seem to be able to complete a sync. I never had an issue on my previous NAS4Free 10.2 build running owncloud in a jail.

Owncloud Screencapture.png
Did you upgrade N4F? Which version are you running now and which version of ownCloud did you use in the jail and now (I suppose the most recent 10.0.2.1) with the extension?

Regards
crest
Yea I upgraded N4F to the latest release (11.xx). I believe my jailed version of Owncloud was version 9.xxx.

I switched over to trying out the one button version of Owncloud because I couldn't get the jail to start after the upgrade to N4F 11 from N4F 10.2. Not sure what the issue was, as the Plex Jail started just fine and is still functioning. All jails were created in The Brig as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I'm gone for work for 2 weeks though, so I'll be a little slow testing new solutions.

User avatar
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru
Posts: 873
Joined: 02 Jul 2012 22:25
Location: Vienna, Austria - GMT+1
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#78

Post by crest » 14 Sep 2017 19:13

Impulse1 wrote:
14 Sep 2017 17:06
crest wrote:Hello Impulse1,
Impulse1 wrote:
12 Sep 2017 05:57
Has anyone had issues with syncing through the desktop app? I'm running a Mac and the connection keeps dropping and I can't seem to be able to complete a sync. I never had an issue on my previous NAS4Free 10.2 build running owncloud in a jail.

Owncloud Screencapture.png
Did you upgrade N4F? Which version are you running now and which version of ownCloud did you use in the jail and now (I suppose the most recent 10.0.2.1) with the extension?

Regards
crest
Yea I upgraded N4F to the latest release (11.xx). I believe my jailed version of Owncloud was version 9.xxx.

I switched over to trying out the one button version of Owncloud because I couldn't get the jail to start after the upgrade to N4F 11 from N4F 10.2. Not sure what the issue was, as the Plex Jail started just fine and is still functioning. All jails were created in The Brig as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I'm gone for work for 2 weeks though, so I'll be a little slow testing new solutions.
Did you try to update the ownCloud client, maybe it's an obsolete version, OBI installs the most recent server version (=> currently 10.0.2.1).
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

chachi420
Starter
Starter
Posts: 74
Joined: 26 May 2014 22:35
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#79

Post by chachi420 » 15 Sep 2017 19:36

crest wrote:
14 Sep 2017 08:47
Hello chachi420,

This is a wide world ... ;)

chachi420 wrote:
14 Sep 2017 07:49
when I try to add nextcloud to my android phone using public IP address, it says unknown error occurred.
Do you own a fixed public IP@ or do you use a Dynamic DNS servcice? In both cases you have to forward TCP calls from your router to the server which runs Nextcloud.

And if I try to access it using chrome on my android device, it brings up this box saying the whole thing regarding "You are accessing this server from untrusted domain..." and when I click the button on the bottom that says "Add IP-ADDRESS as trusted domain", nothing happens. What do I need to do here?
You have to add your public IP@ / your Domain to the Nextcloud config file in .../nextcloud/config/config.php, e.g.:

Code: Select all

...
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => '192.168.0.250:80',						... <= for your local access, set by Nextcloud installer
    1 => 'YourPublicIPAddressOrYourDomain:YourRouterForwardingPort',	... <= you must add this manually, e.g. with the N4F WebGUI editor
  ),
...
I would recommend to read the Nextcloud User Manual => https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/user_manual/
and the Nextcloud Admin manual => https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/admin_manual/
which can give you a lot of support ...

Regards
crest
Thank you so much for your reply. So basically what happened was that i researched before you sent me this ans and i came across the same thing and changed the settings accordingly and it worked but my question now is that i still remember setting up nextcloud about 2 weeks ago and i didnt even need to add any trusted domains and it worked remotely just by adding my public ip address but this time i had to add it in trusted domain only then it worked. How come?

User avatar
Toobie
Starter
Starter
Posts: 35
Joined: 16 Jun 2015 12:54
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#80

Post by Toobie » 17 Sep 2017 22:17

crest wrote:
08 Sep 2017 07:04
Toobie wrote:
27 Aug 2017 17:49
hey there,

thank you for the script - works good now after some installation troubles.
I have one question, I tried to upload a testfile into the nextcloud system server without success..

Any idea?
Screenshot_2017-08-27-17-42-57-648_com.nextcloud.client.png

Okay, the log said:
Temporary directory /mnt/intern_raid/owncloud is not present or writable
Please show the permissions of /mnt/intern_raid/owncloud
I found the error on my own - thank you.

But I have a strange log file error:
Sabre\DAV\Exception\Conflict: Parent node does not exist

Impulse1
Starter
Starter
Posts: 32
Joined: 06 Jul 2012 06:01
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#81

Post by Impulse1 » 06 Oct 2017 18:36

crest wrote:
14 Sep 2017 19:13
Did you try to update the ownCloud client, maybe it's an obsolete version, OBI installs the most recent server version (=> currently 10.0.2.1).
Alright, I've made it home and tried a few things. Installed the most recent desktop clients on a MAC, Windows 10 and Linux OS and all of them have sync issues similar to the error I posted above. Oddly enough, they've synced 8.2Mb of 600Mb in my OwnCloud folders.. Not sure why they only synced a few small files and then crapped out on everything else.

I also noticed the below error with my OwnCloud Extension. Is there a specific directory or permissions that I need to have for my owncloud DATA folder?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4921
Joined: 22 Jun 2012 22:13
Location: Madrid (ESPAÑA)
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#82

Post by raulfg3 » 07 Oct 2017 09:42

Impulse1 wrote:
06 Oct 2017 18:36
crest wrote:
14 Sep 2017 19:13
Did you try to update the ownCloud client, maybe it's an obsolete version, OBI installs the most recent server version (=> currently 10.0.2.1).
Alright, I've made it home and tried a few things. Installed the most recent desktop clients on a MAC, Windows 10 and Linux OS and all of them have sync issues similar to the error I posted above. Oddly enough, they've synced 8.2Mb of 600Mb in my OwnCloud folders.. Not sure why they only synced a few small files and then crapped out on everything else.

I also noticed the below error with my OwnCloud Extension. Is there a specific directory or permissions that I need to have for my owncloud DATA folder?
you NEVER share /mnt , YOU need to share /mnt/YourdataDisk/Yourownclodfolder

I assume that /mnt/Owncloud is NOT your data disk, so you are sharing your boot disk and this cause your problems.
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

Impulse1
Starter
Starter
Posts: 32
Joined: 06 Jul 2012 06:01
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#83

Post by Impulse1 » 10 Oct 2017 12:53

raulfg3 wrote:
07 Oct 2017 09:42

you NEVER share /mnt , YOU need to share /mnt/YourdataDisk/Yourownclodfolder

I assume that /mnt/Owncloud is NOT your data disk, so you are sharing your boot disk and this cause your problems.
Alright, this harks back to another problem I made for myself during my initial setup of NAS4Free a few years ago... /mnt is my disk, I don't have a subdirectory for my pool.. I've asked before in another part of the forums, but never got an answer at the time, is there a way to migrate my root directory without the risk of loss of data and config settings? Up until now, I haven't run into any issues with it, so never worried about fixing it.

User avatar
raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4921
Joined: 22 Jun 2012 22:13
Location: Madrid (ESPAÑA)
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#84

Post by raulfg3 » 10 Oct 2017 16:32

Impulse1 wrote:
10 Oct 2017 12:53
raulfg3 wrote:
07 Oct 2017 09:42

you NEVER share /mnt , YOU need to share /mnt/YourdataDisk/Yourownclodfolder

I assume that /mnt/Owncloud is NOT your data disk, so you are sharing your boot disk and this cause your problems.
Alright, this harks back to another problem I made for myself during my initial setup of NAS4Free a few years ago... /mnt is my disk, I don't have a subdirectory for my pool.. I've asked before in another part of the forums, but never got an answer at the time, is there a way to migrate my root directory without the risk of loss of data and config settings? Up until now, I haven't run into any issues with it, so never worried about fixing it.
yes is possible, please provide more info about your install and your mount in a new thread, and i'll try to help you to correct it
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

plinni
NewUser
NewUser
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Dec 2017 13:16
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#85

Post by plinni » 02 Dec 2017 13:26

Hi,

I'm currently trying to install nextcloud, but as soon as I want to save the configuration, I get the following error:
Error_Nextcloud_Configuration.JPG
My setup of the webserver and the NextOwnCloud plugin is the following:
Setup_Webserver.JPG
Setup_Nextcloud.JPG
I tried to figure out what's happening in the mentioned files (e. g. "/owncloud-config.php on line 144") but was not able to solve it.
Any ideas on that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4921
Joined: 22 Jun 2012 22:13
Location: Madrid (ESPAÑA)
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#86

Post by raulfg3 » 02 Dec 2017 18:52

plinni wrote:
02 Dec 2017 13:26
I tried to figure out what's happening in the mentioned files (e. g. "/owncloud-config.php on line 144") but was not able to solve it.
Any ideas on that?
yes. please post how you have configured your disk. (data structure and path to your shared folders)

/mnt/Data must be your data disk and /mnt/web must be a disk too so probably this do not happens on your install.

If your data disk pool is for example /mnt/mypool you must install OBI and nextcloud below this data path, eg /mnt/mypool/OBI and /mnt/mypool/OBI/Nextcloud

so your webroot must be : /mnt/mypool/OBI/NextCloud/mywebroot

your actual problem probably is that do not use apropiate paht so you do not have permmision to write on it ( to write on /mnt/web ).
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

plinni
NewUser
NewUser
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Dec 2017 13:16
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#87

Post by plinni » 03 Dec 2017 18:16

Thanks for the advice. I set the path structure to /mnt/data/... (e. g. /mnt/data/web/nextcloud). When I try to save the configuration for nextcloud, I still get this error message. Oddly enough, I'm able to install nextcloud.

EDIT: The data folder of nextcloud is not set correctly.

pvd1425
NewUser
NewUser
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Jan 2016 16:28
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#88

Post by pvd1425 » 13 Jan 2018 17:16

Great work! Thank you Crest. I have been using N4F for a number of years, yet , only came across OBI recently. I installed NOC sucessfully, but when I open the gui I get, "This version of ownCloud is not compatible with PHP 7.2. You are currently running 7.2.1." I am running 11.1.0.4 - Atomics (revision 5065). Help, please?

User avatar
raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4921
Joined: 22 Jun 2012 22:13
Location: Madrid (ESPAÑA)
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#89

Post by raulfg3 » 13 Jan 2018 18:00

No help possible. You need to revert to old N4F
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

pvd1425
NewUser
NewUser
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Jan 2016 16:28
Status: Offline

Re: [EXTENSION] NextOwnCloud

#90

Post by pvd1425 » 15 Jan 2018 20:48

Thank you for responding. Much obliged.

Post Reply

Return to “Extensions / Add-ons”