*New 11.4 series Release:
2020-07-03: XigmaNAS 11.4.0.4.7633 - released!

*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-04-17: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7542 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[EXTENSION] Plex Media Server

XigmaNAS Extensions / Add-ons

Moderator: crest

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

[EXTENSION] Plex Media Server

Post by JoseMR »

Hello, I'm very pleased to announce the new Plex Media Server Extension for XigmaNAS 11.3 and later versions, this extension will perform a seamless Plex installation on a persistent data location, also the user can select which version of Plex to be installed initially, between either using the built-in FreeBSD pkg tool or by using an official Plex tarball, also ability to check and upgrade the Extension and Plex packages from the XigmaNAS WebGUI at anytime.

Latest version

Need help with Plex Extension Translations

Installation procedure:

Easy method:
This extension can be easily installed with the OneButtonInstaller

Manual method:

Code: Select all

fetch https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JRGTH/nas4free-plex-extension/master/plex-install.php && mkdir -p ext/plex-install && echo '<a href="plex-install.php">Plex Extension Installer</a>' > ext/plex-install/menu.inc && echo -e "\n=> Done!"
After command finished successfully with '=>Done!' refresh the XigmaNAS WebGUI and open the menu entry Extensions|Plex Media Server Installer, choose a permanent data directory to install the extension and hit 'Save & Install' to finish the installation or hit 'Cancel' to abort and remove the installer from the system, After successful completion you can access the extension from the WebGUI menu entry Extensions|Plex Media Server.

Install/Reinstall notes: The installer can be used as a reinstall tool as well if needed, also existing users need to click on the extension "Uninstall" button but please DO NOT select checkbox for "Activate to delete user data" to preserver your current Plex configuration unless otherwise, then when searching for the extension path, DO NOT select the existing "plex" folder as the installer will auto create this folder and if you select it then a sub folder will be re-created, further upgrades can be as simple as clicking Upgrade button whiting the extension gui for an automated online extension pkg upgrade.

Additionally if for some reason the user move or rename folder on the install location, just execute plexinit script from the new location end the script will auto re-link the environment and update the PostInit command with the new path regarding the version installed.

Features:
  • 1: Works on XigmaNAS 11.x and later versions, Embedded and Full platforms.
    2: Don't need VM, Jail or Unionfs configs.
    3: User upgradeable Plex packages from WebGUI/shell.
    4: Single init script for management and startup ease.
    5: Dedicated Extension GUI tab for common management tasks.
    6: Fetch and install official Plex packages from FreeBSD or by Tarball upload.
    7: Plex Tarball Install/Upgrades from WebGUI.
    8: Plexdata backup archiver from WebGUI.
    9: Plexdata restores from WebGUI.
    10: Plexdata folder switching ability from WebGUI.

Common management shell options:

xigmanas: ~# plexinit -h
Usage: plexinit -[option] | [path|file]
Options:
        -s  Start Plex Media Server.
        -p  Stop Plex Media Server.
        -r  Restart Plex Media Server.
        -u  Upgrade Plex/Extension packages.
        -U  Upgrade Extension packages only.
        -g  Enables the addon GUI.
        -t  Disable the addon GUI.
        -x  Reset Plex Extension Config.
        -b  Backup Plexdata Directory.
        -f  Restore Plexdata Directory.
        -e  Install/Upgrade Plex package from tarball.
        -i  Install/Upgrade Plex package from pkg tool
        -v  Display product version.
        -h  Display this help message.
xigmanas: ~#
These additional switches are provided by the plexinit script only for management ease.[/s]

Screenshots:
Plex_Dash.png
Plex_Config.png

Notes:
Like always, backup the current server configuration before anything else.
There will be a small delay until the latest precompiled Plex package to be available for download, push "Upgrade" button regularly under "Extensions|Plex Media Server" or with "plexinit -u" from the shell, the package and version info will be updated when available, alternatively upload a an official Plex tarball instead to stay updated.

TODO list:
-Current translations completion/additions.

Disclaimer: This Extension is provided AS-IS, and I'm NOT responsible for any data loss or damage caused by the use of it, use solely at your own risk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JoseMR on 15 Jun 2018 02:07, edited 31 times in total.
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS Mirror, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

JoeCotty
NewUser
NewUser

Re: [EXTENSION] Plex Media Server

Post by JoeCotty »

Hi,

I installes latest XIGMANAS 12.1.0.4 embedded on USB stick and i want to install the PLEX extension.
When i put the command

fetch https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JRGTH/nas4free-plex-extension/master/plex-install.php && mkdir -p ext/plex-install && echo '<a href="plex-install.php">Plex Extension Installer</a>' > ext/plex-install/menu.inc && echo -e "\n=> Done!"
in WebGUI i get the new menu entry.
But there i have to choose a place beyond /mnt which i do no have.
I also can not mount my USB-stick.

So is there a way to install it directly onto my boot USB-stick ?
If yes, how ?

btw i am not a linux guy ...

Best regards
Joe

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 »

NO, you need to use a data partition so install persist on reboot.

PD:Please read about embeded install and how it works.
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

Eliminateur
Starter
Starter

Post by Eliminateur »

Upgrade worked like a charm, now i have a current updated plex!!, freebsd 11.2 is still well supported in Plex so no issues there for the time being
JoseMR wrote:
09 Feb 2020 12:40

Upgrading from official Plex tarball is far very simple.
  • 1) Go to official Plex download page and get latest FreeBSD tarball.
    2) Drop the Plex tarball into the Plex Extension install location.
    3) Execute 'plexinit -e' to extract the Plex tarball.
Tips:
1) This manual Plex upgrade method will overwrite/override the previous Plex install, menaing if the latest Plex tarball is even buggier than the previous install, the user need to manually re-install the previous version, or rollback from ZFS snapshots if available.

2) The 'pkg info' command may show the previous Plex pkg version as expected, since this was the last information obtained from the MANIFEST during the last install/upgrade through the pkg tool, however this is harmless and should be ignored.

Notes:
NAS4Free 11.2 is an EOL(End of Life) product and no longer supported, either the Plex Extension will not follow/test in such EOL platforms due several issues and keep with the old and new PHP code, not to mention that the FreeBSD pkg repos will no longer be updated and the user will be stuck with an old Plex version.

Screenshot for reference:
Manual_Plex_Upgrade_From_Tarball.png

Regards

nyak
NewUser
NewUser

Post by nyak »

Hello ...
i'm tried install extension plex:

but after bit time i receive this message:

No input file specified. 

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

nyak wrote:
23 Feb 2020 19:40
Hello ...

No input file specified. 

Hello, could you mind to share your current XigmaNAS setup?, so we could bring support based on.

Regards
System: FreeBSD 12 RootOnZFS Mirror, MB: Supermicro X8SI6-F, Xeon X3450, 16GB DDR3 ECC RDIMMs.
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

Hello, as for Plex Extension version 4.3.013, there is a new Maintenance feature, ability to either upgrade or downgrade from the official Plex tarball files.

How Plex Extension initially works:
When installing the Plex Extension either manually or through the OBI installer(recommended), it will initially fetch and install the Plex package from the official FreeBSD pkg repository to leave a fully functional Plex server, with also ability to upgrade it later with the FreeBSD pkg tool.

However the FreeBSD pkg repository nor the FreeBSD ports(not available in XigmaNAS) not always carry the latest Plex Media Server.

So in order to mitigate the dilemma about "Plex is too old", "Plex wont upgrade" or "how to upgrade Plex" etc. etc., I've added the ability to either Upgrade or Downgrade Plex through the WebGUI using the Official Plex Media Sever Tarballs.

Also note that if you upgraded Plex from a tarball and later upgrade it from the FreeBSD pkg tool, the pkg tool will override the current Plex installation as expected.

Known Issues:
The 'pkg info' command may show the previous Plex pkg version as expected, since this was the last information obtained from the MANIFEST during the last install/upgrade through the pkg tool, however this is harmless and should be ignored, between the command `plexinit -v` will show the correct version information and Plex version information from the extension GUI is not affected either.

Screenshots:
Plex_Tarball_Upgrade_Downgrade.png
Plex_Upgraded_Via_Tarball.png
Plex_Upgrade_Notify.png
Tips:
Remember to restart Plex in case it was running while upgrading.
Always save the previous Plex tarball in case the new version is broken.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

nyak
NewUser
NewUser

Post by nyak »

JoseMR wrote:
26 Feb 2020 22:29
nyak wrote:
23 Feb 2020 19:40
Hello ...

No input file specified. 

Hello, could you mind to share your current XigmaNAS setup?, so we could bring support based on.

Regards
xigmanas.png
Thanks

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

nyak wrote:
01 Mar 2020 09:52

xigmanas.png

Thanks

Hello, you are running an End Of Life(EOL) unsupported XigmaNAS product.

However that bug has been reported before and is still unknown on why affect few users.

Can't test here, but my advice is to Save as the latest addon script installer, then place it under the server "/path/to/plex"(adjust to your own path) and execute it directly.

Example:

cd /path/to/plex
chmod +x plexinit
./plexinit
Regards
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 »

sucesfully update to latest version:
1.jpg
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

Hi Raul, thanks for posting success on Plex upgrade through the pkg tool.

***Plex Extension News***

As for Plex Extension version 4.3.014, the Extension will no longer automatically install the Plex package, but rather it will be an user choice though the "Maintenance Tab" for convenience, i.e. the user have the option to choice to install from a manually downloaded Plex Tarball from the official Plex FreeBSD downloads(latest, bleeding edge), or just install from the FreeBSD Pkg repos instead(conservative), also either installation method can be upgraded either way.

This will address issues such as the FreeBSD Pkg not working properly for certain users/locations, also will let the user stay up-to-date with the latest Plex Tarballs if selected such installation method, additionally the user can easily Upgrade/downgrade as they want in case of Plex issues.

Note: After the initial installation choice, the "Plex Media Server Pkg Installer" column will be disabled, and only the "Plex Media Server Tarball Install/Upgrade" column will remain active for further Plex manual upgrades.

Screenshots:
Plex_Ext_Dash.png
Plex_Ext_Installer.png
Regards
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

nyak
NewUser
NewUser

Post by nyak »

JoseMR wrote:
01 Mar 2020 17:23
nyak wrote:
01 Mar 2020 09:52

xigmanas.png

Thanks

Hello, you are running an End Of Life(EOL) unsupported XigmaNAS product.

However that bug has been reported before and is still unknown on why affect few users.

Can't test here, but my advice is to Save as the latest addon script installer, then place it under the server "/path/to/plex"(adjust to your own path) and execute it directly.

Example:

cd /path/to/plex
chmod +x plexinit
./plexinit
Regards

Okay, thank you.
I think it's time to update my xigmanas.
I'll proceed with a new installation and then I'll update you.
Thank you.

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 »

sucesfully update to latest version:
2.jpg

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

Hello
I installed Plex via OBI. I have the extension.
I enable the extension and I have this message:
No Plex Media Server package installed yet. Please choose an installation method first.

In the menu maintenance I see the section "Plex Media Server Pkg Installer".
If I launch the install of this section I have the following message in Log:
plexinit: Error: A problem has occurred while fetching/locating plexmediaserver.

In the past I understood that when Plex is installed via OBI, if we enable the extension Plex, Plex is installed. Does the logic change ?

All my tests are on a xigmanas in vm.

In parallel, I try an update of plex on my real xigmanas and I obtain:

Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
Fetching meta.txz: . done
repository FreeBSD has no meta file, using default settings
Fetching packagesite.txz: .......... done
Unable to open created repository FreeBSD
Unable to update repository FreeBSD
Error updating repositories!
Looking for new Plex Extension package!
Plex Extension is on the latest version!
Perhaps there is an issue with the freebsd package for plex.

Any advice is welcome

BR
NAS 1&2:
System: GA-6LXGH(BIOS: R01 04/30/2014) / 16 Go ECC
XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4 - Ingva (revision 7542) embedded
NAS1: Xeon E3 1241@3.5GHz, 4HDD@2To/raidz2 (WD red), 3HDD@300Go/sas/raidz1 (Hitachi), 1SSD cache, Zlog on sas mirror
NAS2: G3220@3GHz, 3HDD@2To/raidz1 (Seagate), 1SSD cache, 1HDD@300Go/UFS
UPS: APC Back-UPS RS 900G
Case : Fractal Design XL R2

Extensions & services:
NAS1: OBI (Plex, BTSync, zrep, rclone, themes), nfs, UPS,
NAS2: OBI (zrep (backup mode), themes)

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

ernie wrote:
13 Apr 2020 19:16
Hello
I installed Plex via OBI. I have the extension.
I enable the extension and I have this message:
No Plex Media Server package installed yet. Please choose an installation method first.

In the menu maintenance I see the section "Plex Media Server Pkg Installer".
If I launch the install of this section I have the following message in Log:
plexinit: Error: A problem has occurred while fetching/locating plexmediaserver.

In the past I understood that when Plex is installed via OBI, if we enable the extension Plex, Plex is installed. Does the logic change ?

All my tests are on a xigmanas in vm.

In parallel, I try an update of plex on my real xigmanas and I obtain:
Perhaps there is an issue with the freebsd package for plex.

Any advice is welcome

BR
Hi, ernie, if I read correctly, are you playing/testing with Plex Extension under a VM?, pelase can you provide more info regarding this VM, are the Extension installer in a separate persistent pool/data store.

This commonly happens when there is not enough space left, however FreeBSD pkg repositories were causing issues for select users from diff locations, hence I've added an extra option to install/upgrade from the Plex official Tarballs which in effect will be provide best up to date packages unlike the FreeBSD pkg repos.

Regards
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

Hello
Yes I am testing in a vm for some tests and also for update Tuto.
The vm contains to hdd. One for xigmanas (8go) and one for data (10go).
The extension is installed in /mnt/data/extension/plex
BR
NAS 1&2:
NAS1: Xeon E3 1241@3.5GHz, 4HDD@2To/raidz2 (WD red), 3HDD@300Go/sas/raidz1 (Hitachi), 1SSD cache, Zlog on sas mirror

Extensions & services:

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

Hi
It works now but I don t know why. I only reboot the virtual nas.
BR
NAS 1&2:

Extensions & services:

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

ernie wrote:
13 Apr 2020 21:49
Hi
It works now but I don t know why. I only reboot the virtual nas.
BR

Thanks for reporting back it was a hiccup, maybe on the FreeBSD pkg repos.

P.S will try to update Bastille Jail Manager today to patch the configuration file as well.

Regards
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

I will investigate with a new vm. Potentially it comes from dynamical disk as I chosen this type of disk.
BR
NAS 1&2:

Extensions & services:

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

After testing on my vm, I tested on my real nas :
- upload of last version on Plex website : PlexMediaServer-1.19.1.2645-ccb6eb67e-FreeBSD-amd64.tar.bz2
- use of maintenance tab : Plex Media Server Tarball Install/Upgrade. I selected the right file (PlexMediaServer-1.19.1.2645-ccb6eb67e-FreeBSD-amd64.tar.bz2) and I click on upload
- after some minutes, the extension explained that it is done. I can see in the extension : "plexmediaserver-1.19.1.2645 Plex Media Server component"

But in plex webpage, I seen always the old version.

I tried to stop plex : unsuccessful

In Log file I have:

Apr 14 19:49:47	1	2020-04-14T19:49:47.433108+02:00 nas4free1.local root 30325 - - su: unknown login: plex
Apr 14 19:49:19	1	2020-04-14T19:49:19.907562+02:00 nas4free1.local root 29901 - - su: unknown login: plex plexmediaserver already running? (pid=37551).
Apr 14 19:49:12	1	2020-04-14T19:49:12.491655+02:00 nas4free1.local root 29659 - - su: unknown login: plex
Apr 14 19:47:41	1	2020-04-14T19:47:41.206484+02:00 nas4free1.local plexinit 25991 - - Plex Media Server tarball extracted successfully.
I tried a reboot and it solved the issue.

Where am I wrong in the logic ? Did I stop Plex before upload action ?

My xigmanas version:
12.0.0.4 - Reticulus (revision 6766) and embedded
NAS 1&2:

Extensions & services:

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

ernie wrote:
14 Apr 2020 20:35
After testing on my vm, I tested on my real nas :
- upload of last version on Plex website : PlexMediaServer-1.19.1.2645-ccb6eb67e-FreeBSD-amd64.tar.bz2
- use of maintenance tab : Plex Media Server Tarball Install/Upgrade. I selected the right file (PlexMediaServer-1.19.1.2645-ccb6eb67e-FreeBSD-amd64.tar.bz2) and I click on upload
- after some minutes, the extension explained that it is done. I can see in the extension : "plexmediaserver-1.19.1.2645 Plex Media Server component"

But in plex webpage, I seen always the old version.

I tried to stop plex : unsuccessful

In Log file I have:

Apr 14 19:49:47	1	2020-04-14T19:49:47.433108+02:00 nas4free1.local root 30325 - - su: unknown login: plex
Apr 14 19:49:19	1	2020-04-14T19:49:19.907562+02:00 nas4free1.local root 29901 - - su: unknown login: plex plexmediaserver already running? (pid=37551).
Apr 14 19:49:12	1	2020-04-14T19:49:12.491655+02:00 nas4free1.local root 29659 - - su: unknown login: plex
Apr 14 19:47:41	1	2020-04-14T19:47:41.206484+02:00 nas4free1.local plexinit 25991 - - Plex Media Server tarball extracted successfully.
I tried a reboot and it solved the issue.

Where am I wrong in the logic ? Did I stop Plex before upload action ?

My xigmanas version:
12.0.0.4 - Reticulus (revision 6766) and embedded

Hi ernie, probably older version was running and the changes dint take place after extraction, as I don't let the Extension to explicitly stop Plex and let the user perform it, however I will make a little update to the Plex Extension to always check if there is a running Plex instance and temporary stop > extract > start it since few users been reporting similar issue.

I will try to add a tooltip in the button so that the user will be aware of the Plex restart upon an upgrade, ps thanks for reporting the behavior.

Regadrs
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

Thanks for your answer and all your developments.
NAS 1&2:

Extensions & services:

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

ernie wrote:
15 Apr 2020 10:41
Thanks for your answer and all your developments.
Hi, forgot to mention the known issues, take a look here on the behavior when an user install using Pkg tool then later upgrade by Tarball Upload, refer to the Known Issues which is completely harmless and ignored as is a system expected behavior.

Regards
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

JoseMR
Hardware & Software Guru
Hardware & Software Guru

Post by JoseMR »

Plex Extension Updated to v4.3.018, It will always stop Plex before apply upgrade and start after verify for proper plex user/group existence.

Regards
XigmaNAS RootOnZFS
Addons at GitHub
BastilleBSD
Boot Environments Intro
Resources Home Page

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

Thanks for your reactivity.
NAS 1&2:

Extensions & services:

bendusz
NewUser
NewUser

Post by bendusz »

Hi,
I am sorry if this was already covered.
I am trying to install the plugin, but after entering the provided code to the command nothing happens. No extension tab appearing in the menu bar, nothing. I have tried to run it from ssh, but when I want to run the php or the inc, I get permission denied. I have tried with both admin, and root, but same result.

I am running the latest version: Version - 12.1.0.4 - Ingva (revision 7542)

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 »

sucesfully update to latest on 2020/04/27
pnas.local - Extensions _ Plex Media Server _ Main.jpg

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

ernie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ernie »

I tried but not successful:

Plex Media Server package it not installed.
Plex Extension is on the latest version

I have the following message in notification log

2020.04.27 18:39:24 user_check.sh WARNING User authentication (AUTH) error(s) in system log detected

Any advice ?

It breaks my Plex server. I uploaded the file on Plex site and I used the manual installation via the extension. It works.

It seems that the upgrade doesn't work via the automatic way. Only manual.
I try again and I have the following message:

Stopping plexmediaserver.
Waiting for PIDS: 7005, 7005.
Cleaning up leftover child processes.
Waiting for PIDS: 7188 7148 7136 7133 7095 7093 7057, 7095.
Removing stale files from previous tarball upgrade...
Plex Extension is on the latest version!
Starting plexmediaserver.
And it breaks again (but I installed again via manual way).

Where is my issue ?

I have 4.3.019 version of Plex Extension on 12.0.0.4 - Reticulus (revision 6766) embedded Xigmanas version

BR
NAS 1&2:

Extensions & services:

jerryone
Starter
Starter

Post by jerryone »

Hi,
From where i can download version 1.18.7.2457 or 1.18.9.2578 version 1.19.XXXX are full of bugs. Many thanks.

P.S. i have found only for Windows/IOS/Linux the tarball.
Dell T610 Xeon x5650 x2 , 192 GB DELL ECC, HBA 9211-8i LSI x2 , 7xHGST-4TB, 2xSamsung 1TB, , 1xKingston 128GB-SSD boot sys
CIFS/SMB, Syncthing, DLNA/UPnP MiniDLNA, BitTorrent, Plex Media Server

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raulfg3 »

Hello JoseMR, I need your help.

I do a new ZFSonRoot install on my server, and then I restore my config file, all works as expected , excep plex, The installed plex is in his ooriginal path: /mnt/RPool/DATA/plex/plexinit

but when I try to execute, this error appears:

pnas: ~# /mnt/RPool/DATA/plex/plexinit
Initializing Plex Media Server...
plexmediaserver does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d), or is not executable
/mnt/RPool/DATA/plex/plexinit: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver: not found
Il do a force reinstall from OnebuttonInstaller, but something fails.

some aditional info:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

pnas: ~# cd /mnt/RPool/DATA/plex/
pnas: plex# ls -la
total 50
drwxrwxrwx   7 root  wheel     11 May  5 18:54 .
drwxrwxr-x   5 root  wheel      5 Nov 27 12:30 ..
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel      4 May  5 18:54 conf
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel      6 May  5 15:44 gui
drwxr-xr-x  16 root  wheel     16 May  5 15:44 locale-plex
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel      4 May  5 15:47 log
drwxrwxrwx   4 root  wheel      4 Mar 22  2019 plexdata
-rwxrwxr-x   1 root  wheel  29672 May  5 18:50 plexinit
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    396 May  5 15:44 README
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel   1217 May  5 15:44 release_notes
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel      8 May  5 15:44 version
plexinit is executable, but do not exist on /etc/rc.d .

Why is not copied or linked when I force reinstall ?.

How to do now?.

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

Return to “Extensions / Add-ons”