*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-04-05: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7509 - released

*New 11.3 series Release:
2020-04-05: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7509 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Emby for xigmanas?

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
kilroy
NewUser
NewUser

Emby for xigmanas?

Post by kilroy »

Anyone working on a plugin/extention of the Emby server for xigma?
I know it can be done in a jail etc but a real extension would be awesome.

I have tested Plex but it seems to have alot of transcoding issues which according to some emby does not.

/kilroy

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: Emby for xigmanas?

Post by crest »

kilroy wrote:
31 Jul 2018 13:58
Anyone working on a plugin/extention of the Emby server for xigma?
I know it can be done in a jail etc but a real extension would be awesome.

I have tested Plex but it seems to have alot of transcoding issues which according to some emby does not.

/kilroy
Hello Kilroy,

at the moment I'm quite sure there is nobody working on this. since there is a Plex extension which is IMHO heavily used maybe someone can help if you ask in the appropriate thread, sorry.

Regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

Nozza
NewUser
NewUser

Post by Nozza »

I'm sure the Plex extension could be easily adapted to get Emby going especially with their recent BSD package which I've been running in a jail and have been using a script I threw together a while ago to update manually as needed.
I can maybe look in to it throwing an extension together but rather limited on time with Uni currently (I also like running my stuff in Jails over using extensions which is just a personal preference so definitely not a priority in my books but it'd be cool to have a play with :P) so no promises from me!
NAS: 11.1.0.4 - Atomics (revision 5606) x64-full on Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 4.20GHz | RAM: 64GB (4x8GB) | Storage: 12 x 6TB WD RED RAIDZ2 + 2 x 512GB SSD Drives
My misc BSD related scripts and such: Github (I will eventually get around to pushing updates to these one day) | Nextcloud in Jail

wbravin
Starter
Starter

Post by wbravin »

Hello Nozza Brilliant Idea.

I'n by no means a programmer and coding in a terminal window scare the living hell out of me. Over the past week I have been trying to install emby on N4F.
Now a background:
running Xigmanas 11.2 all is running fine. I use ti to store my media files so i can play them from any room i'm in. Hence I decide to install emby (because its free as compared to PLEX) In reading through the various forums all are taking about installing emby in a jail via OBI or the brig. I finally installed OBI and through it the brig. fine, Now I'm lost. I know that ti need to download emby for NAS and send it to the jail then What?

your suggestion is perfect for gumbys like me Between the group of Xigmanas and that of emby should be able to develop such an extension. If I were more savvy and experienced and BTWV I do have time available (this is why i create my own problems) i would put one together
Server = ASUS M5A97 MB 16GB ram 13TB of WD RED running Nas4free 11.2.0.4 to mange media and documents. And it works perfectly until i screw it up LOL :twisted:

tdiaz
Starter
Starter

Post by tdiaz »

Emby works brilliantly ... Though the best way to install it is via Jail, as you will want to compile some stuff and it's just a big huge hassle to do all of that on the stripped down install that Xigmanas is based on.

The directions for FreeBSD work just as they are, once you've got the Jail going. Emby has since come out with a newer FreeBSD package which is even simpler.

Return to “Extensions / Add-ons”