*New 12.1 series Release:
2019-11-08: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7091 - released!

*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[EXTENSION] Extended GUI

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Re: [EXTENSION] Extended GUI ***PHP 7.1 aware***

Post by crest » 18 Mar 2017 08:42

Hello NeilP,

NeilP wrote:
15 Mar 2017 11:27
crest wrote:
16 Apr 2014 08:27

The extension affects STATUS | SYSTEM view and serves additional functionality like Samba/CIFS purge, USB drive automount, alarm notifications and history, and many more (a list of all features which are included in this extension one can find below in CONTENT) as well as DIAGNOSTICS | LOG which got a new entry NOTIFICATIONS for extension related notofications.
regarding the USB drive Automount.
how does that work?

I just plugged in a few different External USB HDD's and see no update on the Status page, I do not see any auto mountain happening

I did try both a FAT formatted drive and a Mac OS X Extend format HDD..can see and add the FAT drive in the usual manner..but can't work our what format to use in the drop down to allow the OSX Extended format drive to be mounted.

Did you enable USB Automount?
I suppose not - just open Extensions > Extended GUI 0.6.2 > Tools, tick enable USB Automount and hit save, after that you can insert USB sticks and on Status | System you will see (after one minute or the System calls service delay time you have set up in Extensions > Extended GUI 0.6.2 > Configuration) the mounted USB device(s). Here you will have two additional buttons Unmount / Mount USB drives.

Please obey the Prerequisites and note on Extensions > Extended GUI 0.6.2 > Tools > USB Automount for the usage!

Regards
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 550G
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

NeilP
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by NeilP » 18 Mar 2017 09:21

I have just edited this post as , I thought it was working , but no, ..at least not as I was expecting..but this is probably more due to my expectations.

I was thinking ''Mount' as in Disk Management Mount Points. I think I was wanting too much..I was thinking it would also appear in HDD Management and Mount point pages.

It seems to 'fight ' with the Disk Management Mount Point Page.

Yes I did read and enable it before...this is a very familiar statement. I remember reading it and creating the "XYZ.mounted" file
Alternatively one can create a file in the root directory of each USB drive with the extension '*.mounted' (e.g. USB2000GB.mounted)
I was setting this up for some one with no ability for this sort of stuff and she want to use External USB drives...well the box wont support any internal drives..a really small micro box.

Need to 'play with it further to see what it 'does'

NeilP
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by NeilP » 18 Mar 2017 11:04

I think the issue is more the way that FreeBSD N4F handles the USB devices...

Clicking the Mount Button gives a different result each time, but never shows all the USB drives .

The machine has one USB boot stick da0 two other USB sticks and two USB HDD's, so 5 USB devices in total. da2 never appears except in the Disk management ' Add HDD page.

Think I'll just have to tell her that she will have to spend some money and buy another computer off she wants a NAS..USB drives are just not login to be reliable enough for her..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GDixon
Starter
Starter

Post by GDixon » 25 Mar 2017 08:01

hI,
I have a strange problem I hope you can help with

I'm using 11.0.0.4.4109 with updated ext-gui and it all works well together

I added a button using your new shortcut but I have it acting strange.

When I log in or click the home icon to return to the system page or click system from the drop down menu to go to the system page it partially runs the new button scripting. It plays the sound and the drives go to standby but doesn't add anything in the log. Not proper behavior I'm thinking. It shouldn't do any of the former.

EDIT: I also found that clicking any of the existing ext-gui buttons at the footer does the same as above.

Clicking the added new button and it puts both drives in standby, plays the sounds and makes a log entry all as expected. Proper behavior.

What did I screw up in my scripting lol!

Code: Select all

if ($_POST) {
	if (isset($_POST['standby_ada0_ada1']) && $_POST['standby_ada0_ada1']) {  
        mwexec("logger Disks Manually put in Standby!");  
    }

}
?>    

<!-- Buttons will be shown at the end of the Status > System page -->
<div id="submit">
	<input name="standby_ada0_ada1" type="submit" class="formbtn" onclick="<?php exec('/mnt/Data/scripts/ada-0-1_standby');?>" title="<?=gettext("Standy for ada0 and ada1");?>" value="<?=gettext("Standby for ada0 and ada1");?>" />
</div>

Heres the standby script it runs

#!/bin/bash

# CHANGE DEV TO MATCH DRIVE

camcontrol standby ada0

echo L4afgL1cP4 > /dev/speaker

sleep 2

camcontrol standby ada1

echo L4cgaL1f > /dev/speaker
I used your samples/buttons.inc example and made a few changes, left it in the same location after backing the original up.

Greg

EDIT: Also how can I cause the new button to be placed on the same row as the existing ones and in between the mount usb drives and clear alarms?

GDixon
Starter
Starter

Post by GDixon » 27 Mar 2017 08:46

I did a complete format and re installed fresh. I started with r3800 and worked my way up to the latest nightly r4124. I tried about 12 fresh installs with different revisions.
Same happens as above with all, I would have never noticed except I use sounds and logs to check if my scripts run properly and when all is good I usually comment out the sounds and leave very little for a log for future checks.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 28 Mar 2017 09:09

Hello NeilP,
NeilP wrote:
18 Mar 2017 09:21
I have just edited this post as , I thought it was working , but no, ..at least not as I was expecting..but this is probably more due to my expectations.

I was thinking ''Mount' as in Disk Management Mount Points. I think I was wanting too much..I was thinking it would also appear in HDD Management and Mount point pages.

It seems to 'fight ' with the Disk Management Mount Point Page.
The aim for my mount/unmount solution was exactly the opposite, to use USB devices on the fly without creating mount points via the Disk Management Mount Point Page just to use it to copy some files from/to this devices (e.g. performing offsite backups) and after that unmount and remove it.

At the moment the following formats are supported:
cd9660 for CD/DVD
msdosfs for DOS
msdosfs for Primary 'big' DOS (>= 32MB)
ntfs for HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
msdosfs for W95 FAT32
msdosfs for W95 FAT32 (LBA)
ntfs-3g for NTFS
ext2fs for Linux
ufs for FreeBSD
ntfs for GPT
exfat for exFAT

Regrads
crest
NAS1: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI 760GM-P23; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 7.58GiB RAM
NAS2: 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (Revision 6766) x64-embedded; MSI MS-7369; AMD Sempron(tm) LE-1250 8022MiB RAM
Extensions: OneButtonInstaller, Extended GUI, NextOwnCloud, BitTorrent Sync, Syncthing, Downloady, Midnight Commander, NCDU, MySQL, Rclone, Themes:

NeilP
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by NeilP » 28 Mar 2017 09:17

Ah, OK got it.

Thanks for the explanation.

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 28 Mar 2017 09:40

Hello GDixon,

GDixon wrote:
25 Mar 2017 08:01
hI,
I have a strange problem I hope you can help with

I'm using 11.0.0.4.4109 with updated ext-gui and it all works well together

I added a button using your new shortcut but I have it acting strange.

When I log in or click the home icon to return to the system page or click system from the drop down menu to go to the system page it partially runs the new button scripting. It plays the sound and the drives go to standby but doesn't add anything in the log. Not proper behavior I'm thinking. It shouldn't do any of the former.

EDIT: I also found that clicking any of the existing ext-gui buttons at the footer does the same as above.

Clicking the added new button and it puts both drives in standby, plays the sounds and makes a log entry all as expected. Proper behavior.

What did I screw up in my scripting lol!

if ($_POST) {
	if (isset($_POST['standby_ada0_ada1']) && $_POST['standby_ada0_ada1']) {  
    }

}
?>    

<div id="submit">
	<input name="standby_ada0_ada1" type="submit" class="formbtn" onclick="<?php exec('/mnt/Data/scripts/ada-0-1_standby');?>" title="<?=gettext("Standy for ada0 and ada1");?>" value="<?=gettext("Standby for ada0 and ada1");?>" />
</div>

Maybe I didn't get what you meant but you could leave the whole if ($_POST) { ... part away and call the

logger "Disks Manually put in Standby!"
directly in your standby script at the very end ...

I used your samples/buttons.inc example and made a few changes, left it in the same location after backing the original up.

Greg

EDIT: Also how can I cause the new button to be placed on the same row as the existing ones and in between the mount usb drives and clear alarms?

You could patch the file index.php in /mnt/PathToYourExtensions/extended-gui/files, move the whole block

<?php
	if ($configuration['user_defined']['use_buttons'] && is_file($configuration['user_defined']['buttons_file'])) {
		include_once($configuration['user_defined']['buttons_file']);
	}
?>
at the very end of the file after the block

<?php if ($configuration['automount']) { ?>
    <input name="umount" type="submit" class="formbtn" title="<?=gettext("Unmount all USB-Drives!");?>" value="<?=gettext("Unmount USB Drives");?>">
    <input name="rmount" type="submit" class="formbtn" title="<?=gettext("Remount all USB-Drives!");?>" value="<?=gettext("Mount USB Drives");?>">
<?php } ?>
and restart eGUI to take them effect (maybe you have to clear your browsers cache after that).

Be aware that a new version of eGUI will overwrite your patch!

Best regards
crest

GDixon
Starter
Starter

Post by GDixon » 29 Mar 2017 04:51

Gave it a try and it's a no go. Eliminated logging, eliminated my standby bash script and made a new bash to only play a sound and the same problem appears.

For some reason the one button that's added gets activated anytime you first login ( browser log in page ). I can even put a sleep in the bash script and the log in will play the sound then wait the sleep period before finishing and bringing up the system info page.

Whenever you click any of the buttons added by ext-gui it will run the new button scripting. And anytime you click the brand new home icon on the drop down header or use the drop down menu to go back to the system info page from anywhere else. (status/system)

I can even hit the browser refresh button when the page is on the status/system info page to duplicate this.

This is not just sometimes but every time so its consistent and repeatable.

I even tried a button that will only play a sound when clicked and no logging or anything and the same happens.

I am thinking that it should only do anything when the newly added button itself is clicked and not any of the other actions.

Hmmm interestingly I changed your sample to just play a sound only when the stop plex or start plex buttons are clicked and the same happens.

could it be the way I call my sound script that's added?
Last edited by GDixon on 29 Mar 2017 05:07, edited 1 time in total.

GDixon
Starter
Starter

Post by GDixon » 29 Mar 2017 05:00

I cleared all the logs and the only thing that appears when I duplicate the problem is this shows up in the system log directly after but not every time.

Mar 28 22:58:17 	lighttpd[2481]: 	(connections.c.139) (warning) close: 9 Connection reset by peer

GDixon
Starter
Starter

Post by GDixon » 31 Mar 2017 06:49

What it looks like is going on is somehow only the script part in the one button is getting run at the times it shouldn't be for some reason. What I mean by the script part is my script thats started when the button is clicked so something for what ever reason is causing that part of the button to run my script thats inserted.

<div id="submit">
	<input name="manual_drive_standby" type="submit" class="formbtn" onclick="<?php exec('/mnt/data/scripts/ada-0-1_standby.sh');?>" title="<?=gettext("Manual Drive Standy");?>" value="<?=gettext("Manual Drive Standby");?>" />
</div>
the part being run at the times it shouldn't be (outlined a couple posts earlier) is this

onclick="<?php exec('/mnt/data/scripts/ada-0-1_standby.sh');?>
doesn't matter whats in the script, i just used some logging and beeps to figure the failure out. It gets called when it should not be called.

beats me whats going on.

It's above me why but i confirmed it by logging different parts and testing a million ways it felt like.
It is consistent and can be duplicated every time.
Could it be the way I inserted it and is there a better way to insert a command to run a script to use the added button in the way i'm meaning to?

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 06 Apr 2017 07:05

Hello GDixon,
GDixon wrote:
31 Mar 2017 06:49
What it looks like is going on is somehow only the script part in the one button is getting run at the times it shouldn't be for some reason. What I mean by the script part is my script thats started when the button is clicked so something for what ever reason is causing that part of the button to run my script thats inserted.

<div id="submit">
	<input name="manual_drive_standby" type="submit" class="formbtn" onclick="<?php exec('/mnt/data/scripts/ada-0-1_standby.sh');?>" title="<?=gettext("Manual Drive Standy");?>" value="<?=gettext("Manual Drive Standby");?>" />
</div>
the part being run at the times it shouldn't be (outlined a couple posts earlier) is this

onclick="<?php exec('/mnt/data/scripts/ada-0-1_standby.sh');?>
doesn't matter whats in the script, i just used some logging and beeps to figure the failure out. It gets called when it should not be called.

beats me whats going on.

It's above me why but i confirmed it by logging different parts and testing a million ways it felt like.
It is consistent and can be duplicated every time.
Could it be the way I inserted it and is there a better way to insert a command to run a script to use the added button in the way i'm meaning to?

Don't use the onclick attribute, if you use it in the way the sample files shows it works as expected as shown below

if ($_POST) {
	if (isset($_POST['start_plex_example']) && $_POST['start_plex_example']) {
		mwexec("logger Plex Media Server started!");
	}
	if (isset($_POST['stop_plex_example']) && $_POST['stop_plex_example']) {
		mwexec("logger Plex Media Server stopped!");
	}
	if (isset($_POST['manual_drive_standby']) && $_POST['manual_drive_standby']) {
                mwexec("/mnt/data/scripts/ada-0-1_standby.sh", true);
        }
}
?>    

<div id="submit">
	<input name="start_plex_example" type="submit" class="formbtn" title="<?=gettext("Start Plex Media Server");?>" value="<?=gettext("Start Plex Example");?>" />
	<input name="stop_plex_example" type="submit" class="formbtn" title="<?=gettext("Stop Plex Media Server");?>" value="<?=gettext("Stop Plex Example");?>" />
	<input name="manual_drive_standby" type="submit" class="formbtn" title="<?=gettext("Manual Drive Standy");?>" value="<?=gettext("Manual Drive Standby");?>" />
</div>

Regards
crest

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie » 19 Apr 2017 18:27

Hello,

Thanks for this upgrade.

The view system shows only the first digit of the temperature: 2°C instead of 24°C on ipad system. On my computer it is fine.

I have a multi core process and the 2 columns with the 4 lines with frequency and temperature shows only the first digit of figure.

Here is a screenshot with relevant information on my system:
Capture du 2017-04-19 18-43-10.png
On this screenshot we see the figure of temperature : all digits. On Ipad I see only the first digit.

Thanks for your advice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NAS 1&2:
System: GA-6LXGH(BIOS: R01 04/30/2014) / 16 Go ECC
XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6766 embedded
NAS1: Xeon E3 1241@3.5GHz, 4HDD@2To/raidz2 (WD red), 3HDD@300Go/sas/raidz1 (Hitachi), 1SSD cache, Zlog on sas mirror
NAS2: G3220@3GHz, 3HDD@2To/raidz1 (Seagate), 1SSD cache, 1HDD@300Go/UFS
UPS: APC Back-UPS RS 900G
Case : Fractal Design XL R2

Extensions & services:
NAS1: OBI (Plex, extendedGUI, BTSync, zrep, rclone), nfs, UPS,
NAS2: OBI (extendedGUI, zrep (backup mode))

crest
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by crest » 22 Apr 2017 06:59

Hello ernie,

ernie wrote:
19 Apr 2017 18:27
Hello,

Thanks for this upgrade.

The view system shows only the first digit of the temperature: 2°C instead of 24°C on ipad system. On my computer it is fine.

I have a multi core process and the 2 columns with the 4 lines with frequency and temperature shows only the first digit of figure.

Here is a screenshot with relevant information on my system:
Capture du 2017-04-19 18-43-10.png

On this screenshot we see the figure of temperature : all digits. On Ipad I see only the first digit.

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks for reporting, at the moment I have no access to real hardware (and no IPad at all ;) ) but I will put it on my todo list so in one or two weeks I will take care of this issue.

Best regards
crest

doktornotor
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by doktornotor » 27 May 2017 23:13

Unable to save the Tools settings (User Defined Files). Always reverts back to defaults and disabled.

Manxmann
Starter
Starter

Post by Manxmann » 10 Jun 2017 17:53

First off, thank you so much for this very useful add-on.

I have a question, or perhaps an observation not sure. Th extended GUI Status screen is not showing all the discs that make up my POOL, details as follows:

My pool consists of two VDEV RAIDZ1 devices each with 4 discs, so 8 discs in total:
ZFS Pool.png
However Extended GUI only shows the disks from the first VDEV:
Ex GUI status.png
Is this by design? The system was originally setup with a single VDEV of 4 disks but I needed to expand the storage available and didn't want to backup and restore the existing data so added the 2nd VDEV and manually re-balanced the the data. Could the fact I'm only seeing the first 4 disks be a hang over? I did try removing ExGUI and it's folder and re-installing but the result is the same.

Cheers

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 » 10 Jun 2017 18:55

revise you have sync webgui & real config (current & detected) in Disks > ZFS > Configuration
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

Manxmann
Starter
Starter

Post by Manxmann » 10 Jun 2017 19:57

Great, that's the ticket had to make sure 'Overwrite disks configuration' was checked then the new disks appeared. Thank you!

derailleur
NewUser
NewUser

Post by derailleur » 02 Jul 2017 16:40

Feature request: RAM usage graph on the home page. Low priority, it's a "nice to have" for me.

And, thank you for such a great tool.

lindsay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by lindsay » 15 Jul 2017 17:58

Do not know if it has been mention before, but one pool is calculate wrong

It is set up with 2 vdevs in raidz2 4TB hdd`s and windows count it right ?
Mediapool.PNG
but not nas4free
Protected by smoothiebox Red,Green,
Purple,Orange Zones/VLAN`s