*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-03-24: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7389 - released

*New 11.3 series Release:
2020-03-24: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7383 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

UDPXY - possible?

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
dmdrl
NewUser
NewUser

UDPXY - possible?

Post by dmdrl »

Hi everyone,
I have replaced my router to mikrotik and unfortunately there is no udp proxy service available for it at this moment.
The first thought was to install it on the running xigmanas server which is running 24/7, however i didn't find any topic.
The only mention was by crest long time ago so I assume it is possible.

Any help or guide how to implement it without jail will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

BR,
Andrey

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: UDPXY - possible?

Post by crest »

Hello dmdrl,
dmdrl wrote:
10 Apr 2019 12:02
Hi everyone,
I have replaced my router to mikrotik and unfortunately there is no udp proxy service available for it at this moment.
The first thought was to install it on the running xigmanas server which is running 24/7, however i didn't find any topic.
The only mention was by crest long time ago so I assume it is possible.

Any help or guide how to implement it without jail will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

BR,
Andrey
Sorry for the late response :oops:

Yes, was running udpxy many years ago without jail but than I decided to leave udpxy alone and started with tvheadend server on a Raspberry Pi - which I really would propose since this tiny little beast (still the old B+ running even with HD TV without any problems) is consuming almost no power and running 24/7 while my servers I start only on demand ...

Regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

dmdrl
NewUser
NewUser

Re: UDPXY - possible?

Post by dmdrl »

Dear crest,
Thanks four your reply.
My xigmanas is running 24/7 so I just installed ubuntu server as VM on it with some services running along with updxy.
However i hope that udpxy will be available out of the box in XigmaNAS sometime.

cheers.

Return to “Extensions / Add-ons”