*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Is anyone using HAST in production?

Highly Available Storage.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
Derek Zeanah
NewUser
NewUser

Is anyone using HAST in production?

Post by Derek Zeanah » 03 Dec 2013 22:18

If so, can you share your experiences with it?

I'm trying to decide how to implement NAS4Free in my environment for XenServer storage, and the options seem to break down like this:

1) Set up 2 servers sharing NFS or iSCSI (whichever fails over better), configure HAST, and have an active/passive pair that should failover.
2) Configure one server that's active, and have a second that receives replicated data every half-hour or so. If I need to failover manually I'll be most of the way there.
3) Run one active server, and have the second idle/powered off. In case the primary server fails I can just migrate the disks to the second server and import the ZFS pool

I'd really like the first option to work, but I'm having a rough time finding any information on successful NAS4Free/HAST deployments, and I'd love some information before I start my own testing...

js@td-k.dk
NewUser
NewUser

Re: Is anyone using HAST in production?

Post by js@td-k.dk » 28 Dec 2013 21:38

Did you make any progres on this?.. Im looking at the exact same setup, and I would really like to hear some experiences with HAST.

neodude
NewUser
NewUser

Post by neodude » 13 May 2014 17:29

I am also looking for this information. Has there been any updates on this ?

z.lukenic
NewUser
NewUser

Post by z.lukenic » 30 Aug 2014 15:30

Hello,
i'm working on it. I will share my experience when it's done

joebell
NewUser
NewUser

Post by joebell » 11 Jan 2015 17:29

I wish to know how to setup HAST, either, as my intention to implement the cluster in a production environment is the same like Derek and all you other guys have. My idea is it to have at least two NAS4Free boxes in a fail-over cluster providing HA iSCSI targets to several virtual machines running in Hyper-V. Having searched the Internet, a guide has been found, but I have not tried to configure it till now (influx of other jobs be done). You may have a look at this page. Please post and reveal your experience, if somebody among you will decide and use that guide to build a functional fail-over cluster.

Question to Z.Lukenic. Have you succeeded with your installation? May you share your experience, please?

Return to “HAST”