Latest News:
2019-02-21: XigmaNAS 11.2.0.4.6536 - released!

Latest BETA Release:
2019-02-21: XigmaNAS 12.0.0.4.6536 - BETA released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS cost money, please consider a donation to our project so we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

LCDProc setup

Stats via an mini LCD displays.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
Six_Shooter
Starter
Starter

LCDProc setup

Post by Six_Shooter » 30 Jan 2015 20:46

I'm trying to setup an LCD display using the LCDProc Service.

So far I have not had much success...

I am using an FTDI based FT245 USB break out board. Connection is 4bit mode, based on another thread that was started here. ( viewtopic.php?f=51&t=909 )

When ever Itry to start the service I get this message displayed:
"Error: The changes could not be applied (error code 1)."

I have tried to find what "error code 1" is without success. (I'm having issues access this site and wiki from home on my PC, and so I'm using my cell service right now to post this through my phone).

I have looked at the LCDProc documentation, Ihave not read through it fully, but looked at what I feel are the applicable sections, using the Hd44780 driver.

Ihave tried to set the connection type in the LCDProc Services screen to ftdi, Itried adding a line for port = usbus0, which I realize now as I'm writing this that this likely conflicts with the port 13666 box above...

I have also tried changing the "#" in the first line of the Driver parameters box to usbus0, thinking that might be needed (without the port = usbus0 line).

I notice in the LCDProc documentation that for the port values there, hex is used, and none of them would equal 13666 in decimal.

Ialso see that "device" is a specified setting according to LCDProc documentation but don't see that in the NAS4Free screen, nor sure exactly what would need to be set here in the parameters box if Iwere to add it.

I have tried looking through other threads here for some screen shots or details of what other people have used, but it seems that not many people have used this, or they haven't published thier settings.

Any help you can give me would be great.
MyNAS
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
CPU: AMD ATHALON II X2 255
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Boot Drive: 2GB Kingston DataTraveler 2.0
Storage: (UFS) 14+ TB usable WD Red and Green drives
PSU: Corsair TX650
Case: Antec 300
Other: APC UPS (USB connected)

Six_Shooter
Starter
Starter

Re: LCDProc setup

Post by Six_Shooter » 30 Jan 2015 21:02

Well, I'm having a bit more success...

Ihave been able to get the LCDProc service to start! :)

Unfortunately, the LCDis not displaying anything. I can see that it tries to, since the two default bars go away and other bits flicker, but nothing meaningful is coming through yet.

Igot it to start by adding 4 lines, that inlcue the define of 4 bit mode, and the RS, RW, and EN lines defined.

So enable seems to be correct, since the LCD changes every 10 seconds or so (current page wait time), but no actual data yet.

More reading to do...
MyNAS
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
CPU: AMD ATHALON II X2 255
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Boot Drive: 2GB Kingston DataTraveler 2.0
Storage: (UFS) 14+ TB usable WD Red and Green drives
PSU: Corsair TX650
Case: Antec 300
Other: APC UPS (USB connected)

Return to “LCDproc”