*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

HAST devices reverting to init after reboot

Highly Available Storage.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
dillbilly
NewUser
NewUser

HAST devices reverting to init after reboot

Post by dillbilly » 08 Feb 2014 19:52

I've set up ZFS on top of HAST and things seem to be running smoothly so far, with the exception that occasionally after a reboot my HAST devices all revert to the init role. While I don't anticipate this being much of an issue, since our NAS should have 99%+ uptime, it is an inconvenience during this set up and configuration phase, and does raise some concerns regarding its long term stability. Has anyone else testing HAST noticed this as well?

dillbilly
NewUser
NewUser

Re: HAST devices reverting to init after reboot

Post by dillbilly » 18 Feb 2014 15:54

*crickets*

I've also found that even if I manually edit the rc.conf file to enable hast, something overwrites it back to "NO".

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 » 18 Feb 2014 18:13

dillbilly wrote:I've set up ZFS on top of HAST and things seem to be running smoothly so far, with the exception that occasionally after a reboot my HAST devices all revert to the init role. While I don't anticipate this being much of an issue, since our NAS should have 99%+ uptime, it is an inconvenience during this set up and configuration phase, and does raise some concerns regarding its long term stability. Has anyone else testing HAST noticed this as well?
sorry , no experience on HAST here.
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

okcomputer44
NewUser
NewUser

Post by okcomputer44 » 01 Mar 2014 15:55

Hi,

You need to add postInit script on both nodes.

/usr/local/sbin/carp-hast-switch slave

You can do this under syste/advance/command scripts tab.

When the master node dies, slave takes over.
If master is back to cluster then it starts syncing from the secondary node. (if this script is added otherwise stuck at init)
When sycn done you can switch back the role from slave to master.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Laz

Return to “HAST”