Latest News:
*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6766 - released!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6766 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS cost money, please consider a donation to our project so we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

networking issue 5/6 good. 1/6 not

NIC, network controllers, compatibility questions, WOL, wake on lan
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
was-armandh
experienced User
experienced User

networking issue 5/6 good. 1/6 not

Post by was-armandh » 09 Jan 2019 19:02

in my major upgrade to Xi, drive size, and speed project, two atom powered boxes became surplus
after they were just upgraded to xi one is going to my daughter the other to a friend.

my friend's problem

we hooked the [DHCP NT-1] Xi box up, observed the Ip address and after changing the xi work group
5 of the 6 work group computers, a mix of win 10, 7, and one XP [XP used with test equipment software]
work fine. one win-10 does not see the NAS in network, but does see other computers in the group.
swapped lan connections to eliminate any possible network issue, still the same win-10 with the problem

the "odd man out" a Lenovo desktop and is the only one with Norton for its AV
its browser will log on to the Xi GUI, so we are 99.99% sure it is not the network hardware.
the network topography is very flat; router, one layer of switches, user computers.

faulty OS or some setting at the Lenovo eludes us
I ask here knowing it is not a network "hardware" problem
but because this is where network experience is likely found

I have suggested to my friend trying a substitute drive and a fresh load of win-10 as a test
by using this free advise, you, your heirs, etc
absolve, save, and hold harmless the advisor.
CAVEAT EMPTOR
YMMV

Return to “LAN , Network controllers”