Latest News:
*New 11.2 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6766 - released!

*New 12.0 series Release:
2019-06-20: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6766 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS cost money, please consider a donation to our project so we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Dell T610 New Server Install tip and tricks will be much appreciated

Everything Hardware related to build that XigmaNAS system!
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
jerryone
Starter
Starter

Dell T610 New Server Install tip and tricks will be much appreciated

Post by jerryone » 24 May 2019 19:17

Hi,

I will change my configuration in this one:
Dell T610, 2 Xeon Procesor X5650, 192 GB ECC, 8X4Tb HGST from old config Sata+4xSegate 1TB+1SDD for OS, iDRAC and to HBA Card add-on because the main one from bord does not support hdd more than 2 TB. Also a concern that i didn't find on web is if the bord will accept the add-ons and sas raid back-plain will accept this config and i will not need some other extension. ?

Because i have experence a sistem reset with no reason on curent config(see signature) a very frustrating problem. What i need to know could i expect same problem with restart, i need to re-do ZFS raid or i will import raid with config free and all should run as smooth as possible. i will accept all your info about any tip and tricks with this config. Server will serve for Syncthing, miniDLNA, PLEX, Samba share,Auto snapshots.

my main will be enbended or RootOnZFS? i also don't know to much of programing and all i do is from WebGUI. also i will be new to this server machines config.
Dell T610 Xeon x5650 x2 , 192 GB DELL ECC, HBA 9211-8i LSI x2 , 7xHGST-4TB, 2xSamsung 1TB, , 1xKingston 128GB-SSD boot sys
CIFS/SMB, Syncthing, DLNA/UPnP MiniDLNA, BitTorrent, Plex Media Server

Return to “Server Build, Tips, Help and Suggestions”