*New 12.1 series Release:
2019-11-08: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7091 - released!

*New 11.3 series Release:
2019-10-19: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7014 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Need Suggestion About A Simple Vpn For Long Term Travel

Buy, sell, jobs, music, fun, etc..
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
adilmalick
NewUser
NewUser

Need Suggestion About A Simple Vpn For Long Term Travel

Post by adilmalick » 06 Apr 2016 16:38

Greetings, My wife and I are retiring at the end of the month and plan on spending 3-4 months in SE Asia this fall. India, Vietnam, Thailand, etc. We are not interested in streaming, downloading apps, games, etc. We need a VPN for banking, skype (occasionally), emails, FB, blog updating etc. To say there are many options out there is an understatement. Will we need different ones for different countries due to the server locations? Or can we get by with one. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

b0ssman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Need Suggestion About A Simple Vpn For Long Term Travel

Post by b0ssman » 06 Apr 2016 17:05

moved to off topic.

you do not need a vpn to use banking skype, emails , etc..
Nas4Free 11.1.0.4.4517. Supermicro X10SLL-F, 16gb ECC, i3 4130, IBM M1015 with IT firmware. 4x 3tb WD Red, 4x 2TB Samsung F4, both GEOM AES 256 encrypted.

Kanial24
NewUser
NewUser

Post by Kanial24 » 21 Jun 2016 14:12

Yeah! I guess sometimes it's needed, cause some mails ask for your identity if it's logged in from other country. I once tried opening my mails from Geneva, when I had gone there to visit my sister. I had a huge process of security check. So I guess, it could be pretty useful.

angelaandrea
NewUser
NewUser

Post by angelaandrea » 08 Aug 2016 08:54

I will suggest you brows your desire query on google because it's a best plat form there you can get relevant answer....but OneVPN is one of the options that I think would suit your requirements. It is feature-rich, offers a lot of servers and extremely cheap in price. Currently they are running a special Buy 1 Year Get 3 Years FREE deal, you can check it ...

mariad
Starter
Starter

Post by mariad » 03 Mar 2017 13:00

Best vpn's work almost everywhere. So choose wisely.

mariad
Starter
Starter

Post by mariad » 29 Jun 2017 12:40

exoruel wrote:
24 Jun 2017 14:48
As an Internet-using traveler, you’re often risking security problems. Rather than your password-protected home or work network, you’re often using public or semipublic Wi-Fi (airports, train stations, cafes, and hotels all fall into this category) or, even worse, shared computers. Hope you find the convenient one!
Exactly, these are the numerous threats user is vulnerable to. So, which one do you recommend.

mariad
Starter
Starter

Post by mariad » 29 Jun 2017 12:53

I would recommend you to go for Astrill as i am using one. Even i read a blog which said your Smartwatch can be snooped as well. It shared some tips which recommended to use a VPN. And i guess most of the people today use it. So, better to be safe than sorry.

MichealHeitz
NewUser
NewUser

Post by MichealHeitz » 09 Jul 2018 18:45

There are many VPNs are in the market with different pros and cons and we are not able to point out which VPN is best,
I am using ExpressVPN for my iPhone 6 and it is working with perfection and excellence, for more choices checkout the list of http://www.bestvpnguru.com

Hope it will give you better insights and solution for your need

Return to “Unrelated”