*New 11.4 series Release:
2020-07-03: XigmaNAS 11.4.0.4.7633 - released!

*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-04-17: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7542 - released

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Create alternative Pool

Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
gomario
experienced User
experienced User

Create alternative Pool

Post by gomario »

I have a pool made up of 5x4TB discs which works 100%. Then I wanted to install Root On ZFS bacause I had enough of the ocassional boot errors from the USB Stick. What I did was I went and bought 2x30GB USB Memory Sticks and installed from a CD the latest Xigmas version while using the Root On ZFS option (Mirror). All went well until I booted the system from the newly installed ZFS Mirror. It showed me the new ZFS pool made of the reminder of the 2 Memory sticks (20GB or so). No problem with that but my main ZFS was gone :-(
The mount point was all there like before but it mounted the new, small and useless ZFS Pool, instead of my original pool. I quickly switched off the system, removed the 2xMirror USB Sticka and inserted the old USB Stick which I usually boot from. Thanks God the system booted just fine. My old ZFS Pool was showing once again and all data was working 100%
My question is, How can I see both ZFS Pools? I want to boot from the 2 mirrored USB Sticks (Root On ZFS) and at the same time see my old Pool. Actually it will be nice if I could see both Pools, the old "real" pool and the new, small one.

raulfg3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Create alternative Pool

Post by raulfg3 »

do you do a clear config & Import disk, ?

next you must import your pool and sync with reallife.
12.0.0.4 (revision 6766)+OBI on SUPERMICRO X8SIL-F 8GB of ECC RAM, 12x3TB disk in 3 vdev in RaidZ1 = 32TB Raw size only 22TB usable

Wiki
Last changes

HP T510

Return to “ZFS (only!)”