*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-04-17: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7542 - released

*New 11.3 series Release:
2020-04-16: XigmaNAS 11.3.0.4.7538 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

[Solved] Can't login to XigmaNAS WebGUI system status page

If you are new on this forum and you don't know where to post please use this sub-forum. Somebody will answer your question and/or will move your topic into the right sub-forum.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
Divit11
NewUser
NewUser

[Solved] Can't login to XigmaNAS WebGUI system status page

Post by Divit11 »

Hello All,

The problem with my home network is that for some reason I can no longer access the WebGUI system status page. Current system has been running for a couple years now with no problems other that finally had to change out a power supply because nas was randomly shutting down and rebooting. After replacement things were functioning as expected. Using a keyboard I reset nas password back to "xigmanas" but still can not get in from my main workstations. Hardware details: Supermicro X10WSLL-F-O, core i3 with embedded XigmaNAS ver 11.2.0.4 Rev 6315.

One other thing, work stations are on second floor and nas is in the basement. Yah this is a first world issue but sure would like to get the status page back.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Divit11
Last edited by Divit11 on 27 May 2020 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
Supermicro X10SLL-F-O, Core i3 with XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4 Rev 6315 (x64-embedded) running on home network supporting MS 10 Home and Pro work stations

nasrocks
Starter
Starter

Re: Can't login to XigmaNAS WebGUI system status page

Post by nasrocks »

I think I had the same issue and a new security feature was added. Log back into directly to the server and look for a menu to allow webGUi login or something like that. It took me a while to find this when it happened to me.

Divit11
NewUser
NewUser

Post by Divit11 »

Thanks for the suggestion, nasrocks, but the only menu item on the nas terminal is 3) Reset WebGUI Password. Selecting YES show the response "the password for the WebGUI administrative account 'XigmaNAS' will be reset to 'xigmanas'". Backupstairs, the WebGUI prompts for Username and also Password. Any idea what the default username should be? Has someone got a link to terminal code that may allow me to also reset the Username?
D
Supermicro X10SLL-F-O, Core i3 with XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4 Rev 6315 (x64-embedded) running on home network supporting MS 10 Home and Pro work stations

ms49434
Developer
Developer

Post by ms49434 »

Divit11 wrote:
21 May 2020 01:05
Thanks for the suggestion, nasrocks, but the only menu item on the nas terminal is 3) Reset WebGUI Password. Selecting YES show the response "the password for the WebGUI administrative account 'XigmaNAS' will be reset to 'xigmanas'". Backupstairs, the WebGUI prompts for Username and also Password. Any idea what the default username should be? Has someone got a link to terminal code that may allow me to also reset the Username?
D
From the readme:

Default login credentials:
==========================

**** Default login credentials for the XigmaNAS® WEBGUI ****
username: admin
password: xigmanas

**** Default login credentials for the XigmaNAS® Console (CLI) ****
username: root
password: xigmanas

**** Default login credentials for phpVirtualBox ****
username: admin
password: admin

**** Default login credentials for phpMyAdmin ****
username: root
password: leave blank, change password after first login!
1) XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4 amd64-embedded on a Dell T20 running in a VM on ESXi 6.7U3, 22GB out of 32GB ECC RAM, LSI 9300-8i IT mode in passthrough mode. Pool 1: 2x HGST 10TB, mirrored, L2ARC: Samsung 850 Pro; Pool 2: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, SLOG: Samsung SM883, services: Samba AD, CIFS/SMB, ftp, ctld, rsync, syncthing, zfs snapshots.
2) XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4 amd64-embedded on a Dell T20 running in a VM on ESXi 6.7U3, 8GB out of 32GB ECC RAM, IBM M1215 crossflashed, IT mode, passthrough mode, 2x HGST 10TB , services: rsync.

Divit11
NewUser
NewUser

Post by Divit11 »

Sorry ms49434, but I must not have saved my previous response so I will try again. The problem is that the text on the console was not clear enough for me until I tried menu item 3) again and slowly read this message:
The password for the WebGUI administration account 'XigmaNAS' will be reset to 'xigmanas'.
What was not clear to me was that the Username expected is: XigmaNAS and the password is: xigmanas.

So we can mark this problem as solved.

Return to “Newbie Questions”