Latest News:
*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6766 - released!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6766 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Can't handle with LACP(Solved)

Link Aggregation and Fail-over.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
hellofaduck
NewUser
NewUser

Can't handle with LACP(Solved)

Post by hellofaduck » 29 Jun 2019 18:18

Trying to create LACP with 2 Gbit Intel NICs and Cisco SG200-18.
When i creating LACP on Xigmanas and reboots, i see 2 strange things:
1 - on xigmanas ifconfig not shows lagg0 interface, but i can see it in web gui
2 - on cisco side i see that 1 port in this LAGG group is active and 1 passive, but i dont want failover, i want a active-active mode for load balancing(and i choose a LACP mode when creating a LAGG group)(but i think i misinterper a cisco terms..)
And another question: How to use VLAN's on lagg interface or i need a separate NIC for web gui? On VLAN page i can's choose lagg0 as a network interface, but on LAN page i can, it seems very strange for me
Last edited by hellofaduck on 30 Jun 2019 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

igr4free
Starter
Starter

Re: Can't handle with LACP

Post by igr4free » 30 Jun 2019 01:16

Hi,
After create a lagg interface, do you asign it on Administration interface?

On Cisco, you need to specify the lacp protocol and the mode of channelgroup in active on all ports.

On vlan option, you can create it and asign on the new lagg interface. On cisco switch you need config this as trunk mode, and need to specify the vlans that you create it on xigmanas. The configuration of vlans in the cisco must be created in the portchannel port. in the individual interfaces, only the channelgroup they belong to must be indicated. When you configure the portchannel interface, it will configure the physical interfaces
XigmaNAS version 12.0.0.4.6766 - Reticulus RootOnZFS (mirror disk)
HPE Proliant Microserver Gen8 / CPU: E3-1265L V2 @ 2.50GHz / Mem: 16GB DDR3 ECC / Storage: IBM ServerRaid m1015, 4x 1TB HITACHI RaidZ1, OS Disk: 2x 80GB INTEL SSD

hellofaduck
NewUser
NewUser

Post by hellofaduck » 30 Jun 2019 10:13

Thank you for reply!
No,i dont assign a administrative(webgui) interface on lagg group, should i? for me it's very strange that i don't see this interface when i run ifconfig command. and i repeat, i can't(!) create a vlans on xigmanas on lagg interface, i simply can't choose thise interface in VLAN menu to create a vlan.
Second, on CISCO side i can't setup "active on all ports" mode because there is no such option, i have cisco small business sg200-18, there is no cisco cli, it has only web gui without this option. You can read here if you want for details
and here you can see what options i have, i made few screenshots

P.S. You think if i assign this lagg interface as my LAN interface i can manage vlans on it?

hellofaduck
NewUser
NewUser

Post by hellofaduck » 30 Jun 2019 14:16

Ok, i solve this wierd issue!
The key is to assign lagg0 to LAN interface, after that it show in ifconfig, VLAN settings is accessible to that interface and on CISCO side i see that all ports are Active!

Return to “LAGG”