*New 11.4 series Release:
2020-07-03: XigmaNAS 11.4.0.4.7633 - released!

*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-04-17: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7542 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[EXTENSION] BitTorrent Sync (Resilio Sync)

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: [EXTENSION] BitTorrent Sync

Post by crest »

ernie wrote:Hello
How do you install directly the version 2 ?
Do you modify the php file for installation ?
As mentioned before it worked in both ways, as an update from 1.4xx and also as a fresh install. I didn't modify any of the extension files, just replaced the original download URL with the new one for 2.x (as described here => viewtopic.php?f=71&t=5704&start=125#p53542

So I would suggest to
- remove the BTS extension via the extension maintenance tab,
- delete the btsync directory from your disk and
- perform a fresh install of the BTS extension.
After this go to the extension maintenance tab,
- change the download URL to the new for 2.x and
- push Save URL and than
- do a fetch and install of the new 2.x version and
- restart the BTS extension.
At the first call of the BitTorrent Sync webpage you will be asked some questions, please don't interrupt this step because IMHO this leads to the problem you have!

This should do the trick (hopefully) ;)

Regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

Thanks , it works perfectly now.
NAS 1&2:
System: GA-6LXGH(BIOS: R01 04/30/2014) / 16 Go ECC
XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4 - Ingva (revision 7542) embedded
NAS1: Xeon E3 1241@3.5GHz, 4HDD@2To/raidz2 (WD red), 3HDD@300Go/sas/raidz1 (Hitachi), 1SSD cache, Zlog on sas mirror
NAS2: G3220@3GHz, 3HDD@2To/raidz1 (Seagate), 1SSD cache, 1HDD@300Go/UFS
UPS: APC Back-UPS RS 900G
Case : Fractal Design XL R2

Extensions & services:
NAS1: OBI (Plex, BTSync, zrep, rclone, themes), nfs, UPS,
NAS2: OBI (zrep (backup mode), themes)

whythelolface
NewUser
NewUser

Post by whythelolface »

I registered to say a massive THANK YOU to crest and everyone who helped with this. This extension works brilliantly and is just what I was looking for. The install instructions were very clear.
Awesome! :D

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

whythelolface wrote:I registered to say a massive THANK YOU to crest and everyone who helped with this. This extension works brilliantly and is just what I was looking for. The install instructions were very clear.
WOW :o :D :D :D Thank you!
Do you use 1.xx or 2.xx of BitTorrent Sync?
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

whythelolface
NewUser
NewUser

Post by whythelolface »

crest wrote:
whythelolface wrote:I registered to say a massive THANK YOU to crest and everyone who helped with this. This extension works brilliantly and is just what I was looking for. The install instructions were very clear.
WOW :o :D :D :D Thank you!
Do you use 1.xx or 2.xx of BitTorrent Sync?
No problem, I'm sure many people are very thankful also!
Installed last week with 1.4.x, just updated to 2.0.128 using the GUI in N4F. Still works great, syncing one on-site backup server to an off-site backup server (one-way). For some reason it seems to be hitting a 30MB/s ceiling over gigabit ethernet, but that's an issue with Btsync I think.
Our data flow is: studio server to on-site backup server via rsync (nightly), on-site backup server to off-site backup server via Btsync. Offsite backup gets brought on-site for large syncs and then taken away.
The on-site N4F server now has 319 days uptime using nightly rsync and occasional SMB access.
Rock solid system so far! :D

whythelolface
NewUser
NewUser

Post by whythelolface »

Hey guys.

Sorry to bump this! my btsync service crashes every now and then (mostly after 100% load after a few hours), but works fine when manually restarted via n4f gui.

Does anyone know the command line to start/stop/restart the btsync service?
I'm about to create an hourly crontab to check status and start the service if it's stopped, and the usual sudo service doesn't work, guessing because its not part of the embedded install.

Thanks!

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

Hi whythelolface,
whythelolface wrote: Sorry to bump this! my btsync service crashes every now and then (mostly after 100% load after a few hours), but works fine when manually restarted via n4f gui.
Which BTSync (1.4.x, 2.x) and N4F version do you use? You can find the version in the N4F WebGUI at BTS extension page -> Extensions|BitTorrent Sync
Take a look at the log of the BTS extension -> Extensions|BitTorrent Sync|Log, maybe you can find there a reason for the crashes.
whythelolface wrote: Does anyone know the command line to start/stop/restart the btsync service?
I'm about to create an hourly crontab to check status and start the service if it's stopped, and the usual sudo service doesn't work, guessing because its not part of the embedded install.
You could do this but it would be better to debug the reason for the crashes - but anyway you should use the command which is generated by the BTS extension. To restart BTSync regularly by cron is easy following these steps:
  1. open BTS page Extensions|BitTorrent Sync 0.6.4.2|Maintenance in the N4F WebGUI and activate the daily schedule -> enable, choose a startup and closedown hour and hit Save and Restart - cron jobs will be generated
  2. open System|Advanced|Cron and change the entry for BitTorrent Sync startup (@ x:xx) - here you can choose how often the job should be performed, than hit Save and Apply changes and you are done
  3. if you don't want to closedown BTSync at all just delete the job BitTorrent Sync closedown (@ x:xx) in the cron entry list ...
Regards
crest

whythelolface
NewUser
NewUser

Post by whythelolface »

Thank you crest for such a detailed response, I owe you a beer if I'm ever in Vienna :D .

I didn't think the gui would allow me to do this, great work!

As far as I can see, the log is only capturing a day of events, so when I next catch the crash on the same day I will post the full details here.

Cronning it every hour is a little brute, but I'm sure it will work for now - it's the second backup so not completely mission critical.

Thanks again!

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

whythelolface wrote: Thank you crest for such a detailed response, I owe you a beer if I'm ever in Vienna :D .
I know a lot of good pubs in Vienna ... :lol:
whythelolface wrote: I didn't think the gui would allow me to do this, great work!

As far as I can see, the log is only capturing a day of events, so when I next catch the crash on the same day I will post the full details here.

Cronning it every hour is a little brute, but I'm sure it will work for now - it's the second backup so not completely mission critical.

Thanks again!
Did you check the BTSync forum for similar problem reports?

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

Due to the changes of the policy for BitTorrent Sync 2.2 of the BitTorrent guys (dropped some restrictions for non-paid 2.x version) => Introducing BitTorrent Sync 2.2 I updated the installation guide in the first post of this thread => [EXTENSION] BitTorrent Sync to let the users of the extension easily choose which version (1.4.x or 2.x) to install => see item 5 in the installation procedure.

Regards
crest

senovr
NewUser
NewUser

Post by senovr »

Crest,
Is there any chance to get support of arm architecture (odroid C1) by your extension?
Or it is limitation of BTSync itself?
Trying to get it installed on the box, and got a message that architecture is not supported :(
Thnx

MikeMac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeMac »

senovr wrote:Or it is limitation of BTSync itself?
Yes, BTSync is close source proprietary commercial software, that was not released on arm freeBSD. See https://www.getsync.com/platforms/desktop

But we all have opensource, free alternative - syncthing. From the box in nas4free. I have just tested one both on my arm (odroid c1) and x64 NAS - works fine, installation and configuration procedure is exactly the same on both architectures.

mandadila
NewUser
NewUser

Post by mandadila »

Does anyone else experience the following error with 'btsync-2.3' and was able to solve it?

Code: Select all

Error while parsing config file: Invalid key 'max_file_size_diff_for_patching'
I did not change anything under advanced settings. When i use 'btsync-2.0.128' everything workes fine.
I'm using 'NAS4Free 10.2.0.2' on a embeded installation with 'BitTorrent Sync Extension 0.6.4.2'

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

Hello mandadila,
mandadila wrote:Does anyone else experience the following error with 'btsync-2.3' and was able to solve it?

Error while parsing config file: Invalid key 'max_file_size_diff_for_patching'
I did not change anything under advanced settings. When i use 'btsync-2.0.128' everything workes fine.
I'm using 'NAS4Free 10.2.0.2' on a embeded installation with 'BitTorrent Sync Extension 0.6.4.2'
You can either
- revert to a previously backuped release 2.0.128 (under the Mainenance tab in the BTS extension) or
- edit the BitTorrent Sync config file with the builtin editor of N4F (copy and past the config file including the whole path - you can find it at the bottom of the configuration page of the BTS extension)
  • open the file and go down to the line which holds the key max_file_size_diff_for_patching
  • delete the whole line
  • save the file and
  • perform the command /Path/To/Your/Extensions/btsync_start.php (you can find the right command in SYSTEM | ADVANCED | COMMAND SCRIPTS) in Advanced|Execute command in the WebGUI.
NOTE: Don't save & restart BitTorrent Sync via the extension configuration page because this writes again the key to the config file!

The reason for the error is because this key comes from previous BitTorrent Sync releases and is obviously no longer supported (and NOT ignored for some reasons) ...

I will update the extension in a few days to solve the problem.

Regards
crest

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

Hello all,

there is a new version (0.7) of this extension available => [EXTENSION] BitTorrent Sync
UPDATES CAN BE DONE DIRECTLY VIA THE WEBGUI (Extension Maintenance Tab).
For a list of changes take a look at the Version History.

Best regards
crest

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

Hello

Btsync is working : I can save documents from iPhone.

But I see now that the menu bt sync disappeared in the menu extension. I don t know when and why. I see this today as I decided to update.

The interface of nas4free is in English, I tried to switch in French as I installed bt sync in this context. Same situation.

How can I solve this without new installation ?

I have different extensions: thebrig, dnsmasq (last installation), rrdgraph, extendedgui and phpvirtualbox.

I use nas4free 9.3.1955

Thanks
NAS 1&2:
NAS1: Xeon E3 1241@3.5GHz, 4HDD@2To/raidz2 (WD red), 3HDD@300Go/sas/raidz1 (Hitachi), 1SSD cache, Zlog on sas mirror

Extensions & services:

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

Hello ernie,
ernie wrote: Btsync is working : I can save documents from iPhone.
But I see now that the menu bt sync disappeared in the menu extension. I don t know when and why. I see this today as I decided to update.
So you mean this was the situation BEFORE you tried to update to 0.7?
Is only BTS affected? Pls send a screenshot of the extension menu as well as the command scripts list ...
The interface of nas4free is in English, I tried to switch in French as I installed bt sync in this context. Same situation.
The language setting has nothing to do with this problem, may be other settings (the order) in your command scripts tab affects now the appearance of the extension menu ...

Regards
crest

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

Hello,

Yes it is before update. I see that the extension is not in the menu as I will update.

Here the screenshot:
Capture du 2016-02-05 08-21-07.png
Yes only BTsync is affected.

As dnsmasq was the last installation, I suppose a conflict (not sure as it was perhaps 6 monthes ago). And no modification of the nas after dnsmasq installation as the nas runs very well (except dnsmasq , which doesn't work).

Thanks for your help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NAS 1&2:

Extensions & services:

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

Hello,
ernie wrote: Yes it is before update. I see that the extension is not in the menu as I will update.
Yes only BTsync is affected.
Strange, please could you check if the directory btsync exists in /usr/local/www/ext
screen_20160205_083240.png
if not please try the postinit start command for BTS in the CLI and check again if the menu entry appears
As dnsmasq was the last installation, I suppose a conflict (not sure as it was perhaps 6 monthes ago). And no modification of the nas after dnsmasq installation as the nas runs very well (except dnsmasq , which doesn't work).
Yes, this was also my assumption, was the reason why I tried dnsmasq => viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3002&p=65104#p65104 with partial success but there was no problem with the extension menu entry ...

Please post me your command scripts list too

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

Hello,

Concerning the command script, I have :
Capture du 2016-02-05 11-55-07.png
Concerning /usr/local/www/ext:
Capture du 2016-02-05 11-56-46.png
But I see that the folder btsync is empty.

I think it is not normal.

But in my log I have:
Date & Time User Event
Feb 5 01:00:00 root: btsync: scheduled closedown
Feb 4 18:00:00 root: btsync: scheduled startup
Feb 4 01:00:00 root: btsync: scheduled closedown
Feb 3 18:00:01 root: btsync: scheduled startup

BTsync is scheduled.

I am lost....

I put also what I see in /conf/config.xml

<btsync>
<appname>BitTorrent Sync</appname>
<rootfolder>/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/</rootfolder>
<backupfolder>/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/backup/</backupfolder>
<updatefolder>/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/update/</updatefolder>
<version>0.6.4.2</version>
<architecture>x64</architecture>
<download_url>https://download-cdn.getsyncapp.com/2.0.105/FreeBSD-x64/BitTorrent-Sync_freebsd_x64.tar.gz</download_url>
<previous_url>http://download-new.utorrent.com/endpoint/btsync/os/FreeBSD-x64/track/stable</previous_url>
<product_version>2.0.128</product_version>
<size>4624778</size>
<enable/><who>root</who>
<if>igb0</if>
<ipaddr>xxxxxxxxx</ipaddr>
<port>xxxxxx</port>
<storage_path>/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/.sync/</storage_path>
<command>su root -c '/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/btsync --config /mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/sync.conf'</command>
<schedule_startup>18</schedule_startup>
<schedule_closedown>1</schedule_closedown>
<schedule_uuid_startup>9da5b8a7-851b-4a61-b12a-1ac516e75c4a</schedule_uuid_startup>
<schedule_uuid_closedown>be12bf07-f874-451c-b9bd-e9dc13808e1f</schedule_uuid_closedown>
<enable_schedule/></btsync>
Thanks for your help
NAS 1&2:

Extensions & services:

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

ernie wrote:Hello,

Concerning the command script, I have :
Capture du 2016-02-05 11-55-07.png
The BTS start and stop commands should be in the command scrpit, you lost it somehow ... :?:
Should be similar to this

/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/btsync_start.php  	PostInit 
/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/btsync_stop.php  	Preshutdown
BTsync is scheduled.

I am lost....
Take a look at the cron tab and you will find there the start and stop commands
I put also what I see in /conf/config.xml

<btsync>
<appname>BitTorrent Sync</appname>
<rootfolder>/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/</rootfolder>
<backupfolder>/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/backup/</backupfolder>
<updatefolder>/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/update/</updatefolder>
<version>0.6.4.2</version>
<architecture>x64</architecture>
<download_url>https://download-cdn.getsyncapp.com/2.0.105/FreeBSD-x64/BitTorrent-Sync_freebsd_x64.tar.gz</download_url>
<previous_url>http://download-new.utorrent.com/endpoint/btsync/os/FreeBSD-x64/track/stable</previous_url>
<product_version>2.0.128</product_version>
<size>4624778</size>
<enable/><who>root</who>
<if>igb0</if>
<ipaddr>xxxxxxxxx</ipaddr>
<port>xxxxxx</port>
<storage_path>/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/.sync/</storage_path>
<command>su root -c '/mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/btsync --config /mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/sync.conf'</command>
<schedule_startup>18</schedule_startup>
<schedule_closedown>1</schedule_closedown>
<schedule_uuid_startup>9da5b8a7-851b-4a61-b12a-1ac516e75c4a</schedule_uuid_startup>
<schedule_uuid_closedown>be12bf07-f874-451c-b9bd-e9dc13808e1f</schedule_uuid_closedown>
<enable_schedule/></btsync>
Thanks for your help
Try the command /mnt/pool1/btsync/btsync/btsync_start.php from the CLI, if this isn't successful than you could perform /mnt/pool1/btsync/bts_install.php this should recreate the command scripts entries etc...

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

Hello

Thanks

I tried the command in the CLI and it works.

But in the folder of BTsync I don't have the stop script :
Capture du 2016-02-06 16-58-17.png
Any idea ?
NAS 1&2:

Extensions & services:

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

ernie wrote:Hello

Thanks

I tried the command in the CLI and it works.

But in the folder of BTsync I don't have the stop script :
Capture du 2016-02-06 16-58-17.png
Any idea ?
No problem, there is no stop file needed, I didn't remember ... :oops: sorry

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

No problem and thanks for your help
NAS 1&2:

Extensions & services:

loozhengyuan
Starter
Starter

Post by loozhengyuan »

Hi crest,

I'm having problems unmounting the 'extensions' dataset when I try to shutdown. I checked that command scripts is missing a stop command for BTSync, but that is not only the issue because I don't even see a btsync_stop.php file on my extensions folder. A quick check on your GitHub page also showed that this particular folder is missing. Please advise me, thanks crest!

BT Sync Version: 2.3.7
Extension Version: 0.7

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

Hello loozhengyuan,
loozhengyuan wrote:Hi crest,

I'm having problems unmounting the 'extensions' dataset when I try to shutdown. I checked that command scripts is missing a stop command for BTSync, but that is not only the issue because I don't even see a btsync_stop.php file on my extensions folder. A quick check on your GitHub page also showed that this particular folder is missing. Please advise me, thanks crest!

BT Sync Version: 2.3.7
Extension Version: 0.7
It's (normally) not necessary to explicitly shutdown BTSync to shutdown the server therefore there is no btsync_stop.php file.

In your case how did you discover that a failed unmounting the 'extensions' dataset blocks the shutdown, can you provide a log?

But anyway you could set a

killall btsync
shutdown command in System|Advanced|Command Scripts to verify that BTSync is the guilty guy who blocks the server shutdown. Please let me know if this solves the problem.

Regards
crest

loozhengyuan
Starter
Starter

Post by loozhengyuan »

Hi Crest, thanks for you reply.

I discovered that on the machine's console screen when it stops processes just before shutting down, but it doesn't block the shutdown process. I'm just worried because the unmount failure appears like an error to me.

And I just tried your advice, adding the command removes the error on the console screen. Thanks!

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

loozhengyuan wrote:Hi Crest, thanks for you reply.

I discovered that on the machine's console screen when it stops processes just before shutting down, but it doesn't block the shutdown process. I'm just worried because the unmount failure appears like an error to me.

And I just tried your advice, adding the command removes the error on the console screen. Thanks!
Thanks, I will add a BTSync stop command to the next extension version.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest »

BTS is now on Launchpad - if someone wants to contribute please go to BitTorrent Sync on Launchpad for translations!

darioml
Starter
Starter

Post by darioml »

Hi.

I'm trying to install BitTorrent Sync from the OneButtonInstaller 0.3.3, but I get the following error at:

192.168.0.11/one buttoninstaller.php

Executable file "btsync" not found. Installation aborted!

Is it broken?

Thanks!

Return to “Extensions / Add-ons”