*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Don't want switching state after reboot

Highly Available Storage.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
27Alumen
NewUser
NewUser

Don't want switching state after reboot

Post by 27Alumen » 08 Jun 2016 20:27

Hello all,

Is there a way to make sure the master node does not get switched if it was rebooted? For example, node-A has advskew set to 10 and node-B set to 100. Node-A will be the master and HAST devices will be primary. If node-A went down, node-B takes over and now it's master and HAST devices are in degraded primaries. When node-A is booted up again, it'll try to become master then switch the devices back to primary again. This will cause 2 disruptions due to the reboot of node-A. Is it possible to have node-A comes back and assume backup role, keep HAST to secondary, and not trying to take over again? Thank you in advance for your help.

27Alumen
NewUser
NewUser

Re: Don't want switching state after reboot

Post by 27Alumen » 21 Jun 2016 15:55

I added carp-hast-switch slave to both postinit and shutdown. That makes the node always come up as secondary and will need to change the hast status by hand but it does the job for now. Please let me know if there is any better way to handle this. Thanks.

mdsystems
Starter
Starter

Re: Don't want switching state after reboot

Post by mdsystems » 13 Jul 2016 09:01

This is exactly what I have done. I was concerned that if the primary attempted to switch to being master that it would cause issues because it could still require synchronisation with the node acting as master. I am not sure that the scripts that handle switch-over check the HAST status before allowing the switch, or delay the switchover until the HAST devices are properly in sync.

Is there any documentation available that covers best practices here?

Return to “HAST”