*New 12.1 series Release:
2019-11-08: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7091 - released!

*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Indexing AFP mount NOT in /Volumes

NAS4Free & Apple Filing Protocol.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
danzi
Starter
Starter

Indexing AFP mount NOT in /Volumes

Post by danzi » 01 Sep 2018 00:29

Seems that mdutil is only able to turn on or off Spotlight search index on AFP shared that are mounted in /Volumes.

Well, I happen to have my shares elsewhere and so mdutil fails.

Any ideas if there's a chance to get Spotlight to search on an AFP share that's mounted not in /Volumes?

Or any other file managers apart from Finder... I found that Forklift relies on Spotlight, so it's of no use :-(
----------------------------------------------
Dell T130 - 32Gb ECC - ESXi 6.7
VM Full Instal - 11.2.0.4 - Omnius (revision 6005)
HP/LSI 9121-4i SAS2008 Pass Through mode
2 x 2Tb ZFS mirror
1 x 3Tb UFS
----------------------------------------------

Pu02
NewUser
NewUser

Re: Indexing AFP mount NOT in /Volumes

Post by Pu02 » 24 Oct 2018 03:57

I don't know if this will work, but you can give it a go and see if it kick-starts the indexing process. This will only help if resetting your spotlight config to use your client's custom mount point is for some reason necessary:

If searching your Mac doesn’t return expected results, rebuilding the Spotlight index might help.

Choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click Spotlight.
Click the Privacy tab.
Drag the folder or disk that you want to index again to the list of locations that Spotlight is prevented from searching. Or click the Add (+) button and select the folder or disk to add.
To add an item to the Privacy tab, you must have ownership permissions for that item. To learn about permissions, choose Help from the Finder menu bar, then search for “permissions.”
From the same list of locations, select the folder or disk that you just added. Then click the Remove (–) button to remove it from the list.
Quit System Preferences. Spotlight will re-index the contents of the folder or disk.
LGA1150 Xeon E3-1220Lv3 || 32GB Unbuffered DDR3L-1600 || System on USB3 || Intel C224 via software RAID and 4 disk backplane
HP ML10v2 Xeon E3-1220Lv3 || 32GB Unbuffered DDR3L-1600 || System on SAnDisk Extreme || HP controller w software RAID and 3+1 disk backplane

Return to “AFP”