Latest News:
*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6766 - released!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6766 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Windows mount of Samba Share -- wrong size

Samba Active Directory Domain Controller.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
michaelkj77
NewUser
NewUser

Windows mount of Samba Share -- wrong size

Post by michaelkj77 » 02 Aug 2019 04:35

I have NAS4FREE running on a server with 9TB of hard drive space. I have a CIFS/SMB mount created called NAS-Share pointing to /mnt/nas. If I run the command df -h on the server, it says /mnt/nas has 7..9 TB available. On my Windows desktop, if I map a network drive, say, Z: to \\123.45.67.89\NAS-Share, the drive maps and I can see the contents of /mnt/nas, but if I click Properties on Z:, it says the folder space for Z: is only 119MB with 117MB used and 2MB available. Is this a Samba problem? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Michael

Brahiewahiewa
Starter
Starter

Re: Windows mount of Samba Share -- wrong size

Post by Brahiewahiewa » 02 Aug 2019 16:14

A screenshot would be nice, because my Windows doesn't show available space in the properties dialog.
Neither on local drives nor on network drives

Edit: nevermind; the properties dialog of a mapped drive indeed shows the available space

You've probably shared the /mnt folder through CIFS. The space will be limited by the size of /dev/md0
Subdirectories should correctly show the available space. You can verify this through the dir command

Return to “Samba AD”