*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-03-24: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7389 - released

*New 11.3 series Release:
2020-03-24: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7383 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

OBI - MySQL extension

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
ZiEg
experienced User
experienced User

OBI - MySQL extension

Post by ZiEg »

Hi all,
I get into an issue after installation of OBI (Thanks sleid & crest)

I active extension MySQL, everything is find and service starts, with PID, perfect.
I configure web server in order to get acces to adminer, OK

My problem starts here.
  • If I DONT activate MYSQL (without checking enable on the right side), I get acces to adminer in webserver
  • If I active MySQL (by ticking enable) adminer is then removed.
Did I miss something ???

So, without ticking enable, I get acces to adminer, I try to log with mysqladmin for logging and password

Code: Select all

Note: 
Default database administrator is set to mysqladmin with password mysqladmin.
I receive the wonderfull message :

The server requested authentication method unknown to the client
Did I miss something else ???
NAS 1 : Version 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (revision 6625) x64-full on Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G840 @ 2.80GHz
MSI B75A-G43 (MS-7758) w/ BIOS American Megatrends Inc. version: V10.5 10/12/2012

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: OBI - MySQL extension

Post by crest »

Hello ZiEg,
ZiEg wrote:
24 Apr 2019 09:03
Hi all,
I get into an issue after installation of OBI (Thanks sleid & crest)

I active extension MySQL, everything is find and service starts, with PID, perfect.
I configure web server in order to get acces to adminer, OK

My problem starts here.
  • If I DONT activate MYSQL (without checking enable on the right side), I get acces to adminer in webserver
  • If I active MySQL (by ticking enable) adminer is then removed.
Did I miss something ???

So, without ticking enable, I get acces to adminer, I try to log with mysqladmin for logging and password

Note: 
Default database administrator is set to mysqladmin with password mysqladmin.
I receive the wonderfull message :

The server requested authentication method unknown to the client
Did I miss something else ???
Which extension version are you running?
To which location (webroot) and user did you set the webserver?

I'm for some days out without access to my server but maybe you could try the following:
- enable the extension AND the Adminer box and hit save
After successful saving (no error message regarding the webserver) check if MySql is running and if you have access to adminer. If no, disable the Adminer checkbox and hit save and tick the checkbox and hit save again (leave MySQL checkbox enabled all the time!).
- If you still have no access check your webroot folder if there is a subdirectory /YourWebRoot/adminer and the file index.php - if no copy the directory adminer from /Your/MySql/extensiondirectory to your webroot directory and change the owner of the directory and the file to 'www' and change the permission to '775'.
Than you should be able to access adminer in your browser directly with http//YourIPAddress/adminer (or https dependend on your webserver settings).

Hope this helps, regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

Return to “Extensions / Add-ons”