Latest News:
*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6766 - released!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6766 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS cost money, please consider a donation to our project so we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

nextcloud missing icons

If you are new on this forum and you don't know where to post please use this sub-forum. Somebody will answer your question and/or will move your topic into the right sub-forum.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
chachi420
Starter
Starter

nextcloud missing icons

Post by chachi420 » 14 Apr 2019 18:40

Hello everyone,
for the past 3 times I have installed nextcloud, it does install but then has many missing icons. Seems so broken. Also a message tells me my data folder is in the same directory as nextcloud but it clearly is not. Can someone help me out with this? I have attached the screenshots. Thank you for your help guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chachi420
Starter
Starter

Re: nextcloud missing icons

Post by chachi420 » 17 Apr 2019 05:56

lol anyone?

cookiemonster
experienced User
experienced User

Post by cookiemonster » 17 Apr 2019 22:28

I'm not a user of nexcloud but _and forgive me if I read it wrong_ the first screen shows the input errors. Having a look in their manualhttps://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/ad ... izard.html there's the part that I think is of interest:
You should locate your Nextcloud data directory outside of your Web root if you are using an HTTP server other than Apache, or you may wish to store your Nextcloud data in a different location for other reasons (e.g. on a storage server). It is best to configure your data directory location at installation, as it is difficult to move after installation. You may put it anywhere; in this example is it located in /opt/nextcloud/. This directory must already exist, and must be owned by your HTTP user.
As I said I'm not a user of it, never have installed it on xigmanas, therefore I've not had to look at what the extension does ie. uses apache or not, nor other options.
What I would do is set those locations on different mountpoints i.e. not under the same tree. Currently you seem to have them both hanging off /mnt/ServerSSD
Just a thought.
Xigmanas 11.2.0.4 x64-full-RootOnZFS on Supermicro X8DT3. zroot on mirrorred pair of CRUCIAL_CT64M225. Memory: 24GB ECC; Storage: (HBA) - LSI SAS 9211-4i with 3 SATA x 1 Tb in raidZ1, 1 x 3 Tb SAS drive as single stripe.

chachi420
Starter
Starter

Post by chachi420 » 18 Apr 2019 04:44

cookiemonster wrote:
17 Apr 2019 22:28
I'm not a user of nexcloud but _and forgive me if I read it wrong_ the first screen shows the input errors. Having a look in their manualhttps://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/ad ... izard.html there's the part that I think is of interest:
You should locate your Nextcloud data directory outside of your Web root if you are using an HTTP server other than Apache, or you may wish to store your Nextcloud data in a different location for other reasons (e.g. on a storage server). It is best to configure your data directory location at installation, as it is difficult to move after installation. You may put it anywhere; in this example is it located in /opt/nextcloud/. This directory must already exist, and must be owned by your HTTP user.
As I said I'm not a user of it, never have installed it on xigmanas, therefore I've not had to look at what the extension does ie. uses apache or not, nor other options.
What I would do is set those locations on different mountpoints i.e. not under the same tree. Currently you seem to have them both hanging off /mnt/ServerSSD
Just a thought.
Thank you for your answer. It does make sense but since I had always done it this way, I could not figure out what was wrong. Anyhow, I will give this a shot and will get back. Fingers crossed.

Shperrung
experienced User
experienced User

Post by Shperrung » 18 Apr 2019 07:25

Hi,
I thought yesterday what's wrong in your path for Data Folder.
Looks like you try to set whole pool /mnt/serverSSD for NC data. I think that dataset /mnt/serverSSD/Datafolder will be accepted.
11.2.0.4 - Omnius (revision 6177)
ASRock J3710-ITX, LAN: Realtek RTL8111GR; 16Gb RAM; WD 1Tbx2, WD 2Tb; UPS Powercom WOW500U.

Return to “Newbie Questions”