*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-10-05: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6928 - released!

*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-09-23: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6881 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

CARP causes NAS4Free Nodes unable to boot

Highly Available Storage.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
joebell
NewUser
NewUser

CARP causes NAS4Free Nodes unable to boot

Post by joebell » 12 Jan 2015 12:18

Hello,

I downloaded NAS4Free ver.9.3.0.2 - Nayla (revision 1283). My idea has been to build two nodes in a fail-over cluster using CARP and HAST to provide redundant iSCSI targets for virtual machines running in Hyper-V. The installation was first done as a testing lab in the VirtualBox ver.4.3.20 r96997. From the Live-CD ISO I first chose option 3 - 'Full' OS installation on HDD+DATA+Swap partition on both nodes. After the installation was finished, I decided to proceed with option 6 - Upgrade and convert 'Full' OS to embedded, and finally finished the configuration with option 4 - Upgrade "Embedded" OS From LiveCD/LiveUSB. This all had been done because my goal was to boot the OS just from a hard drive where the config files also shall reside. Then I rebooted both nodes many times before I started to dig in to the CARP.

As soon as I finished the setup of the CARP as shown here, a reboot of both nodes was required which I did. Since then no node has been able to boot, but instead they all are in a restart loop. During OS loading process I could see lines as follows
  • carp0: INIT --> BACKUP
  • carp0: link state changed to DOWN
Does it have something to do with the restart loops? Is there something missing in my configuration? Please help!

joebell
NewUser
NewUser

Re: CARP causes NAS4Free Nodes unable to boot

Post by joebell » 13 Jan 2015 11:30

Researching this forum I found a reply to my question in another thread. Click here here

Return to “HAST”